Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Wonder Years (Acoustic) / Laura Stevenson / The Obsessives / Jetty Bones Tour • Page 4

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by JaytotheGee, Aug 2, 2017.

1. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Thanks Nick. I may have to pick up a second copy cus that looks really nice (damn you). EP sounds great and I can't wait for tonight!

2. Grato

Regular

any Laura fans here that know what songs she played?

3. smowashere

Trusted Supporter

The vinyl is gorgeous btw

4. Kelsey

Regular

Happy I got the tour variant last night. It's gorgeous. The show and the atmosphere and everything was very cool. Excited to catch them again tomorrow.

smowashere likes this.
  5. Out With a Whimper
    Happier Etc (I think)
    Torch Song
    Emily In Half
    Claustrophobe
    The Move
    Beets Untitled
    Runner
    Jellyfish

It was my first time seeing her with a band since Cocksure came out, and I was sort of surprised it was so heavy on that album, and that she played nothing from Sit Resist. She sounded great as always though.

This was a really great night overall. Jetty Bones ruled, and everything about TWY’s set was awesome, down to the flowers and the lighting choices.

6. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I missed Jetty Bones because I didn't get off work until 5:45 but luckily I made it for most of the Obssessives and Laura Stevenson who I never got around to listening to, but I absolutely will now. She was great and her and the bass player were so funny.

The Wonder Years though... wow. I didn't know exactly what to expect but they were just so unbelievable sounding. Stripping down the songs really showed just how beautiful they are, and the whole thing felt like such a love letter between them and the fans. It felt like a really special show. I got chills several times and maybe teared up during Devil and C&S. The stage setup was really cool too, and it was such a fun way to see them. The crowd was great, everything was great. I feel really happy and content right now. I was back and forth on the tour vinyl cus I really didn't need to spend the money, but I was going to do it but they sold out right before I did. That's ok though.

smowashere likes this.
  7. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

I'll agree. They sounded absolutely incredible last night. The songs really translate well into the setting. Happy and content is a great way to put it.

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  8. Mister Lyrical

Forging Clarity Supporter

Am I right in guessing that Jetty Bones played all of Crucial States and "No Lover"?

9. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Went the other day. The openers were all great! Jetty Bones was very good I definitely need to check them out, it was cool to see Dylan from TMP playing with them. The Obsessives were great but seemed really nervous haha I don't think the crowd particularly enjoyed them but I hope this tour does well for them. Laura was awesome but the crowd was so disrespectful during her set, I felt really bad and during her quiet songs I could barely hear her and I was right up front.

TWY sounded great and it was awesome to see them again but I really didn't enjoy some of the setlist choices. Really excited for a new album/headliner next year though

Also can't believe how hot it was in there. I really hate the Agora lol

10. They played "No Lover" as well as the first two songs from the new EP. I don't know Crucial States well enough to remember which songs they played from that, except that I know they played "Coasting Lines."

Mister Lyrical likes this.
  11. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

They played "Coasting Lines" and "Second Death in a Rabbit Hole." I thought they played "Lumos" too, but I might be mis-remembering, I was stepping into the venue literally as they started playing so I was a little distracted.

Mister Lyrical likes this.
  12. nakulisbrown

anyone have set times for this? trying to figure out when I need to dip out of work tonight. doors at 6 for my venue....

13. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

does your venue not post set times on the venue page or twitter? most venues do these days

14. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Not nearly common enough around here unfortunately. Half the time I can't even find the start time of the first band, just the time doors open. Luckily the opening band usually posts what time they start on Twitter.

15. nakulisbrown

good idea! the venue and openers had nothing on their Twitters tho :( I could always find set times for venues in NYC when I was up there, but not so easy for shows down here for whatever reason

16. cwhit

Jeff is playing guitar with Laura tonight omg dead

17. cwhit

runner into l dopa into jellyfish kills me

18. cwhit

This middle stretch of the set with all these NCTH songs and Madelyn and the cover really really drags, jesus

JaytotheGee and DrAlanGrant like this.
  19. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I did not think any part of the set dragged at all, but I love NCTH so I guess that has something to do with it.

20. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

The set was really good, but I'd be lying if I didn't start to feel myself getting antsy during Palm Reader.

Hey Julie was awesome though, Casey, I don't know what you're talking about, haha.

DrAlanGrant likes this.
  21. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Palm Reader is one of my favorite songs by the band so I definitely didn't think it dragged during that haha

22. cwhit

that six song stretch sucked but holy fuck devil messed me up

ALT/MSC/FAN likes this.
  23. We didn't get "L-Dopa" in Chicago but I definitely would have preferred that to "Beets Untitled."

24. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

Anyone know the set times? Or have the set times from previous shows where doors were at 6? Thanks!

25. cwhit

last night was doors 6, show 7, jetty bones 7-730, obsessives 7:45-8:15, laura 8:30-9:15, TWY 9:35-10:50

pauljgreco likes this.