Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Wonder Years (Acoustic) / Laura Stevenson / The Obsessives / Jetty Bones Tour

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by JaytotheGee, Aug 2, 2017.

1. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

[​IMG]

2. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

this is the band's best lineup yet, very excited.
    ottobar on october 5th.
    bunch of places probably won't have laura added yet because of the jeff tour

3. cwhit

[​IMG]

4. SkyGrowsBigger

Regular

The best lineup the Wonder Years have been a part of??

5. cwhit

their best touring lineup, yes. finally one that's not just all pop punk dudes. laura and the obsessives are the best.

Aregala likes this.
  6. TylerCrouse

Regular

I remember seeing jetty bones at spring fling really caught my attention like them a lot super happy for them and love this lineup a lot

Emokid79 and cwhit like this.
  7. SkyGrowsBigger

Regular

Agreed, definitely the most gender-inclusive lineup I've seen from them. Wasn't sure what you meant by best.

8. cwhit

i mean it in a bunch of ways. easily their most diverse, both sonically and diversity wise. and the tour that fits most under my tastes

9. Darth Annihilus

Regular

The Orlando date is going up against Self Help Fest. That's gotta hurt just a little bit.

10. cwhit

a bit, yes, but the fans that are super into self help fest would likely negatively influence an acoustic tour with a lineup like this anyways

Joe4th likes this.
  11. Darth Annihilus

Regular

I was super interested when I heard this was acoustic, but I already paid for a vip ticket to Self Help, I guess I'll try to make it to Ft. Lauderdale if I can.

cwhit likes this.
  12. cwhit

i also didn't mean all fans, i just mean a lot of the kids who'd just want to mosh (which i hear happens even at acoustic TWY shows) and will be inconsiderate to laura and the others will probably prioritize self help over this, which will hopefully make a better environment to a degree without hopefully damaging sales too much

13. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

My brain has been screaming since I found out!!!! They really finally came through on the gender inclusive tour and it kicks off in my state on my BIRTHDAY. feeling extra #blessed

14. Darth Annihilus

Regular

It's a 400ish cap room, I'm sure it'll sell out quickly. I've only been to one acoustic show where people moshed and it was the Yellowcard tour where they did Ocean Avenue acoustic. It was lighthearted and fun though.

15. SkyGrowsBigger

Regular

Fair enough. Figured it was partially subjective. They've toured with PUP, The Dirty Nil, Tiny Moving Parts, Beach Slang, Motion City Soundtrack, and letlive in the last year so for me it's a bold statement!

All great bands in my opinion but the lack of gender diversity definitely supports your theory.

16. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

Jetty Bones rules

17. Grato

Regular

Laura and Obsessives full band?

18. cwhit

twy is full band as well but stripped down

19. Grato

Regular

I knew that but wasn't sure if Laura would be full band (she's just as good solo imo) same with obsessives 5 piece v. obsessives 2/3 piece

20. cwhit

i've only ever seen the obsessives as a 2 piece so, hahaha.
    no clue about laura, i can imagine her doing solo on this one, or maybe TWY helping out as backing band on some songs

21. Mister Lyrical

Forging Clarity Supporter

I think Jetty Bones plays as a 4-piece.

22. SkyGrowsBigger

Regular

Laura played solo on the Jeff Rosenstock tour, in between two full, punk bands. Can't imagine she would go full band for this "acoustic" tour.

23. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Ahhh damn I thought she'd be full band on Sunday. Seems like Jeff and company could easily be her backing band

24. SkyGrowsBigger

Regular

Yeah I was bummed as well. She put on a great performance but the crowd was so loud that it wasn't the best atmosphere. I guess that's bound to happen when you're playing acoustic as direct support between two punk bands.

25. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

There is nothing worse than disrespectful people during an acoustic performers set