Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Wonder Years – “Sister Cities” Video • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Feb 8, 2018.

1. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Thats a cool shirt in the pre-order.

Enjoyed the song.

2. Stevie

Regular

This band have a real pattern with me. Loved the upsides, didn't get Suburbia, loved Greates Generation, didn't like the last album so much I can't remember what it was called... but I'm loving this. Looks like the trend will continue!

3. TheBaroness

a burst and I'm awake now Supporter

The last album being terrible + the comments in this thread don’t give me high hopes for this...

4. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

the last album wasnt terrible tho so

5. vein.ftm

Trusted Prestigious

Josh Coll (formerly of Foxing) directed this, pretty cool

6. Kristen

Regular

Really cool on first listen! I’m excited for the album

Colby Searcy likes this.
  7. farva2

Regular

I’m as big a TWY faN as they come but this was pretty underwhelming.

8. love it

Mister Lyrical and Colby Searcy like this.
  9. CheapPop

Regular

This sounds excellent. Bring on the album!

10. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

11. Colby Searcy

I'm honestly a bit surprised at how few options/variations of bundles there are but I love the Cliffdiving shirt

12. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Colby Searcy likes this.
  13. Colby Searcy

Yeah same, love that artwork and style. Wish the writing was a bit larger but still love it

AlwaysEvolving21 likes this.
  14. adamlikesdogs

@meaninglessritual

I opted for only listening to the first single from Brian Fallon's new one before it came out (listened to the leak, but pre-ordered a copy also) and I think that majorly improved my experience with the album. Gonna take it a step further and test my willpower by trying not to listen to anything before this comes out. Wish me luck. Can't wait for 4/6.

15. MrCon

I was trying to describe myself to someone

Not sure that this is one of their best songs, but I like the direction of it. I didn't really get on with No Closer To Heaven, other than the lead single. I'm looking forward to giving the whole thing a listen to see if it grabs me the way Greatest did.

As for production, I'm not going to read too much into a Youtube clip. The drums (particularly the cymbals) came through sounding very odd through my headphones, but it sounded more like a low quality compression than production to me. I'd be amazed if they sound like that on the record itself.

16. TrailerParkJesus

OG

Like the direction, but there is just something holding this track back a little. It reminds me of Don't Let Me Cave In with a little less punch. I' sure I'll like it even better in the context of the album. Also, I like how different Lightning sounds, and I'm sure it will sound awesome when closing out a full listen of the full album.

17. Colby Searcy Feb 9, 2018
    (Last edited: Feb 9, 2018)
    Colby Searcy

So there is a 2nd track released?

18. kevincomplains

There's a properly released single out there now, and it's definitely the youtube compression that buried the vocals and warbled the cymbals. Single sounds great

19. bmir14

Trusted Supporter

This is awesome

20. daldalian

hopelessly yours, Alabama

Everybody is entitled to their opinion, but I loved how dark and diverse the last album was. I'd say it has at least four songs that I'd call some of the best they've ever written. I totally understand people not liking the production but the musicianship and lyrics are so great on that album.

If anything, I'd encourage people to give it another chance.

21. Walkabout

Regular

Suburbia is the best justification of the 3 guitars.

Christian Romero likes this.
  22. AsfAstAswegofar

Regular

I thought this was good, this will grow on me. Also, I didn't realize how many people didn't love NCTH. That's my favorite album of theres, I thought it was perfect...Oh well

Colby Searcy likes this.
  23. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

Loved that video! Could do some parts differently to make it more realistic with that story line, but it's still awesome and I enjoyed the song a lot! Can't wait for the album! ...Also, I'm not sure if they need any justification for having as many guitars, as they want - especially since they reach for keayboards, too.

24. Jared Luttrell

Regular

I hope this album has the same staying power with me that Greatest Generation had that was absent from the last album. It wasn't bad by any means, but with Greatest Generation I can listen to the whole album through without skipping anything and I feel like I only go back to a few songs from the latest album.

25. Cool video, cool song. Interested to see where they take this one.

Colby Searcy likes this.