Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Witcher (Netflix) TV Show • Page 4

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Whalejaw, Oct 31, 2019.

1. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

Well

atlas likes this.
  2. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Heh I understand that there is also a videogame based on the book this story comes from

3. drewinseries

Drew

I enjoyed S1, I think it will start to get a lot better in S2 though now that we have a lot of the exposition done.

I hope in the story we also see some more Witcher contracts. Geralt investigating the aftermath of a creature haunting a village and then finding it/killing it could be such a fun episode to have.

Wharf Rat likes this.
  4. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

That should’ve been the first episode of the whole series, no Yen or Ciri.

5. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

The dragon episode was.. interesting. Enjoyable enough, but I can see what others meant about the poor CGI. Also seemed weird that guy dragging himself toward the dragon egg didn't notice the giant, golden dragon standing over him heh. That Aard kiss scene was cringey. No explanation for what Geralt actually wished for, but of course Yennifer has her assumptions and storms off. Fuck that knight who killed that innocent creature, I was so pumped that he got killed while taking a shit haha.

This show definitely gets a lot better, but continues to have its messy parts that make for a clunkily written story.

Also, Ciri is a really shitty friend. She forces Dara to leave a place that finally gave him true happiness after years of torture. She just ditches him on two separate occasions when he saved her life in the first place, and then when he comes for her AGAIN, she complains about how she's done giving apologies even though she never apologized in the first place lol

6. xkaylinh Jan 11, 2020
    (Last edited: Jan 11, 2020)
    I really liked this, especially the later episodes, but I don't think I would've stuck with it early on if I hadn't already played Wild Hunt. The separate timeline structure was confusing even for me, and I'm already somewhat familiar with the lore.

I kind of wish Ciri had a little more agency and character development this season, but I'm excited to see her growth alongside Geralt.

Chalotra MVP. She was great from the start, but her performance really improved once they got rid of the prosthetics, which goes to show just how burdensome that must've been.

7. I suppose I can understand the low ratings and why people were turned off by this, but I personally loved it from beginning to end. There's definitely worse shows out there that are rated higher by critics. It did take a while for me to realize the timeline stuff, but it to me that gives me reason to rewatch it down the line. Also gave me motivation to maybe someday finish off the main story of Witcher 3 haha.

Toss a coin to your witcher is seriously that jam though. What a banger.

8. BTDandFeelingThis

Now I Know This World Isn’t Spinning Just For Me Prestigious

Does it have low ratings? Last I checked audience reactions were mostly positive and it was one of Netflix’s top streamed shows

9. Critically it is mid to low, but yeah people do love it and is highly watched. I was hesitant cause of the ratings by critics, but I feel like that was more based on the pilot than anything? Who knows. I just thought it got better as it went along.

Cameron likes this.
  10. BTDandFeelingThis

Most likely based on just the pilot. I tend to avoid and not listen to critics

11. Just finished this. I really enjoyed it. Definitely scratched my fantasy itch. The pacing was a bit jarring at times. Not just the separate timelines, but also the way that weeks, months, and years casually pass by throughout the show. Still, I like the story and the action. Henry Cavill and Anya Chalotra are both great in their roles. Very much looking forward to S2.

I've had this stuck in my head for days now haha.

BTDandFeelingThis and RyanPm40 like this.
  12. stayillogical

Kayak, deed, rotator, noon, racecar, Woo Young-woo Prestigious

Fantasy itch is a good way to put it. I was actually really bummed when it was over, I didn't realize it was only 8 episodes. Any suggestions on something similar to watch next?

BTDandFeelingThis likes this.
  13. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

I've been singing Toss a treat to your Izzy to my dog.

Picture of Izzy for tax.

[​IMG]

14. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

Tax accepted

Drewski likes this.
  15. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

i love izzy

Drewski likes this.
  16. I hope this goes on long enough for Freya Allen to portray Ciri closer to the one we see in Wild Hunt.

17. BTDandFeelingThis

The goodest

18. Also, this is on Spotify now. Full soundtrack available on Fri.

19. Cameron and The Black Parade like this.
  20. BTDandFeelingThis

21. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Let’s see some Witcher contracts, and I wanna see some vampires. The vampires in the game are legit terrifying esp the man-bat ones.

The Black Parade and Wharf Rat like this.
  22. Imagine an entire season of side quests haha

Wharf Rat and The Black Parade like this.
  23. atlas

Trusted

I'd be down for a totally non linear season of Geralt just going place to place killing this or that monster and muttering "fuck" and "hmm" every 3 minutes

24. tvck

Trusted

as long as those sword fights are hot fire like they were in Season 1, give me multiple seasons of this.

25. BTDandFeelingThis

I’m imagining that’s what the anime is gonna be