Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Witcher 3 Video Game • Page 4

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Sophos, Mar 23, 2016.

1. natefoundglory

Trusted Supporter

I sold my Xbox sadly, so I guess I have no choice but to re-buy it on PS4, right?

BTDandFeelingThis likes this.
  2. BTDandFeelingThis

Now I Know This World Isn’t Spinning Just For Me Prestigious

Whatever it takes man

3. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

yeah!! they have a complete collection now, which includes all dlcs and free dlcs on the same disc! It's on sale a lot, like a few weeks ago, it was on sale for either $25 or $30 on PSN. I'm assuming it'll be that price again on the PSN black friday deals.

BTDandFeelingThis likes this.
  4. BTDandFeelingThis

I am pleased you are a fan of this, Sanchez

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  5. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

so i bought the complete edition for $30. i was greeted with 16 FREE DLCs in addition to 2 pretty big expansions as well as a base game that reportedly has 100+ hours of content. i still cant get over 16 free DLC packs, sure they may be small, but literally anyone else would make these preorders or lootbox items or something. the devs seem to be more interested in creating a great game with rich lore and reasons to keep playing than making a quick buck and i respect the hell out of that especially given whats going on with a certain Bungie game i wont mention.

so with that aside im about....maybe 3 or so hours in? im still getting used to the feel of everything. the character progression system is still kind of confusing to me but im still enjoying the game a ton. the main story so far has been great and all but the handful of sidequests have done have been absolutely wonderful. one in particular at the beginning involving the Griffon. so i guess technically this isnt a "sidequest" but its a secondary moment in the prologue quests where you have to find a hunter and ask about the Griffon. people have said that the hunter is a freak and an outcast but when i met him he seemed fine albeit very into his hunting. when i asked his story he simply replied he was a freak and wasnt wanted so i told him i too was a freak, then it happened. a moment that made me laugh out loud and then tear up within a few seconds. Geralt asks if Mislav is a werewolf and thats why hes outcast, he then offers to help cure him if Mislav confides in him. then Mislav cuts him off and reveals the heartbreaking story of how he and Florian, the Lords son, were in love and were caught by a stable hand. Florians father had Mislav banished for being gay and Florian hangs himself. it was a small moment, a few lines of dialogue and some facial expressions, but my heart sank to my feet and my eyes welled up. it was at this exact moment i realized this game was more. it absolutely deserves all the praise it gets. even if the graphics and gameplay and all werent all that good id still applaud this game only for that small moment and i think thats fucking special.

on the completely opposite end of the spectrum I shaved Geralts beard off and I noticed right before I turned my PS4 off for the night that Geralts beard fucking grows back in real time although from what i understand this stops with the Beard/Haircut DLC but it definitely has grown out since that one dude shaved my beard while I was staying at some caste.

skurt, Vivatoto, Turkeylegz and 2 others like this.
  6. BTDandFeelingThis

Glad to hear you’re enjoying what is my favorite game

skurt and CoffeeEyes17 like this.
  7. drewinseries

Drew

I just love this game so much.

8. BTDandFeelingThis

skurt likes this.
  9. CoffeeEyes17

Idk what it is but I’m having a hell of a time surviving. I never seem to have enough food. I’ve decided to go back to the beginning White Orchard area to grind up a bit

WolvesAreCircling182 likes this.
  10. Signifire

Headphones blaring three stacks Prestigious

I feel like it takes a while to get to a point where you’re not constantly dying. Having said that, once you reach that point, you don’t really have to worry about it much. There’s so many potions available for different things.

11. Turkeylegz

Trusted

I've been chipping away at this game for well over a year (I am VERY slow at playing games). It is obviously one of the best games of this console generation. My only problem is that I will put the game down for months and forget what is going on when I pick it back up. I was wondering if anyone has read the books and, if so, what their opinions were?

12. BTDandFeelingThis

The books are AMAZING. I boUght them after beating this game for the 3rd time.

Between the books and the games, The in development Netflix series has a hell of a bar to reach

Contender and Turkeylegz like this.
  13. Signifire

Headphones blaring three stacks Prestigious

Haha I’ve done the exact same thing. I’ve had it since it came out and I just hit level 30. I probably have like 2.5 days played at least, but I play it heavily for like a week every 6 months or so. I always forget wtf is going on.

14. Vivatoto

Royal Court of Princess Donut Prestigious

The books are fucking great. The first two are sort of short story collections then the epic with Ciri start. It gives Witcher 3 such a different perspective if you've read the books, they reference them a lot, especially in the dlc. His relationship with Yennifer also means a lot more.

15. BTDandFeelingThis

You are wise and correct. Hello new friend

skurt, Vivatoto and Turkeylegz like this.
  16. Turkeylegz

Trusted

Well. I guess I know what I'm buying myself for Christmas. Do I read them chronologically or by when they were written?

WolvesAreCircling182 likes this.
  17. Vivatoto

Royal Court of Princess Donut Prestigious

Last Wish, then Sword of Destiny, then they'll be in chronological order.

Turkeylegz likes this.
  18. skurt

Sleekest of beaks. So Good.

I just finished re-reading the books, what an experience.

Turkeylegz likes this.
  19. CoffeeEyes17

I gotta say even though this is my first exposure to the Witcher lore I’m keeping up with it fairly well. It’s wonderful

skurt and Turkeylegz like this.
  20. Turkeylegz

Trusted

Only about 50 pages into The Last Wish but I love how the short stories read like quests in the game.

skurt and Vivatoto like this.
  21. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

I really want to read the books.

skurt likes this.
  22. skurt

Sleekest of beaks. So Good.

How do you like that silver?

23. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Bout to start my first re play of this glorious game, and I can’t wait. I got the bad ending the first go around, and I need to change that. Also I might change some decisions I made regarding the Baron quest line.

Bad Frequencies likes this.
  24. BTDandFeelingThis

I’ve replayed this game six times. I love how you can change so many things with the different choices

Cameron likes this.
  25. Lutesy

Is 'Hearts of Stone' the best questline in the history of video games? It's just so perfect; not too long or short, simulatenously feels intimate and sweeping. It's cinematic, but you always feel like you're playing a video game and have an impact on how it all turns out. God, it's so great

Bad Frequencies and CoffeeEyes17 like this.