Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Witcher 3 Video Game • Page 3

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Sophos, Mar 23, 2016.

1. thesinkingship

D.Va 1 Bad Guys 0

You using Witcher swords? Pretty sure they degrade pretty slowly compared to other swords. Also craft weapon repair kits.

Cameron likes this.
  2. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

I forgot I can craft weapon repair kits. I thought I just had to buy them.

And I only have two Witcher swords, and one is really nice. I want to mainly use this really nice silver sword that I crafted forever ago, but wasn't high enough level to use at the time. Which is not a Witcher sword.

3. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

wow. did not know I could craft repair kits, this is game changing...

4. Vivatoto

Royal Court of Princess Donut Prestigious

Most of my repair kits are in the 30's, ha, so I don't really worry about it. I think it's because I'm constantly at blacksmiths repairing. There are some enemies in Blood and Wine that if you hit them at the incorrect time or incorrect place I'm pretty sure it takes a huge chunk out of your sword health, so that's brutal.

5. thesinkingship

D.Va 1 Bad Guys 0

The shalamaar or whatever enemy in Blood and Wine degrades your weapons pretty good I think (or bad I guess)

6. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

6 more damn gwent cards to get.

7. lmao at the bank quest

I love when this game gets really silly with a mission

8. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Started Blood and Wine. Toussaint is absolutely beautiful.

9. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

This is seriously such an impressive expansion. Just did the tourney side quest, and the wine wars side quest. It could be my favorite dlc since Shivering Isles or Undead Nightmare.

10. Anyone fuckin with the grandmaster gear? None of the swords are any use to me at this point but the armor sets are all a slight upgrade. Made the Manticore set and then didn't have enough materials to make the others. Looks pretty sharp, though. Definitely better looking than the Viper set I'd been using for a while.

11. Getting towards the end of B&W. This fable part so far has just been me squealing in delight the whole time.

Also, I somehow haven't completed the honor portion of the chivalric virtues/sword quest. I haven't found a comprehensive list of all of the different ways you can achieve the five virtues, but one of them for honor apparently is to tell the guy the truth about the ghost couple squabbling below the cemetery. I'm almost positive I did just that. so...:-|

12. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

My love for B&W continues. The side quests are so good. The bank quest, Tourney, Wine Wars, and Big Game Hunter were all so neat.

Been taking my time with the main quest. Just Bout to go to the Dutchess to tell her about Deteleffe, and his kidnapped lover.

13. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Okay one of my biggest pet peeves in games is difficulty spikes. This last boss battle is fucking absurd. His second form was difficult enough, and it doesn't auto save whatsoever when it gets to his third form?!

Irritated.

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  14. The bat attack from the second form was brutal. I only died once (if I'm remembering correctly), but I think I was pretty highly leveled. Definitely a challenge.

Also, just damn was B&W great in general.

15. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Yeah even though I was frustrated with the final battle I'm absolutely impressed with the whole experience.

Chose to find Syanna through the illusion instead of summon Detlaffe with the elder vampire. Told the Dutchess to judge Syanna harshly. The Dutchess died....so assuming I got the bad ending haha. Regis is such a cool character.

16. Yeah I think that's the "bad" one. I got the "good" one and I also chose to find Syanna. I'm sure the Elder Vampire choice is cool too but I can't imagine it being as cool/fun/silly as the fairy tale stuff.

17. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

18. BTDandFeelingThis

Now I Know This World Isn’t Spinning Just For Me Prestigious

This thread needs more action. I fucking love this series/game

19. Contender

Goodness is Nowhere Supporter

My favorite game of all time.

20. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Did anyone play the Gwent spinoff game? I love gwent in the Main game

21. Vivatoto

I've mentioned this a lot, if you love the series you should definitely check out the books they're based on (which the games treat as canon and the narrative comes before the games)

BTDandFeelingThis likes this.
  22. BTDandFeelingThis

Already have. Love them lol.

I’m hoping the Netflix show is just as good as the games/books

Vivatoto likes this.
  23. Vivatoto

Oh sweet! The books aren't huge in the US so I assume people haven't checked them out. They're so damn good. I have Lady of the Lake but I haven't read it yet.

24. natefoundglory

Trusted Supporter

I still haven't played the 2 DLCs, which I hear is blasphemy on my part.

25. BTDandFeelingThis

Do it NOW