Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Witcher 3 Video Game

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Sophos, Mar 23, 2016.

1. Sophos

Regular

this is my favorite game of all time probably. it changed my life when i played it last summer and drained most of my life into it for two weeks. it is the most immersive experience i've ever had in terms of media and story telling, it moved me like nothing else ever has. im currently playing through the hearts of stone DLC and having an incredibly similar experience, this game just keeps on giving. i highly suggest checking this game out if you haven't yet. you won't regret it.

2. I started it and got past the first "boss," but I switched to Bloodborne (and now Tomb Raider) and haven't picked it back up yet. Given how much I love Witcher 1 and 2 (and RPGs in general) I know I'll love it and want to pour 80 hours into it, so I've been trying to clear out the rest of my backlog first so I can really relax and sink into it without thinking about any other games.

3. Sophos

Regular

this game is just so fucking stunning visually. it's the best virtual world i've had the pleasure of being apart of.

4. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

I need to play this more, damn backlog of games.

5. Has anyone fucked with the runecraft stuff added in the DLC? That's pretty much all I'd have to do with the game after beating it until the new DLC comes out.

6. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

I didn't finish the full game and I haven't touched the first dlc yet. I think I'll wait until the summer to play it all with Blood & Wine.

7. Sophos

Regular

A lot of time away from it made me appreciate it that much more when I came back last week to play hearts of stone

Signifire likes this.
  8. The_Effort

Regular Supporter

Need to get the DLC for this. Loved this game when it came out. Spent so much time trying to win all the Gwent cards from people

9. Vivatoto

Royal Court of Princess Donut Prestigious

Everyone should read the series too because it's great. Excited for the new translation coming out next month.

10. That's definitely on my reading list.

Vivatoto likes this.
  11. tucah

not champ Prestigious

The whole franchise consumed my life for the first half of the last year - replayed the first two (and the second twice to get both routes), read all the books, then finally played 3 to death when it came out. TW3 is easily one of my favorite games in recent memory, just fantastic and CDPR really got all the little details down that made the world so enjoyable and memorable in the books. Hearts of Stone added some of my favorite content of the game and the next expansion might be more anticipated than any other game for me.

Vivatoto likes this.
  12. Driving2theBusStation

Regular

Loved TW3, started part 2 but having a tough time going back to that more restricted (it's not, but its the only word that comes to mind) gameplay after how great part 3 handled immersion and monster hunting. Never played an open world game where I wanted to do every side quest until this one, and there are plenty of them.

13. fifpb99

Newbie Prestigious

Eagerly awaiting the next expansion -- sunk 130+ hours into Witcher 3 trying to complete everything I could, explore everywhere I could, etc. The world-building, characters and storytelling are what really do it for me with this game. The Bloody Baron quest line is probably the thing I'll remember most about this game.

Also looking forward to the Cyberpunk game CD Projekt Red is releasing next.

14. Signifire

Headphones blaring three stacks Prestigious

Been meaning to get back on this for a while, fantastic game.

15. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  16. Signifire

Played today for the past eight hours.. totally addicted again. Can't wait to wake up and play before work.

17. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

Am I the only one frustrated by how they patched the game over time? For example, how they only added a storage box after I already finished the game. I did not buy the DLCs because I would like to play them with an ideal character, not my character that had to throw away all his stuff because I decided to play the game during the first few weeks after it's release. Maybe that's weird but somehow the way they handled it bothered me. There is a difference between fixing broken things and adding stuff that clearly should have been there in the first place.

18. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

I have had this sitting in my home since Christmas, unable to play, and it's killing me. I started playing it for an hour two weeks ago, and haven't gotten to go back since. My life is pain.

19. Signifire Apr 19, 2016
    (Last edited: Apr 19, 2016)
    Signifire

I don't really agree with the general sentiment of this post but I will say they should have had stashes from the jump. Don't know how I played before without them.

20. The Lucky Moose

I'm not like really mad or anything. I just makes my character feel kind of hollow is all, knowing that I could have kept all my stuff.

21. Gnarly Charlie

Good guy, but a bad dude

Everything about this game was exceptionally done.

The only game where I didn't get bored and start fast travelling, I literally walked and rode horses everywhere.

The story was top notch, the graphics and environments were insane. I don't know how they pulled it off, I really don't.

22. The Lucky Moose

The art direction and the graphics are definitely amazing. Especially considering the fact that they are a comparably small developer.

23. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

That time lapse was awesome, fantastic game.

24. tucah

not champ Prestigious

I want the next expansion so goddamn badly.

25. Signifire

Holy shit..

"You will be chained to a rock.. to perish in hunger and thirst.. and sea fowl will peck at your remains"