Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Wire (HBO) TV Show • Page 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

That assault charge sounds pretty serious. Fucking grabbing a woman by the hair!? Jesus.

2. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

3. thethingis

Meet me in Montauk. Prestigious

I finished the series for the first time this morning and now I am very sad that it's over.

4. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

Ended up watching the Omar supercut on YouTube for like a half hour on accident the other day lol. Having seen him in the Season 3 finale of the Sopranos and now in The Night Of makes me want to rewatch this even more.

5. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

yeah im due for a rewatch.

6. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

7. mad

I was right. Prestigious

amazing

8. mad

I was right. Prestigious

cubsml34 likes this.
  9. MexicanGuitars

10. fronkensteen

Trusted

I watched the first season and dropped it 5-10 years ago because most of it went over my head and admittedly I didn't have subtitles and I missed half the stuff they were saying, haha.

So I started it again last week and am enjoying it more. I'm about halfway through the second season and while I'm liking it more, I don't think it's going to reach the level of praise that people seem to give it constantly. It's definitely good, but I'm not sure why people love it so much. Unless it dramatically spikes in quality as the seasons go on, which I guess is possible.

Any thoughts on this without spoiling anything?

11. Full Effect Ed

...In F*cking Full Effect Prestigious

It's heavily praised for its intelligent writing and realism. I've living in Baltimore all my life and there will never ever be another show that hits home like "The Wire" did.

Oh and season 2 is definitely my favorite season out of the 5. Enjoy!!

Ken likes this.
  12. fronkensteen

Trusted

It definitely seems realistic in all facets, but that doesn't "do it" for me, know what I mean? I'm sure living there had a huge impact as well; hope your upbringing wasn't that rough, lol

13. Full Effect Ed

...In F*cking Full Effect Prestigious

lol nah, I live in the county but I drive for Lyft and I'm around those city parts almost daily. Just keep watching, you'll understand the hype soon enough.

fronkensteen likes this.
  14. fronkensteen

Trusted

Sounds good.

15. MexicanGuitars

Seasonal 3 and 4 are widely thought of as the best. I think once you see those, you start to appreciate the distinctiveness of the earlier seasons.

16. fronkensteen

Trusted

Dee... :(

Wharf Rat likes this.
  17. fronkensteen

Trusted

In season four now. Dennis is a great character. Hope he doesn't get killed or backslides.

cubsml34 and mad like this.
  18. mad

I was right. Prestigious

This show has so many great characters.

cubsml34 likes this.
  19. MexicanGuitars

Slim Charles >>> everyone else

marceting likes this.
  20. Morrissey

Trusted

Slim Charles developed into the moral authority after being such an inconsequential character. "That was for Joe" was one of the show's most emotional moments.

Wharf Rat and cubsml34 like this.
  21. mad

I was right. Prestigious

I don't think I could pick an absolute favourite character. I love way too many.
    Naming just a few: Bodie, Snoop, Omar, Randy, Greggs, Colvin, Stringer, D'Angelo, Freamon...okay I'll stop.

22. stayillogical

Kayak, deed, rotator, noon, racecar, Woo Young-woo Prestigious

I think it's time for a rewatch.

23. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

Bunk is the correct answer.

24. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

After watching Treme, all the actors also on that show are my favorite characters on this one

25. Signifire

Headphones blaring three stacks Prestigious

I think my favorite characters to watch are Bodie, Barksdale, and Stringer.