Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Wire (HBO) TV Show

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

The Wire is an American crime drama television series set and produced in and around Baltimore, Maryland. Created and primarily written by author and former police reporter David Simon, the series was broadcast by the cable network HBO in the United States. The Wire premiered on June 2, 2002, and ended on March 9, 2008, comprising 60 episodes over five seasons.

Dave Diddy likes this.
  2. Ryan G

Moderator Moderator

Starting this tonight for my first time.

Jason Tate likes this.
  3. Promise you stay with it for at least 5 episodes. It needs its time to get going.

4. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Just saw that the creator of this show is coming up with a new one on HBO with James Franco, which looks to be the exact opposite of this one. I still need to watch this.

5. Ryan G

Moderator Moderator

Noted!

Jason Tate likes this.
  6. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Half way through season 4. Good shit.

7. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

I watched this for the first time over winter break, already one of my top shows. Almost immediately rewatched it but went on to something else, thinking about a rewatch again already though

8. Driving2theBusStation

Regular

I just discovered this was on bluray and HD in the itunes store. Never thought I'd see the day, so kinda hyped, but...how? Wasn't it shot in SD?

9. Morrissey

Trusted

It was butchered for a re-release.

10. NewSurrender

Regular Prestigious

I've heard about this show, might check it out.

11. mad Apr 4, 2016
    (Last edited: Apr 4, 2016)
    mad

I was right. Prestigious

After my second full watch through I've decided that this is my favourite show. It deserves all the hype it gets.

12. Signifire

Headphones blaring three stacks Prestigious

Love this show.

13. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

The king stay the king.

14. alex

notgonz Prestigious

First time through, it took me several months of stopping and starting again to finish it. But almost immediately after I finished I started again and went through the whole thing in a couple of weeks.

Cameron likes this.
  15. nchlsnwtn

Regular Prestigious

just finished this. hard to find words to describe it other than cliché ones like "perfect".

cubsml34 and michaelvalerijr like this.
  16. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

Started this last summer while doing an internship from home, which was awful because in the process of it becoming my all-time favorite show, every day I would stop work an hour or two early to watch another episode, which led to me working like 6-7 days a week to fulfill my total requirement haha.

Show nails it across the board. Indeed, difficult to contribute any overwhelming praise about it that hasn't been said already. Thinking about rewatching later this year once i finish my thesis.

17. mad

I was right. Prestigious

@cubsml34 that's exactly why I'm glad I first watched this show when I wasn't in school. Otherwise I would have done zero schoolwork while binging the show

cubsml34 likes this.
  18. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

i need to do a rewatch. theres too much going on to really appreciate it on one watch through i feel like.

19. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

20. bedwettingcosmo

what an idiot

21. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

Ahhh damn it Bunk

22. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Season 2 was meh, but it generally fit in the grand scheme of it all. Show is fantastic.

23. bedwettingcosmo

season 2 was my fav

24. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

Never got the season 2 hate. Probably my favorite.

Cameron likes this.
  25. drstrong

I'm Back.

I got into this show like 9 years after it was OVER...but man it's so good.