Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Wheel of Time (Robert Jordan) Book • Page 15

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Vivatoto, Mar 30, 2016.

1. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Awesome there’s a thread for this! I read Eye of the World a couple months ago and was hooked. Started The Great Hunt about a week ago. See you guys in thirteen books.

2. GBlades

Trusted

I did NOT know there was a thread for this. I'm doing the same as yourself, currently halfway through Eye Of The World and my gf got me The Great Hunt and Dragon Reborn for Christmas. Hopefully finish this soon (slow reader due to work at the moment) but I think this may be one of the greats judging by the first book.

3. Vivatoto

Royal Court of Princess Donut Prestigious

So Amazon is making the show.

coleslawed and Garrett L. like this.
  4. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

@tucah btw this thread exists :)

tucah likes this.
  5. tucah

not champ Prestigious

Hah yes, I know, I was going to eventually post my thoughts when I finish up Eye of the World within the next day or two.

Anyway, LOVE the book so far. The characters are wonderful (although I don't really care for Mat right now), and pretty captivated by the world building, just waiting to see what person or town or bit of info from Moiraine I come across next. I said this in the Malayan thread, but it really brings me back to the feeling of reading LotR for the first time, just an absolute joy to read.

Garrett L. likes this.
  6. Garrett

I didn’t love Mat until 4 or so. Then he slowly became my favorite of the three male leads.

fenway89, tucah and The Lucky Moose like this.
  7. Dave Diddy

Grief is only love that’s got no place to go Supporter

Book 7 here we go...........

Vivatoto likes this.
  8. tucah

not champ Prestigious

Finished Eye of the World and I'm just head over heels with the book and series so far. I'm an idiot for owning this for like a dozen years and never getting around to it, hah.

Garrett L. and Vivatoto like this.
  9. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

I think I'll start this when I finish the book I'm reading now. I've read the first book but it's been a few years so idk whether to reread it or just look up a summary or something. Probably reread.

It'll probably take me til the end of the year to finish one tbh

tucah likes this.
  10. Dave Diddy

I'm about halfway through book 8 and man it's getting hard as hell to follow on audiobook. There's so many female characters to keep track of, it's damn near impossible haha. I'm going to have to read a long recap of what's been going on.

11. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

Well, I'm doing it

Vivatoto and Garrett L. like this.
  12. Garrett

Can't remember if it's been mentioned in here, but Amazon ordered a script for a pilot of this and the first draft is expected this summer.

Amazon doing Wheel of Time and Lord of the Rings... apparently Bezos is my long lost twin.

Connor and ChaseTx like this.
  13. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

I'm against a WoT show because there is no way they'll ever get through the whole series, haha.

Connor likes this.
  14. Garrett

Give me the first three books and I'm good.

Even if my favorite book is #4.

Connor likes this.
  15. Connor

we're all a bunch of weirdos on a quest to belong Prestigious

Remember that throw-a-way pilot that was filmed and dumped at 1 in the morning on FX??

The Lucky Moose and Garrett L. like this.
  16. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

hey so uh is there a book club going or what

17. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Garrett L. and Vivatoto like this.
  18. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

I know this still means it’s probably two years out, but it’s something!

19. Garrett

I’m getting closer and closer to a full series re-read, I can tell.

theagentcoma likes this.
  20. tucah

not champ Prestigious

I finally started The Great Hunt.

Garrett L. and ChaseTx like this.
  21. GBlades

Trusted

The Wheel of Time is such a great series. I know it gets its stick but it's such a great read. Yes, there is better, but it's a moving story and I can also see myself doing a reread shortly.

22. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

I’m about 100 pages into The Dragon Reborn. Is this whole thing told from Perrin’s POV?

23. GBlades

Trusted

Rand has a handful of POV chapters in this book.

24. Garrett

Crossroads of Twilight doesn’t have Rand for like the first 700 pages, iirc. Then again, he’s the last like 350 of Winter’s Heart and CoT is really just catching everyone up to him.

That last 350 of WH is some of the highest points of the series for me. Jordan rose out of the slump amazingly, there. (Only for CoT to continue it :x)

25. Dave Diddy

Ugh I'm halfway through book 9 and I'm really struggling here. Loved the first ehh 6 or 7 but these last few have been an absolute chore. I'm listening to them on audiobook and just cannot force myself to pay attention. I've never been so torn before on a series. On one hand I've read 9 freaking books in the series and would hate to give up on it, but on the other the thought of 6 more books fills me with dread.