Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Wheel Of Time (Amazon Prime) TV Show • Page 4

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by GBlades, Jun 20, 2019.

1. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

I feel really good about this, but I also feel “purists” are probably going to fucking hate it.

2. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

Because they haven’t been shared here yet…

Lan:

Moiraine:

GBlades and Brother Beck like this.
  3. Garrett

Shadar Logoth (which was on my shortlist of possible to cut plot lines) was also confirmed:

Brother Beck likes this.
  4. Garrett

And they released some of the concept art:

Brother Beck likes this.
  5. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Oh fuck yes, shadar logoth creeped me the fuck out and would make a great standalone episode.

Brother Beck and Garrett like this.
  6. Garrett

It’s such a satisfying call-back in Winter’s Heart, too, so I’m glad it made the cut. I think it’s the first time they can truly let Moiraine shine, too.

Brother Beck likes this.
  7. GBlades

Trusted

There's a Rafe Q&A later today so hopefully we get some more information.

8. Garrett

Season 2 already greenlit.

GBlades and Brother Beck like this.
  9. GBlades

Trusted

Few things of note as well. Elayne for S2 was a big one but seems to be that there's a lot of changes due to funds BUT that doesn't bother me as long as its a good story etc.

10. Garrett

I wonder if they're by-passing Caemlyn entirely then, if Elayne (and Gawyn/Galad/Elaida/Morgase/Gareth) is/(are all) getting pushed to season 2.

11. Garrett

They're threading his responses as a Twitter thread now:

12. GBlades

Trusted

13. Garrett

It’s going to be a holiday for me.

Brother Beck and GBlades like this.
  14. GBlades

Trusted

Fun thing in the teaser (found on WotTV Series on Twitter) - There is a message in the Old Tongue in the top corners:

kodome calichniye ga na atha'an aman hei
    Here is always a welcome for the people of the Dragon.

Brother Beck and Garrett like this.
  15. Garrett

How many packages do I have to buy, Jeffrey Bezos, to guarantee I get the Rhuidean episode? 4? 5?

Brother Beck and GBlades like this.
  16. GBlades

Trusted

Can't wait for the Rand figure to come in a box....

scottlechowicz and Garrett like this.
  17. Garrett

Funko Pops for this will destroy my wallet.

scottlechowicz and GBlades like this.
  18. Garrett

FlayedManOfSF and scottlechowicz like this.
  19. GBlades

Trusted

Yeah it seems to be happening BUT it's not associated with Amazon Prime, am i right? Supposedly it's just a way for Red Eagle to keep the rights much like when they did the Winter Dragon pilot.

20. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

Whoa!

21. Helloelloallo

Trusted Supporter

I started reading this series a few years ago. I read 1-8 twice, and am about 2 chapters away from the last battle starting in the final book! My goal was to finish before the show started, and it looks like that'll happen unless it's a surprise drop like Friday or something ha.

It definitely has been a struggle at times, but overall I think I have become a huge fan. 4-6 (shadow rising especially) are some of my favorite fantasy books of all time and considering that middle section as a trilogy, it's near flawless. I genuinely think that if the series trims the fat of the later books, and focuses the plot a bit more, it will be a huge hit for me and hopefully others who aren't into the series already.

GBlades and Garrett like this.
  22. FlayedManOfSF

Trusted

I am so excited for this series. I am on The Gathering Storm right now but haven't read New Spring yet. I'm hoping I'll finish before the series starts but either way I'm so excited to watch this thing I want it NOW. Hopefully they surprise drop it on Saturday after the Comic Con at Home panel.

Helloelloallo likes this.
  23. Helloelloallo

Trusted Supporter

What your favorites so far and are you enjoying the transition to Sanderson (in short I think he's doing well so far - need to see how it wraps - but he has overwritten a few of the characters into caricatures - mainly Mat) I read New Spring based on publication date, but I don't think you're missing much by going back to it in lieu of reading it after 10. Excluding the last book and prequel, below is my ranking. Sorry if I am starting controversy. I think I probably have the great hunt a bit higher that most people would, but what i loved about that one, was it took what was a pretty cookie cutter first book and opened up and expanded the world to to such a high degree that I was blown away by it when I first read it and all the way through 6 was wild.

4/6/5/3/2/12/11/13/1/8/7/9/10

scottlechowicz likes this.
  24. Garrett

Oooh, I'm always down for a good ranking. After my re-read last year, I *think* this is how I'd rank them. After the top 6 (happy to see you have the same top 6 in a different order, haha, @Helloelloallo), it gets a lot harder to commit to where a book is placed, except for the last two. I don't hate the slog like many do. Most of Winter's Heart is probably below Path of Daggers, but the climax catapults it much higher.

The Shadow Rising (4)
    Lord of Chaos (6)
    The Dragon Reborn (3)
    The Great Hunt (2)
    The Fires of Heaven (5)
    The Gathering Storm (12)

A Memory of Light (14)
    The Eye of the World (1)
    Knife of Dreams (11)
    Winter's Heart (9)
    Towers of Midnight (13)
    A Crown of Swords (7)
    The Path of Daggers (8)

New Spring (0.5)
    Crossroads of Twilight (10)

Helloelloallo likes this.
  25. FlayedManOfSF

Trusted

Honestly I've read them so quickly that I can't really differentiate between the books (2.5 week or so). I just know that The Shadow Rising was the best and I'm loving The Gathering Storm. I'm afraid to share too many opinions in here because I'm pretty sure they're vastly different from many people's. Honestly the first 2 books might be at the bottom of my list right now but I'm glad I held out because it's been a rewarding read.

Garrett likes this.