Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Wheel Of Time (Amazon Prime) TV Show • Page 7

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by GBlades, Jun 20, 2019.

1. GBlades

Trusted

It definitely is Tam. Michael McElhatton was officially announced to play Tam al'Thor. Be good to see him play another fantasy character!

Brother Beck and CarpetElf like this.
  2. GBlades

Trusted

WoT Up! have got a leak that Lews Therin will be in season 1 and played by actor Alexander Karim.

Garrett and Brother Beck like this.
  3. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

I remember reading these books 20-ish years ago, and even hearing rumblings then of some kind of adaption, movie or tv show, animated or live action... It's crazy that this is actually happening and that we're getting it pretty damn soon. I'm starting to get extremely excited for this.

4. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

It not starting with a cold open of the creation of Dragonmount would be a bad move imho!

5. Garrett

They recast Mat for season two.

6. GBlades

Trusted

Saw that. Not sure how to feel. Barney deleted all social media (pretty sure he wasn't on it before WOT either) and isn't in any photos online with the cast. We may never know the reason but I hope he's alright.

scottlechowicz likes this.
  7. Helloelloallo

Trusted Supporter

yea, I hope that everything is alright but I hate they had to do this. It's always so off putting for me when recasts happen and it takes me out of it, so before the show has even started, there's a huge cloud hanging over for me. We'll see though I guess. I'll try to just enjoy season 1 and when season 2 drops, it is what it is.

8. GBlades

Trusted

Poster(s) revealed. One is the international version that is slightly different.

Attached Files:

9. Helloelloallo

Trusted Supporter

so my first thought is that these poster sucks lol i just saw them on twitter and they just looks so amateur and slapped together and incohesive? but there does appear to be some nice details in the background and the first trailer was good, so still mainly optimistic. I think we'll get a longer trailer from NYC comicon panel tomorrow as well. And we're only like 6 weeks away from the show so not long now.

10. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

Look great to me

11. TomG

Trusted Supporter

Ok…I’ve always put this series off despite being a fantasy fan because I’m overwhelmed by the size/number of books. Is it worth the investment or should I hold off?

12. Garrett

A very hearty yes. The first six are nearly flawless fantasy works. 7-10 are called "the slog" but they've never felt that way to me at all.

TomG likes this.
  13. TomG

Trusted Supporter

I’m finishing Children of Dune and then maybe I’ll take the plunge next in prep for season 1

Garrett likes this.
  14. Garrett

Supposedly season one and two will be meshes of books 1-3, so "beware of spoilers" if that's a thing for you when it comes to the show.

TomG likes this.
  15. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

I hope the show is very good

Garrett and Brother Beck like this.
  16. GBlades

Trusted

News keeps trickling out....

17. Garrett

The NYCC panel is soon, right?

18. GBlades Oct 8, 2021
    (Last edited: Oct 8, 2021)
    GBlades

Trusted

1 minute! Its on the NYCC page under Main Stage

Edit: 1 hour. I'm a confused International....

19. GBlades

Trusted

Also, strong Nier soundtrack vibes from the song.

20. Garrett

Starting now!

GBlades likes this.
  21. Garrett

GBlades likes this.
  22. Helloelloallo

Trusted Supporter

the clip they showed looks great.

23. Garrett

I love that Josha is the furthest in reading the books, but that Madeline and Zoe aren't far behind. It tracks with their characters so well, haha.

24. Garrett

Elayne (obviously) confirmed for season 2. Ceara Coveney (top right below).

*looking* at the two pictures... Aviendha (or Lanfear) and Elaida (or Verin), right?

25. vidiviciveni

Trusted

Rafe Judkins cannot be a persons real name

ChaseTx likes this.