Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Wheel Of Time (Amazon Prime) TV Show • Page 6

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by GBlades, Jun 20, 2019.

1. Helloelloallo

Trusted Supporter

You probably already know this but he's been cast (Hammed Animashaun) and it was confirmed that they weren't going to change them to more human looking since apparently that was what some fans were afraid of. I don't know much else beyond that, no leaks at the makeup or effects yet.

2. Helloelloallo

Trusted Supporter

I realized I was a bit harsh before but as more teasers come (and hopefully a trailer) soon, we'll get a sense of the tone and direction they're going for. The stills have already lead me to believe, it's going to be a good bit different. This is what was being used as the series description in all the early press.

The Wheel of Time is set in a sprawling, epic world where magic exists, but only women can use it. Meaning that in this series — women hold the keys to power. The story follows Moiraine, a member of the shadowy and influential all-female organization called the ‘Aes Sedai' as she embarks on a dangerous, world-spanning journey with five young men and women. Moiraine's interested in these five because she believes one of them might be the reincarnation of an incredibly powerful individual, whom prophecies say will either save humanity or destroy it.

Brother Beck likes this.
  3. GBlades

Trusted

Teaser trailer tomorrow!

4. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

GBlades likes this.
  5. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

Holy shit it’s actually real

6. Garrett

THE ONE POWER LOOKS SO BADASS

MYRDDRAAL

Rand and Egwene sex scene?

scottlechowicz and Brother Beck like this.
  7. GBlades

Trusted

Well that was amazing!! Myrddraal looked so scary too! Really liked the scope of it and how little it showed in terms of story.

Garrett and Brother Beck like this.
  8. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

I don't want to sound foolish and rambling, so I'll just say that every single thing in that trailer hit for me 100%. Holy crap does this look good.

Can't believe it's actually happening and we're getting eyes on this thing.

Cast in action looks PHENOMENAL, the way they are visualizing the One Power looks extremely cool and intriguing, so many highlights for me.

Garrett and GBlades like this.
  9. GBlades

Trusted

Right?? We've all got our head canon and some things are different etc but it all looks great. Can't fault them and say that this doesn't look epic. The channelling is a different way than I expected but to be fair, I'm not even sure how that could have been portrayed but I do like it.

Even at the end of the trailer, when we see Moiraine channeling in Emond's Field, that was what really got me going.

10. Garrett

The Tar Valon stuff looked incredible. I think we saw a brief glimpse at Moiraine’s Aes Sedai test?

Brother Beck likes this.
  11. Garrett

BFB32AEF-2A71-49C4-B541-A5ED98A450A2.jpeg

12. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

Only 8 episodes? I assume each episode is 90 minutes then?!? Please?!

13. GBlades

Trusted

I'm assuming they're doing New Spring, Eye of the World and perhaps some of Great Hunt so they'd better be 2 hours!

scottlechowicz and Brother Beck like this.
  14. Garrett

I think I read they’re all 60+

15. GBlades

Trusted

Rafe confirmed its the first 3 books but not all of them as some parts appear in season 2

Brother Beck likes this.
  16. Garrett

GBlades and Brother Beck like this.
  17. SmashRipsaw Sep 2, 2021
    (Last edited: Sep 2, 2021)
    SmashRipsaw

Outcast Tape Infirmary

They're definitely making Moiraine the main character, which I'm not sure about. On one hand, she's awesome, but on the other hand it's a huge change from the books (although I'm only through the second one, so correct me if I'm wrong). Also, when can I read the prequel without spoiling anything? I'm already having such a hard time trying to read 15 books without accidentally reading spoilers.

Brother Beck likes this.
  18. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

I feel like I am the perfect level of fan of these books for a show like this: I've read the first several books in the series numerous times, I love the world and the history and the lore and all of that, yet I find the writing itself increasingly frustrating and unenjoyable and eventually give up on the series after reading several books. I don't feel overly attached to specifics and minutiae from the books like I do with say, The Lord of the Rings books, and so it is just extremely exciting to see this overall story brought to the screen with passion and respect.

Far too often with these types of books you get something like The Shannara Chronicles, and I just can't help but feeling like why even bother? Who is something like that even for? You're obviously going to annoy most fans of the books when material is handled like that, while at the same time, the whole thing is inherently kind of niche.

I think I have read / heard that this is the approach for this opening season, but that the plan for the series going forward is to shift focus or expand focus so-to-speak where certain other characters i.e. Rand become more of a main character and more of a focal point of the story.

GBlades and SmashRipsaw like this.
  19. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

trailer looks alright

20. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

I was reading comments / reactions to the trailer on YouTube, and someone mentioned that Thom Merrilin looked spot-on for them, only I've scanned the trailer even kinda in slow-mo and I didn't see Thom Merrilin anywhere in there..... Is Thom in the trailer???

21. Garrett

Maybe at the 1:10 mark?

Brother Beck likes this.
  22. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

Oooh, I hope not - that'll be the first bum note for me so far...

23. GBlades

Trusted

Unless I've missed it, he's definitely not in the trailer. People seem to be getting Tam and Thom mixed up though.

Brother Beck likes this.
  24. Garrett

I could definitely see the guy at 1:10 being Tam.

Brother Beck likes this.
  25. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

I'm really hoping that's Tam not Thom. That was fun to say.