Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Wheel Of Time (Amazon Prime) TV Show • Page 5

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by GBlades, Jun 20, 2019.

1. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

We have a thread for the books somewhere around here and I feel pretty confident saying any opinion you have will be valued by those of us in there, @FlayedManOfSF @Helloelloallo, so always feel free to drop in and share them!

2. FlayedManOfSF

Trusted

I just passed a certain part in The Gathering Storm that was perhaps my favorite scene of all the books so far though. A truly Vicious and Elegant surprise, one that left me stunned. You can probably guess the one based on the weirdly capitalized letters above.

Garrett likes this.
  3. FlayedManOfSF

Trusted

I'll join when I finish all the books for sure!

Garrett likes this.
  4. Garrett

The Vicious reveal is one of the best things in the entire series. Truly beautiful.

FlayedManOfSF likes this.
  5. Garrett

scottlechowicz likes this.
  6. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

The furthest I have made it in the series is Book 5, but I honestly think Books 2-4 are very, very, very good. Book 1 is awesome too and I've reread it many times, but it does have some fairly heavy similarities to Tolkien's LOTR, which I don't really even fault Jordan for, and seemed to be more of a relic of that time in fantasy publishing more than anything else.

7. Garrett

If you break the series into trilogies, it kinda works for making it less daunting of a read. It also groups the worst two with a pretty strong one (10/NS and 11). I think 7-9 get a lot more hate than they deserve (and they're the three shortest/quickest reads, so "slog" is a weird term for them), but that' in large part because of *how good* 1-6 are and it being a long series.

Books 1-3
    Books 4-6
    Books 7-9
    Books 10-11, NS (I am very curious about the two Moiraine novella we never got, so I actually rate this one a bit)
    Books 12-14

8. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Wild that they’re already filming season two.

9. Helloelloallo

Trusted Supporter

I'm probably being dense but it's flying over my head about what you're specifically referring to...

10. Garrett

Verin

FlayedManOfSF and Helloelloallo like this.
  11. Garrett

12. Garrett

Got so excited I didn’t even scroll up to the big poster

coleslawed, GBlades and Brother Beck like this.
  13. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

I picked up book 5 yesterday, it's only been like 2 years since I read the 4th so I guess I better get on it

14. GBlades

Trusted

I like the poster but I'm really hoping they aren't pushing for Moiraine to be the lead. I know this is a story about a LOT of people but.....come on.

15. Helloelloallo

Trusted Supporter

If you've read any of the press releases, i think it's clear this first season will be 100% about Moraine. I guarantee new spring will be covered in this season and a lot will be on her background. I am predicting half a season before we even get to and subsequently leave the 2 rivers and then we'll pick up pace and start jumping through the books rapidly.

Brother Beck likes this.
  16. Garrett

she’s the main known actor in the cast so it makes sense in that regard

17. Garrett

They just confirmed that’s a Waygate in the poster.

18. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

That's an interesting approach. I hadn't heard / read any of that info, and I guess I was assuming the season would start right around where EOTW starts.

I would be completely on board and excited with the show having Moraine be the lead and having the focus really be on her. I think that would make for a very interesting way to tell the story, but I do recognize that I don't have the attachment that a lot of people do to the series.

It's awesome to finally have an idea when this is coming. Love the poster.

Helloelloallo likes this.
  19. GBlades Aug 17, 2021
    (Last edited: Aug 18, 2021)
    GBlades

Trusted

Official WoT has been rereleasing teasers, hoping they are trying to generate hype. Magazine still has been leaked too.
    Updated to include official stills:

FB_IMG_1629286532927.jpg FB_IMG_1629286530876.jpg FB_IMG_1629286528690.jpg FB_IMG_1629286526385.jpg

Brother Beck likes this.
  20. Garrett

Stills above probably taken from this thread, but there's also a magazine article.

21. Garrett

Increasing the presence of Alanna and Logain is *chef's kiss* adaptation.

GBlades likes this.
  22. GBlades

Trusted

nice! i didnt read the article yet but hoping to pick it up. Seems to be from EW. I like the appearance of (what im guessing is) Shadar Logoth with Lan and Moiraine and Logain and Alanna. Happy so far!

23. Helloelloallo

Trusted Supporter

I guess it's not that weird, but I'm surprised there's no mention of casting Elayne for first season (or 2nd?) yet we're seeing Logaine in that still. It's weird since the 2 are introduced at roughly the same time. I mean it makes sense that the TV show will have to fill in back story in a different way, but that scene when Rand falls into the garden while watching Logain paraded to his gentling is one of my favorites from the book.

24. Garrett

It honestly makes me wonder if they're skipping Caemlyn all together. Like going from Shadar Logoth straight to the Blight. Elaida, Elayne, Gawyn, Galad, Morgase, Gareth... none have been cast yet. Just not sure where that leaves the introduction of Loial, who is cast.

25. GBlades

Trusted

Surprised we haven't seen some Loial news at all really. We even got Trolloc leaks but absolutely nothing for Loial.