Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The "What the hell is wrong with you" Thread • Page 5

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by KimmyGibbler, Apr 3, 2016.

1. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

You should definitely sue J.K. Rowling

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  2. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

ocd and anxiety

3. h8bit

@ghastlyfeline Prestigious

I have been suffering from TMJD for the better part of two years and holy fuck does it suck. No known cure and surgery has the possibility of making it much worse. The only thing that's helped so far is acupuncture but it's only a temporary relief and i'd need to do it every week in order to seriously begin to curb the constant dull pain.

aside from that, just general anxiety and junk

4. permanentann

we'll kick it when I hit the ground

Asthma. It wasn't so bad when I was physically active and playing sports, but now I laugh too hard and have to use my inhaler.

I also used to be pigeon-toed but forcibly corrected it because I got self-conscious. Pretty sure doing so fucked up my feet and knees. Oh, and I have a slight lisp. And pretty sure some social anxiety, but nothing diagnosed. Oh yeah, and slight scoliosis. Wow, I keep thinking of things, amazing

5. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Me too! Mine used to be WAY worse than it is now tho. I think I've just learned little things that don't aggravate it so much. At first it'd lock open nearly every time I opened my mouth all the way. So every time I yawned was terrifying lol. I was always afraid of it happening in class. Then when I got my braces off it locked shut, which was way worse. I could barely open it to eat and my jaw opened at a weird angle and the popping and pain ugh. I still can't open it all the way properly. Sorry you deal with that. It's honestly so frustrating. There's a ton of stuff I don't eat now cause it all makes it worse.

h8bit likes this.
  6. mgiannotti

edge mike Supporter

Just had to record myself for an assignment where I had to make a podcast, and I hate my lisp. It's a subtle lisp, but I hate it nonetheless. Also, my left eyebrow is very slightly higher than my other one and I hate it.

7. kpatrickwood

Give what you can.

I can't cross my legs and sit down so I always felt like an idiot when I was a kid and had to sit on the reading carpet at school.

Also I've got resting bitch face pretty hardcore.

8. nl5011

Trusted Supporter

I'm peeling my week old sunburn in large sheets right now. Biggest piece gets stashed between the pages of a book like a prom dates corsage

collin512 likes this.
  9. Whatjuliansaid

News on once the clouds are gone. Prestigious

I grew up eating weird sandwiches like cream cheese and cheese and cream cheese and peanut butter. I also used to put cream cheese on my Pokemon pop tarts. No one told me it was wrong... I had some bad stomach pains because of those choices.

Of course in 8th grade I find out I'm lactose intolerant hahaha it's okay though, I've long accepted it

10. iam1bearcat

i'm writing a book, leave me alone.

During the entire calendar year of ninth grade I ate almost nothing but Apple Jacks cereal for every meal. I somehow became the "cool kid" for eating cereal during lunch. It was also likely the reason I was about 100 pounds in high school. I probably was in the bathroom 95% of the day with eating at least three bowls of cereal a day.

I'm 28 now and was finally able to eat Apple Jacks again last year for the first time since then.

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  11. A lot is wrong with me, but, the main thing is I don't appreciate my girlfriend as much as I use to. I'm not sure why, I pick fights for no reason lately, I've just had a shitty attitude towards everything lately. It's weird and it sucks that I'm like this.

12. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

How long have you guys been dating? I started to become really cynical and not appreciate my ex as much after dating her for like 3-4 years. It just kind of became "routine" and not something either of us wanted. I wish we had ended things sooner...

13. We've been together for just about 3 years.

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  14. nl5011

Trusted Supporter

I always play primus at bars and restaurants with digital jukeboxes.

Jerry was a race car driver.

People love it.

KimmyGibbler likes this.
  15. rebecca

Regular

Fibromyalgia, Celiac Disease, soy allergy, IBS, acne, bipolar disorder, social anxiety, PTSD.
    Lots of little things but those are the big ones. None of them are fun to deal with but it could be worse I guess, and I have pretty mild versions of them all besides the soy allergy and Celiac Disease.

16. iam1bearcat

In a previous life I handled the disability benefit of a large company and one guy had Celiac disease. He was out of work for like ten straight months because of complications with the disease. I talked to his mom regularly and she would tell me all the stuff he no longer could eat, all the changes to furniture, detergent, utensils. Sounded insane. I would never be able to deal with something that significant. Hopefully yours is not nearly so bad.

17. rebecca

Regular

Wow, that sounds horrible. I have it worse than some people I know, but I can't even imagine having it that bad.

18. omgrawr

That loneliness is not a function of solitude.

I've had wicked heartburn since I was 16. It's been so bad I thought I was having a heart attack a few times. I've had to pull over while driving because of it. I take a daily medicine called Omeprazole for it now that usually keeps it at bay, but when it does happen to get through it is PISSED. Anyone else get heartburn and what do you take for it if so?

19. iam1bearcat

I've had moments like this. Was rushed to the ER by friends and gf and everything. What a scene. My issue isn't necessarily heartburn, it's acid reflux and a weird esophagus problem that makes the reflux much, much worse.

Are you sure it's just heartburn? Could be numerous other things as well so hopefully your docs have checked.

20. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

I've got bronchitis which has knocked me on my ass this weekend. Having to use an inhaler and not being able to breathe deeply without hacking uncontrollably or walk up and down my apartment stairs has given me new appreciation for people with asthma.

21. Malatesta

i may get better but we won't ever get well Prestigious

i'm honestly trying to think of dumbass stuff i do. i can't imagine i don't do it but i'm such an awkward, calculating person who does like 50x more research about basic things than i need to that i'm usually hyper prepared

eg: the best i can think of right now is that i didn't prepare my potatoes properly for lunch at work the night before so they turned gross and black. that was a moment where i felt very stupid

22. JulieLynn

Karma is the Guy On The Chiefs Prestigious

I can't watch when I have blood taken or an IV put in. The sight of my own blood makes me want to pass out.

23. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

I feel very empty a lot. Like I'm hollow or unfulfilled.

24. ReginaPhilange Apr 11, 2016
    (Last edited: Apr 11, 2016)
    ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

I smoke cigarettes. This is weird but I think I started doing it regularly as a kind of control thing. Kind of like a "fuck people telling me what to do I'm gonna make this my own" type thing. I only realized this in retrospect and I realize it wasn't a healthy or personally productive decision.

Just to add, it wasn't a decision made out of some teenage angst against my parents or anything. I was in college and I just felt like my path had been set in stone and I was 100% expected to follow it without deviation and it was some tiny way for me lash out against life in general.

I've struggled with depression for what feels like my whole life, even though I know it hasn't been -- it's just exhausting. It generally plays some part in my poor decision making, but I alone am responsible for them. ps. I edit my posts too much.