Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The "What the hell is wrong with you" Thread • Page 4

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by KimmyGibbler, Apr 3, 2016.

1. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

Always wash your hands when you get home from a public place!

BP's advice of the day

lightning13 likes this.
  2. Blake Solomon

Mr. Emeritus Prestigious

i like to think taking public transportation in nyc has helped strengthen my immune system, but i have no idea if that's a thing or not.

h8bit likes this.
  3. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

My mom taught me that. So first thing I'd do when getting home from school was wash my hands - and I'd see all the grayness from pencils. So she's not wrong. :crylaugh: Still do that to do this day when I come from anywhere.

4. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

Yes my mom did too. I don't consider myself a germophobe but that's one thing I HAVE to do haha

5. airik625 Apr 5, 2016
    (Last edited: Apr 5, 2016)
    airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

My brother slammed a huge heavy wooden door on my finger when I was 9 on accident. We were playing hide and go seek and I found him and chased him through the garage door, at which point he slammed the door on my finger. So close to half my index finger is missing. What sucked the most is it took 15-20 mins before I could even go to the hospital bc we were at a friends house and no parents were home. Me, standing there holding what's left of my finger while blood spews everywhere is a sight I will never be able to forget.

Oh yeah, I also had back surgery at 21. Inherited terrible genes from my dad. Thanks! Anyhow, in expecting to have at least one or two more before it's all said and done with.

6. White

Cum for the Cum God. Prestigious

Oh hey I remembered the one flaw I have: acid reflux.

But I didn't know I had acid reflux until I was like 18 because, at least with me, acid reflux feels a lot like an intense hunger pang, so for the first 18 years of my life I just thought I was really hungry a lot.

7. Borat 2: Vengeance

The Pitbull of Chorus.fm Prestigious

I have Tourette's, or at this point, just a tic.

8. iam1bearcat

i'm writing a book, leave me alone.

I was with my cousin when she had her hand slammed in the van as we were all piling in to leave wherever we were. I will never forget the sound of impact and the screams that she made. I think I was ten at the time.

Oddly enough, I've never liked the sound of sliding van doors and now I like them even less / cringe when I hear them.

airik625 likes this.
  9. muttley

"Fuck you, Peaches!" Prestigious

I've tried to start walking with my feet straight but I think my arches have something to do with it too. I stood up one day and my knee started hurting like crazy, like I twisted as I got up. That pain went away after a few minutes. I'm always afraid something is going to tear though haha. I'd like to know how surgery would limit you in the long run, no pun intended.

10. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

Just had one of these happen in my left eye. I never looked into whether it's a big deal or not. Have you?

11. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

I haven't researched surgery at all, but I'd like to avoid it at all costs. My instinct says that doing everything possible to repair the injury through exercise/diet is probably the better long term option. Obviously, sometimes that's not enough and you have to have surgery.

muttley likes this.
  12. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

I broke both of my ankles attempting to do a backflip while I was drunk. I had to use a wheelchair for a long time.

airik625 and St. Nate like this.
  13. Snewt

Does whatever a spider can. Prestigious

Sometimes I eat too much pizza and my tummy hurts. I also have crazy allergies this time of year in the dirty dirty South. My head is a ball of snot, basically.

AelNire and airik625 like this.
  14. Snewt

Does whatever a spider can. Prestigious

Video or it didn't happen >-p

But for real that sounds like a huge pain in the ass. I fractured my wrist trying to kill a cockroach, but having to wear a cast is nothing compared to breaking ankles.

15. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

You have no idea. It gave me a whole new outlook on how people are inconsiderate when it comes to people in wheelchairs.

16. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

Could you still do a back flip?

17. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

I completed the back flip but I couldn't be excited about it since I was in excruciating pain. I'm still not 100% on how I managed to break them.

18. Blake Solomon

Mr. Emeritus Prestigious

i saw an optometrist about it. it's typically not a big deal, no. i've had them for a couple of years now. they don't go away, but you get used to them. if it gets very bad, like really obscuring your vision quickly, it could be sign of a detached retina, but otherwise it's just something you sort of live with. there is a surgery but it's riskier than the ailment.

bigmike likes this.
  19. monokit

master average

I stay up late drinking coffee putting off my studies cause I'd rather be doing anything else lol

20. Threads

Regular Prestigious

I have really weird/unexpected emotional outbursts sometimes. Like maybe that isn't good wording for what I'm talking about but I don't know how else to put it.

I just bottle things up constantly and the most random thing can set me off I guess. Like recently at 3 or 4 am while unable to sleep the starting instrumental Nelly Furtado's I'm Like a Bird made me start crying. It wasn't really a temporary eye watery thing either.

Like it definitely isn't very noteworthy to have moments like that I'm sure but just this particular cause/context was so out there? Definitely a "what the hell is wrong with you" moment haha.

21. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Diagnosed with Crohn's Disease a year ago.

22. NotBruce

Regular

I did this too. The packaging is almost exactly the same as the regular 2%. Fun fact: I prononcued it "Lucerene" as a kid (loo-cer-een), and because I never really said it out loud as an adult, I just assumed that's what it was. My girlfriend called it by name, and it totally rocked my world. What a life.

The god damn bane of my existence. I get from so many things, it's insane. Sometimes coffee, anything with a fair amount of sodium, all things spicy... It's intense, and it burns for a good couple of hours.

23. iam1bearcat

i'm writing a book, leave me alone.

I was up until 3 am the other night due to acid reflux. Took the medication I have for it probably four times and it seemed to do nothing (was probably too bad by then) so I sat up in bed reading since laying down makes it worse, when I really just wanted to sleep. I don't care if it becomes an issue during the day because I'm upright, but at night when I'm trying to sleep... then I got an issue with it.

24. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

As someone who was recently diagnosed with having sever anxiety, I really feel for you. It's tearing my relationship apart. Sometimes I wish i hadn't gone and put a label on it. Sounds like you're made of strong stuff, hang in there!

25. Blake Solomon

Mr. Emeritus Prestigious

i have a hiatal hernia, which is one in the upper stomach. they can create indegestion like that. they usually aren't operated on, but it may be worth talking to a dr about.