Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The "What the hell is wrong with you" Thread • Page 3

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by KimmyGibbler, Apr 3, 2016.

1. Orla

little old lady Prestigious

I've got some kind ailment of ailment since 2013 that causes constant, random muscle twitches throughout my body. Been to several hospitals for more tests than I can count at this point & the cause is still a mystery. Then there's seasonal allergies that can be pretty obnoxious.

As far as mental stuff goes, I've been diagnosed with OCD and, earlier this year, borderline personality disorder.

2. elphshelf

100% made of farts Supporter

I have had increasingly bad anxiety, paranoia, and depression since I graduated from college. Also occasional panic attacks. Right now I'm a bit of a mess.

Physically, I have minor scoliosis, as well as loose joints (I've dislocated both knees, both thumbs, and almost my shoulders).

3. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I got an ulcer in my eye a few years ago from wearing my contacts too long and now I have a little scar on my eye that looks like a freckle. If it had been like a millimeter lower I'd be blinded in that eye, but I'm not!

When I was a kid me and my sis were jumping on the bed and I fell on my face and got two dead front teeth. They wanted me to lose them naturally so I just had two yellow front teeth as a child. I wasn't cute.

I am 90% sure I'm allergic to chocolate but I eat it sometimes anyway

oh and I have jaw issues. Sometimes it locks open, sometimes it locks shut. I've stopped chewing gum and eating things like corn on the cob so it's better now

4. adrian

high and lows, they go something like this... Supporter

I broke my leg freshman year of college on a trampoline. I was trying to show my girlfriend a front flip, ended up landing on the padding, leg did something weird and heard two pops. Didn't hurt, just burned. At the time I had never broken anything so I didn't know what to expect. Eventually I stood up, put weight on the leg, then it just buckled. Tore a ligament. Worst pain in my life. Straight to the ER, had a couple surgeries, cast, boot, therapy, couldn't run for close to a year. Now I have a couple awesome scars and a huge plate with 17 screws in my leg.

Also social anxiety.

5. stuckinvhs

Social Justice Wizard Prestigious

Recovering addict here gone straight edge.

6. KimmyGibbler

Everywhere you look... Prestigious

I am allergic to anti-perspirant, I have to use just deodorant only.

Not really a problem, but a weird thing, I do all of my pooping in the morning. I pretty much don't poop after 1pm.

angrycandy likes this.
  7. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I poop like six times a day. Gives me a lot of reading time.

bigmike, iam1bearcat and NotBruce like this.
  8. muttley

"Fuck you, Peaches!" Prestigious

My knees are fucked. I spent a good portion of my life walking with my feet slightly outward and now the damage is done. Not sure if it's reversible without surgery at this point. I also have terrible posture. Those two have probably sealed my fate for some serious back issues later in life. I've already had the same discomfort (borderline pain) in my lumbar/left hip for the last couple years. I'll have to go see a podiatrist when I can afford it to see if I can start fixing the problem from the bottom up.

My jaw is also fucked. It pops anytime I chew or open my mouth wide. Vision's getting blurry for farsighted objects; got my first pair of glasses this year. I don't hear very well and I always have to ask people to repeat themselves. I'm convinced I'm actually 70 years-old and my entire life has been a lie.

9. Nyquist

I must now go to the source Supporter

I have double jointed thumbs. Thought it was really cool to show all my friends when I was a kid because "ew gross that's awesome". As an adult it has become less awesome because, after years of doing it, the bones in my thumbs sometimes click and leaves my hands feeling sore. Sometimes I have this irrational fear my thumbs will get stuck and other times I think I am headed for arthritis. Ew gross that's awesome.

10. futures

I have ITP (I was diagnosed the same week as Jonathan Davis of Korn. His was acute while mine is chronic) and have been in remission for 10 years next month. A full splenectomy is what pushed me into remission after 6 months of failed attempts of finding a "cure." Spleen jokes aren't cool. :crylaugh:

More recently I was diagnosed with Hashimoto's Thyroiditis. Most of my doctors think Hashi's occured because ITP occured all those years ago. Still no clue to this day why ITP occured.

Due to Hashimoto's, I've got a very strict diet. No gluten, soy, caffeine, alcohol, or goitrogens. My endocrinologist says I should be off yeast and dairy, too, but it's super difficult.

11. NotBruce

Regular

Tried to tackle a couch when I was 5, ended up with stitches on my eyebrow. Ran into a lit charcoal barbecue when I was in diapers and had a burn scar on my thigh for a while.

I was also homeschooled my entire life, which could explain a lot.

12. Tyler

Regular Supporter

Homeschool kids really are a different breed.

bigmike likes this.
  13. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

I feel your pain, man. I've always walked with my feet pointed outward, so that's the first thing. Then almost 15 years ago, I tore ligaments in both of my knees (a year apart) - They never healed properly and ever since I've worried that eventually I'll need surgery or won't be able to move.

muttley likes this.
  14. iam1bearcat

i'm writing a book, leave me alone.

In third grade I broke my middle finger and couldn't participate in typing class. Due to that (I think), I only type with my index fingers. However I type as fast, if not faster, that most. If you hear me type without seeing my hands, it sounds just like I'm using all fingers.

15. NotBruce

Regular

You aren't wrong. I adjusted fine, luckily. Everyone I tell now that I was homeschooled are typically surprised, cause I don't fit into the mold of an a-typical homeschool goober.

16. Blake Solomon

Mr. Emeritus Prestigious

i have a weird eye thing too, Eye Floaters. They are these little black spindly weird spot thingys. I see them mostly against white backgrounds or blue sky. when I first got them i def thought i had a detached retina or some weird brain cancer. but now im just kind of used to them. it does make reading books a little annoying though.

bigmike and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  17. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

I thought the same thing when I first got visual snow. I thought I had cancer for sure.

18. iam1bearcat

i'm writing a book, leave me alone.

I had a really good friend in elementary school who was homeschooled for middle and high school. She knew years in advance that she would be homeschooled and looking back I wonder if it was good or bad that she had that early experience in public school. To be removed from all your friends after five years and replaced with... Nothing... Seems sad and cruel.

Her mom was crazy so she probably didn't care.

NotBruce likes this.
  19. Blake Solomon

Mr. Emeritus Prestigious

im a pretty big hypochondriac/self-diagnoser. ive finally got to a place where i have a physician in the city that i feel comfortable with.

that being said, i had a hernia a couple years ago and ive been having similar pains recently, so im worried that i have another one now. i have my annual check up in 2 weeks so i guess i'll find out then. hernias aren't terribly painful, but the surgery sucks. can't lift anything over 15 pounds for like 6 weeks.

20. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

I recently bought lactose free milk by accident and it was so tasty I kind of want to keep buying it. Company name is Lucerne I think.

Kiana likes this.
  21. LionInMyPocket

I was born in a swamp, born with no clothes on

Damn I had a similar issue when I was younger, it was the hot new procedure to put tubes in your ears and my Grandfather, being a chief doctor told my mom it was a fad and was unsafe and not to let anyone do this to me. He said, "Kids get ear infections, just deal with it until he grows up..." Guess I got lucky. I'm 29 just curious how long this "fad" affected kids.

22. Kiana

I've done this with the same brand lol. It was good tho!

23. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

It's sweeter than regular milk. Like having a bonus treat in a glass lol

24. Kiana

It also expires later! My milk always expires before I can finish it so that was another bonus for me!

BirdPerson likes this.
  25. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

same. and i've become quite the germophobe as well. i feel gross when people don't wash their hands. or when they come into work/school with a contagious illness (flu etc). i find it really inconsiderate and selfish. i've caught the flu from people who have done that, and the second time it happened i had to be in bed for 3 days. which is why it bothers me.:cringe: