Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The "What the hell is wrong with you" Thread • Page 2

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by KimmyGibbler, Apr 3, 2016.

1. ryan.conde

Who is Ryan? Prestigious

I'm left-handed

Nick, Jake W and Essie like this.
  2. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

I do have them, I don't wear them all the time though because I normally can hear without them. If I go to a quiet place, I tend to wear them so I can hear at a lower volume.

3. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

i am perfect.

JulieLynn, NotBruce, Nick and 4 others like this.
  4. Nyquist Apr 3, 2016
    (Last edited: Apr 3, 2016)
    Nyquist

I must now go to the source Supporter

Yep. I remember them telling me something like that and then basically shrugging like "I don't know try relaxing or whatever" and then sent me out the door. The first time was the most embarrassing thing ever. I woke up on the floor of a classroom with all of my clothes stripped off me save for my underwear (they were worried about blood circulation for anyone who may be wondering). The adults in charge of the drama kids were in the hall calling the paramedics while a female classmate of mine had her fingers pulling the wasteband of my boxers away from my stomach as she looked away. I remember her telling me not to worry. She said she hadn't looked and was planning on "going to school for this". Then I was carried away on a stretcher in my boxers and if I wasn't dying I remember wishing I was. Then, yeah it kept happening and the doctors were like "eh I dunno".

5. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

I have MS.

6. DeeZee

If Young Metro Don't Trust You... Prestigious

Mostly social anxiety and depression. Sometimes I just want to stay inside forever.

7. chris

Trusted Supporter

In 2012 I got Bell's Palsey (total paralysis of half of my face, the left side in my case). Idk how I got it, my best guess is due to an ear infection that I thought went away and so I didn't take the full order of antibiotics (dumb) and it came back worse and the inflammation spread.

It lasted about a month and a half and was hell. I looked ridiculous when I laughed or smiled or talked and so I basically avoided going out of the house unless I had to because I was so self conscious. Also I had to shut my left eye with my hand every so often or it would dry out.

After some pretty crazy antibiotics and some steroids, physical therapy, massages, a few ultrasounds, and shocking that side of my face with basically a AA battery (to prevent atrophy) it eventually went away. You can't tell anymore, but that side of my face definitely feels a bit weaker (some people aren't as lucky).

I realize this isn't the worst case on here but boy was it terrifying at the time. It felt like my body totally turned against me.

8. Slangster

Won "Best Hog" at the Hog Shit Snarfing Contest Supporter

I'm allergic to peanuts/peanut butter. Which on it's own really isn't that bad, it's fairly easy to avoid eating them if you read food labels and stuff. But I also have pretty high anxiety and there was a stretch in high school where I'd get panic attacks if I (irrationally) thought there was a chance a peanut somehow got into my system.

9. KimmyGibbler

Everywhere you look... Prestigious

I'm really sorry to hear that, I have friend with MS.

angrycandy likes this.
  10. angrycandy

Thanks. I'm okay though. I'm on the best medication for it so I almost never have any of the symptoms, but I've had almost all of them.

11. Sophos

Regular

i get sleep paralysis pretty often

12. Horrible flying anxiety/fear of flying.

13. mad

I was right. Prestigious

I haven't had one in a while but there was a two year period where I had constant night terrors. I was tired all the time cause I never got a proper sleep. They're much less frequent now thank god.

One of my best friends is like this too. Apparently last time she got blood taken she passed out, had a seizure, and stayed out for about ten minutes. Doctors don't know what causes it.

14. Jakobindeed

My Whole Life is Thunder Prestigious

I have a crazy anxiety disorder that for a long time caused me to believe that we were under constant threat of nuclear attack and I ended up locking myself in my apartment for about 6 weeks and not leaving. I'm also allergic to pistachios.

15. angrycandy

I'm allergic to ants

What a world

16. J.C. Apr 4, 2016
    (Last edited: Apr 4, 2016)
    J.C.

adorkable Prestigious

i have a scar across my stomach from surgery when i was a few months old.

i have a scar on my cheek from playing hide and seek when i was five or so. i went to hide under my parents' bed and got my cheek caught on a loose bedspring. lotta stitches. it's kinda noticeable when i smile.

i have another scar across the upper part of my nose from when my sister and i were fighting over last can of spaghettios. she winged it at me from across the room, knocked me out cold. there's a rough outline of the lid, dunno if it's super noticeable unless you're looking for it. rearranged some cartilage tho.

i had tubes in my ear as a child and i have very sensitive hearing. there was a really bad thunderstorm my first week of kindergarten and i ran out of classroom crying and screaming down the halls before i was corralled by some teachers.

my right knee is p junked up. i had to wear a brace after i hurt it when i was younger, but it's still slightly crooked. if i dont pay attention to where i'm walking i start to veer off. it's cuz of that i grew up with immense fear of field sobriety tests.

i have some level of adhd, but it went undealt with growing up. i was diagnosed with some symptoms early, but attention deficit issues weren't as well understood in the 80s and my mom thought it was basically mental retardation. she got offended by it and so we found a new doctor.

i'm lactose intolerant.

17. MrCon

I was trying to describe myself to someone

I don't know if you've tried anything for that? I read a book called Fly Without Fear (Keith Godfrey & Alison Smith) and it helped a ridiculous amount. Bear in mind I was basically in a panic for 9 hours when I flew to Florida in 2011 and now I can remain fairly calm. Might be worth a go. :)

Why Bother? likes this.
  18. Tyler

Regular Supporter

I'm allergic to grass and live 40 miles south of the grass seed capital of the world. Life is cruel.

muttley likes this.
  19. Thank you! I might just buy it right now. I've been meaning to get therapy but the sessions available where I live are after the day I'm flying out.

I get anxious and depressed the night before I fly out all throughout the moment the pilot announce we're approaching destination. It's such a pain to deal with.

MrCon likes this.
  20. MrCon

I was trying to describe myself to someone

I hope it at least takes the edge off!

21. [​IMG]

NotBruce and ryan.conde like this.
  22. White

Cum for the Cum God. Prestigious

Nothing.

Which makes me feel really excluded by threads like this.

the pain of not having enough pain

23. StormAndTheSun

insects come to life Supporter

This one time, I was in the bathroom reading but the TV was too loud and I couldn't concentrate. I stuck toilet paper in my ear to block it out but then I couldnt get it out again. Had to go to the doctor to get it flushed out.

So basically, Im dumb.

angrycandy, alina and DontTellMom like this.
  24. Firefly

emotional motion sickness

I have Ulcerative Colitis, though currently I'm in remission.

25. Dominick

Prestigious Prestigious

I hate....so much.

NotBruce, Jason Tate and ryan.conde like this.