Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Weeknd - Starboy (November 25, 2016) Album • Page 5

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by beachdude, Sep 21, 2016.

1. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

what about when an album you've been anticipating comes out? and it's really good? i usually listen to a new album that i'm into 15-20 times per week for the first couple weeks it's out.

2. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

i'll listen to the same song upwards of 5-10 times in a day

3. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Like, if Brand New released a new album (been anticipating it for a LONG time), I would listen ASAP, probably the next day, then every so often on a consistent basis?

I would hate the song if I did that, honestly any song that many times in one day would wear me down

4. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

you're an odd duck, steve.

5. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

don't you ever get into an album so much that you just keep that shit on repeat for like a week? man.

6. Owlex

free snewt Prestigious

Not a huge Weeknd person but yeah i'd say ive listened to this 5-10 times already.

7. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

I've listened to Starboy 33 times so far

8. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

i listened to over 350 albums last year. its not like once the clock struck 2016 i had to stop listening to all 2015 albums forever. i have the rest of my life to spend time with whatever art i want to, im not beholden by what year it is. i just like exploring as much new music as i can.

9. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

I feel you. I'm at 136 right now and it's almost a bit much. On the contrary, I hate missing out on things so I just listen to everything I'm interested in at least once.

10. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I've listened to a little over 150 new albums from 2016 this year, and almost another 150 from other years.

That being said, I listen to constant music about 6 hours every day at work, 2 more in the car every day, and then 1-2 at home depending.... so I have a lot more time than most people

11. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

I've listened to 100 albums from 2016 so far this year and I think I'll probably get to about 130 by the end of the year. I've never listened to so much music before. I understand the argument that you can't devote as much time to each album like you could if you listened to only 30 albums per year, but at the same time, it's great to discover so many new artists/albums you love. I'll probably have a bit of a break next year to digest all the albums I've listened to this year and to take my time digging into some of the discographies of the new artists I've discovered. And then when 2018 rolls around, I'll be ready to listen to 130 new albums/artists again lol

12. Contender

Goodness is Nowhere Supporter

According to iTunes', I've listened to Pianos "Say Anything" over 750 times which seems like a lot but is probably right.

Heard Starboy on the radio, and was vibing yesterday. This album is going to be huge for him.

13. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Listening to Apple Music's "The Weeknd Guest List" playlist is making me remember again why I still think Abel is so damn talented. He can go on such a broad range of tracks and fit them all perfectly, while still keeping his own style and identity. I'm always really impressed by his ability to do that.

Letterbomb31 likes this.
  14. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

this is legit insane.

ChiliTacos likes this.
  15. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

You mean Say Nothing?

16. polyfilla

who can never be sure

I've easily listened to starboy at least 30 times already - my entire morning commute was spent listening to this song yesterday

this song GOES OFF

beachdude42 and enlliac like this.
  17. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

enlliac and beachdude42 like this.
  18. beachdude

Letterbomb31 likes this.
  19. beachdude

My favorite BigQuint moment has gotta be in the Blonde reaction video where he says "I'm gonna need to listen to this again"... and then it suddenly cuts to: "It's been 4 fucking days y'all". I lost it there lmao

Letterbomb31 likes this.
  20. polyfilla

who can never be sure

Letterbomb31 likes this.
  21. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

Song is fine, I'm catching up
    Correct

genuinely unbelievable to put kiss land above anything IMO

Thank god
    It's normal
    Terrible, hack lyric
    Wtf is this

irthesteve and ChiliTacos like this.
  22. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

I can't remember which video it is, but there's one where he drops a bowl of cereal on himself as he's talking. It's hilarious, lol.

How so?

beachdude42 likes this.
  23. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

it's a truly horrific release that lost everything that made him so compelling up until then

24. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

What exactly is it that you think he lost? Genuinely curious.

25. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

it just sounds like a parody of everything he did well on the tapes