Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Weeknd - My Dear Melancholy (Mar 30) Album • Page 6

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by dallasc, Mar 29, 2018.

1. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

As someone who liked about half of the last two albums, this 6 song collection is the perfect little burst of music from him. Really digging this EP

2. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

Feel exactly the same - but it was less than half for me on the last outing

3. irthesteve

Going just by memory, I can count 6 that I dig, so yeah I think I agree with you actually

4. henryviolence

I'm cool with all the poppy bullshit if he drops projects like this in between album cycles. This is 100% his best material since the OG days.

beachdude42 likes this.
  5. irthesteve

Honestly, the poppier songs were the best on Starboy.... Starboy, Lonely Night, Die For You, Feel It Coming.................

but this stuff is great too, I'm happy with a nice mix

6. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I've loved everything he's done but this is fucking incredible, holy shit. Absolute perfect mixing of his old and new style. I actually can't believe how good it is

I really hope there's more to this project because a full album of this sound would be spectacular

beachdude42 likes this.
  7. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

House of Balloons and Echoes of Silence are two of my favourite albums ever, so this project is a real treat for me. Love it

beachdude42 likes this.
  8. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

GOD this is so, so good

GrantCloud likes this.
  9. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Yup, this is great.

beachdude42 likes this.
  10. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Super good

GrantCloud and beachdude42 like this.
  11. Michael

Regular Bitch

Eh.

I guess I'm in the minority who prefers a more poppier Weeknd.

dotKev and Contender like this.
  12. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

listened to this last night while i was high as fuck, and again this morning while sober. it was amazing both times.

13. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

I can't tell if this is much better than his other stuff or if I just really enjoy him in small spurts.

14. Surfwax

bring on the major leagues Supporter

On first listen I really like this but wouldn't call it my favorite Weeknd release, which is funny because it pretty much takes the best aspects of both eras of his songwriting and combines them seamlessly. Could see this growing on me a real lot.

15. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

Seriously fam, hurt you has me SHOOK

beachdude42 likes this.
  16. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

that last minute of try me? where you just hear his voice auto tuned/robotic just singing is beautiful.

It reminds me of when kanye did it in a song that I can't seem to remember the name.

GrantCloud and beachdude42 like this.
  17. irthesteve

beachdude42 likes this.
  18. zmtr

Trusted

I've never liked any of his stuff I've heard on the radio/tv whatever. This is really REALLY good though. Is this what his older stuff sounds like?

19. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

This is by far his best thing since Trilogy!

20. irthesteve

21. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Definitely try to listen to the early versions of Trilogy on YT, or download the mixtapes if you can...his older stuff is sparse/dark R&B. Pretty close to essential modern day listening

beachdude42, Bane and Larry David like this.
  22. polyfilla

who can never be sure

yeah, this is awesome. early faves are call out my name, try me, and privilege

23. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

His website says there will be a physical component released April 13th. Looked into it and it’s a CD, and before anyone hypes themselves- the tracklist is the same 6 songs already out

24. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

The Weeknd bringing back a new era of not actually throwing a million songs on your record.

25. Signifire

Headphones blaring three stacks Prestigious

This is really good and I’ve never really messed with him outside of a few tracks. Although I’ve only listened to HoB like once when it first came out, and none of the rest of trilogy, so I guess I should get on that.

beachdude42 likes this.