Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Weeknd Has First Song to Spend Year in Billboard Top 10

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Mar 10, 2021.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Billboard:

The Weeknd’s former leader “Blinding Lights,” at No. 3, becomes the first song in the Hot 100’s history to spend a year in the top 10, as it logs its 52nd week in the region.

more

Not all embedded content is displayed here. You can view the original to see embedded videos, tweets, etc.

2. CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

I'm actually surprised that's never happened before. I don't know if that's impressive or if it shows that it was just a pretty lackluster year for music in general. maybe some of both.

3. This is probably my favorite song The Weeknd's ever done, so that's rad.

heymattrick and beachdude like this.
  4. and wasn't nominated for a grammy lol

5. The mind boggles, haha.

6. heymattrick

Sending my love

Blinding Lights is seriously *that* song. It’s such a perfect pop song.

overduecollect likes this.
  7. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

Are you fucking serious? That’s laughable :crylaugh: all these famous stars need to stop even showing up to these events so the grammys lose all relevancy

8. schackbr

Regular

really great tune. but how much of this has to do with the lack of new music during the pandemic?

9. heymattrick

Sending my love

Do you really feel like there has been a lack of new music during the pandemic? I feel like initially there were a bunch of delayed records last spring when COVID started, but by summer/fall, it seems like there was a massive output of new music.

10. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

People say there's been a lack of music because of the pandemic but...that really isn't true (if you're talking Billboard hits or just music in general), and I also feel that downplays how good and well received Blinding Lights actually is. Maybe it's still in the top 10 a year later because it's a good song and there are no other circumstances influencing it staying there.

11. schackbr

Regular

i do for some reason. maybe it's just been a lack of music from artists i enjoy more.

12. schackbr

Regular

oh it's a great tune. i just feel like there's been less music, i could be very wrong obviously.

13. Peep Bandcamp Fridays, because I've been discovering new artists there who have been putting out a ton of music.