Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Weather • Page 5

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Dirty Sanchez, Jul 2, 2016.

1. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

It's a high of 75 but NINETY FIVE PERCENT HUMIDITY

I was going to do something today but being out for an hour this morning I almost drowned from the air

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  2. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

upload_2017-9-16_12-29-40.png

Now that it's almost fall, Ohio is back to near end of summer weather. The past 4 weeks have been fall-ish, when it's usually hot. Stupid ass weather.

3. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

hey is the fact that we've had four hurricanes in less than like two months freaking anyone else out because like i think it might be too late to stop the global warning thing that a bunch of grown ass adults are still denying

angrycandy likes this.
  4. Wharf Rat

I mean, it's hurricane season

Ken likes this.
  5. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

I'm somewhere in the middle of your opinions

6. Wharf Rat

Global warming is a major problem obviously and it will likely kill us all but it didn't create these storms at all, it probably made them marginally more powerful, but thats it as i understand it

Ken likes this.
  7. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

pretty much yeah

Ken likes this.
  8. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

Yeah it's hurricane season but I'm p sure hurricanes that are consistently category 4+ in quick succession qualifies as unusual? I connect it to global warming specifically bc I remember reading that every degree that the temperature of the earth rises correlates with heavier rainfall. I got a similar conclusion to you but I'm more freaked about it I guess bc it doesn't typically affect where I am (northern Georgia) and did for the last one (not a lot, but definitely not nothing)

9. Wharf Rat

I'm not an expert but I don't think its unheard of. Unusual, sure, but the weather is unpredictable and weird a lot. It does correlate with heavier rainfall, but not in the amount that would significantly impact the power of a hurricane - I'm pretty sure that would require absurd levels of warming. The gulf of mexico is a really really warm body of water anyway.

10. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Scientists have already said with every increase in 1 degree C, that these storms will be more powerful.

Ken likes this.
  11. Wharf Rat

Sure, but by how much?

12. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

13. Wharf Rat

14. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

idk that doesn't sound like nothing when they're category four and above and already super destructive, but if the strength and frequency are not conclusively related to the recent worsening then i suppose it's coincidental but im still worried about it

15. Wharf Rat

There were like 8 cat 3+ in 2005

Whatjuliansaid and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  16. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

There's a winter storm warning. Supposed to snow another 3-6 inches. It's also like ten degrees.

17. Richter915

Trusted Prestigious

Nice

18. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

It’s gonna be single digit highs for the foreseeable future. The tundra is back.

19. Kiana

We didn't have a bad winter at all. Not like last year where the snow lasted for like months and we had to extend the school year. But today is like the first sunny day in a while and everyone is being so extra lol. The guy at the mechanic spent the whole time exclaiming to coworkers how bummed he was he had to work with the sun out and making weird suicidal comments cause of it and then the gas station attendant was hugging a column to absorb the sun. It's an odd day so far.

20. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Yeah it’s been 70 here for almost a month lol

21. Richter915

Trusted Prestigious

We alternate freezing and mild temps daily. Western pa sucks

22. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

Mid 50s this week. Gonna have to turn on the air.

angrycandy likes this.
  23. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

You maniac

24. Kiana

It's pouring rain and I love the rain so I was like woooooo and then it started thundering and lightning and that's where I draw the LINE. I know some ppl love storms but I always get freaked that the power will go out :-/

25. Collin Skeen

Regular

It's supposed to be SUNNY and 70 today :) What a good feeling.