Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Weather • Page 3

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Dirty Sanchez, Jul 2, 2016.

1. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

It is now raining

2. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Send some of that rain to Cali please

3. muttley

"Fuck you, Peaches!" Prestigious

Theyre a solid point of reference, however they can drift pretty far from that point. Being in AZ, when they say it's going to rain, I get excited about cloud cover rather than rainfall. They fuck that one up all the time.

For the middle of August, it's been great out here the last couple weeks. Beautiful, dramatic skies for days and some measurable rainfall.

4. dadbolt

Prestigious Prestigious

69 degrees Farenheitt here nice

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  5. ChaseTx

Chilly

6. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

100 degrees here and no rain in sight

7. 1) Where is the poll option for "hell yes"? No, Hell No, and Yes as options definitely skew this poll as biased from the start.

2) I'm a meteorologist (by degree - I don't work in the industry but I keep up with it). And I can guarantee you that weather forecasts are very reliable. You know what isn't reliable? Public perception/understanding of weather forecasts.

3) Come at me.

Kiana likes this.
  8. dadbolt

Prestigious Prestigious

It's raining

ChaseTx likes this.
  9. dadbolt

Prestigious Prestigious

Update: it's raining harder

ChaseTx likes this.
  10. ChaseTx

Raindrops on the windshield, there's a storm moving in

dhayes likes this.
  11. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

it's that weird sepia of an early morning storm, but it's not actually raining

dhayes likes this.
  12. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

It's going to be 100 degrees for the foreseeable future and the driest heat. Ugh

13. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

I'm ready for cooler days. I love the heat, but the humidity here is just too much.

14. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Today at work I had that thing happen where you look 50 feet away and it's raining but it's not raining where you are standing. Pretty kewl.

Ken and dhayes like this.
  15. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

Update: huge storm coming in yusssss

Ken and dhayes like this.
  16. ChaseTx

It's pretty cool here

dhayes likes this.
  17. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

I guess I'm the only person who didn't know how bad the weather is going to be tomorrow. They've doubled staff at the hospital and schools have already shutdown.

18. Where are you located?

19. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

Southwest Georgia

20. Yeah, you could have a potentially exciting day tomorrow.

The storm will have weakened back down from a Hurricane to a Tropical Storm by the time its fully over your area, but its still going to be very windy (sustained 35-45mph, gusts 60+). Lucky for you, it looks like the heaviest rain will miss most of SE GA so you're lucky there.

Also, those wind speeds are manageable and shouldn't lead to much damage, at least not structural damage to buildings or houses. The biggest threat will be from trees and limbs coming down, but the lack of heavy rain should help mitigate that quite a bit. If the hospital sees an uptick in patients from anything, it will likely be from automobile accidents caused by the wind and rain. And its a good thing they closed schools, buses shouldn't be out in winds like that.

21. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

I won't lie we need the rain as far as crops and stuff go. There are tons of pine trees in my yard so my next door neighbor is letting me park under his carport so that will help.

People around here FREAK whenever any kind of precipitation is happening lol Fingers crossed for not too many patients tomorrow!

22. You'll still get plenty of rain, but you're more likely to just get 3-5" (which would be great for the crops in need) instead of the 8-10" that other areas are expected to see (which is too much for crops at once, causes flash flooding problems).

Awesome of your neighbor to let you park under his carport... shallow rooted pine trees in sandy soil are some of the worst to come down in storms like this.

Hopefully most people will just stay home tomorrow. Its the smartest and safest thing for them to do.

AelNire likes this.
  23. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

I'm in the red!!

Dirty Sanchez and DontTellMom like this.
  24. I'm in NC covered up by that stupid map legend.

25. ChaseTx

Only reason school is ever closed here is the roads being icy