Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The War on Drugs - A Deeper Understanding (August 25, 2017) Album • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by brandon_260, Apr 23, 2017.

1. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

"Knocked Down" is making me feel so much. Probably the first time his lyrics have made any sort of impression on me.

Also: Atlantic really let this band do what they wanted with this rollout, huh?

2. Aregala

Blistering Guitar Lead

lmao

Screen Shot 2017-08-23 at 10.48.26 AM.png

3. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

Even as a stream, this record sounds like heaven.

thebloodhound and Matt Chylak like this.
  4. tucah

not champ Prestigious

Knocked Down -> Nothing to Find -> Thinking of a Place is an unbelievable three song stretch.

thebloodhound likes this.
  5. tucah

not champ Prestigious

but also In Chains and also the whole record

snick and KidLightning like this.
  6. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Aregala likes this.
  7. zmtr

Trusted

knocked down is insane

8. Craig Manning

That's the most I've enjoyed a first listen of something this year, with the possible exception of Isbell. Another big step forward for him.

9. zmtr

Trusted

Clean Living is incredible. Whole thing is incredible. I knew it would be great but wow.

10. eagles1139

Regular

This is so great. I'm pumped to have a couple-hour drive on Saturday where I can play this front to back in the car because I know I'll love it even more then.

11. Jim

Trusted Supporter

sub

12. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

Revisiting Lost In The Dream for the first time in forever. What a fucking beast of an album. Absolutely cannot wait to listen to this on Friday.

jpmalone4 and Craig Manning like this.
  13. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

Can't wait to blast this on the highway with the windows down on Friday.

14. Craig Manning

Yeah, I spun my vinyl copy today after listening to this twice. I don't play that one as much as I should.

15. jpmalone4

Stay Lucky Supporter

Lost in the Dream never gets old for me, despite countless plays. I honestly think it's *the* stranded-on-a-desert-album.... although this one's seeming pretty good too!

16. thebloodhound

Regular

I'm with you there, I could have it on repeat infinitely

17. radiodead

Trusted

This could end up being my AoTY. What a great week so far. This, Grizzly Bear, Brand New and still have QoTSA coming.

18. j0nnymarrzbar

Regular

Yeah boi! Album just dropped on Spotify in NZ. Opening song is a JAM!

19. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

About to start listening... all the songs so far have been incredible. Very excited.

20. Barcara

Regular

Haven't heard Pain or Up All Night because I was already playing the first three to death haha.

Very excited to spin this tomorrow! If the singles are any indication (and I've heard they are) this will be my album of the year (maybe decade, LITD is an all timer and apparently this is comparable).

A year end top three consisting of TWOD, National and Brand New, with the likes of Manchester/Alvvays/Circa/Turnover rounding out the top ten make this an incredibly strong year for me.

21. Barcara

Regular

Also, slept on the big preorder bundle but I nabbed the Vinyl Me Please yellow 2LP which I'm excited about.

22. So this should be on Apple Music at 11 pm tonight yeah?

DejaMoi likes this.
  23. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

DaydreamNation likes this.
  24. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

Hoping this will be a nice compagnion piece to Science Fiction. Would love nothing more than that.

25. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

It'll be better.

Also whyyyyyy must it be mentioned in every thread. Feels like someone's pranking me at this point.

beachdude42, FTank, Aregala and 2 others like this.