Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The War on Drugs - A Deeper Understanding (August 25, 2017) Album • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by brandon_260, Apr 23, 2017.

1. zmtr

Trusted

Well it's definitely a TWOD song.

And it's fantastic.

2. So both of the songs released since it are awesome, but "Thinking of a Place" is still my favorite and probably song of the year for me at this point (unless I'm forgetting about something obvious)

3. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

Trying not to listen to any of the new songs. I heard "Thinking of a Place" once, but his records flow too well for me to want to get used to hearing anything out of context.

truelovewaits likes this.
  4. NitrateDawn

Regular

Yeah I kind of view singles now like I do trailers for movies; if I know I'm going to see it I don't feel the need to watch the trailer (generally speaking). If I know I'm going to buy the album I don't care to hear the singles out of context of the album.

Blaine Ryan and Craig Manning like this.
  5. Craig Manning

More or less how I've been lately, with everything except for my very favorite artists.

6. Blaine Ryan

This is spot on for me.

7. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

The 4 songs released from this are probably the 4 best The War on Drugs songs tbh. This record will be stunning.

8. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

Definitely digging the new stuff i've heard. Caught their performance on Kimmel last night and now i'm listening to thinking of a place for the first time. Looking forward to this record.

9. zmtr

Trusted

"Up All Night" is on Spotify. Holy shit this is the best new song yet.

10. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

These new singles have been so, so good. It had been a while since I'd regularly listened to this band but now I can't wait for the album.

thebloodhound likes this.
  11. NitrateDawn likes this.
  12. jpmalone4

Stay Lucky Supporter

The Stereogum review is really great despite being a little too long. When he starts talking about listening to "Red Eyes" 4,000+ times - I totally get what he's saying there haha.

13. thebloodhound

Regular

Even with a couple of filler tracks, the singles released are enough for an epic album.Such high anticipation for this one

14. If it wasn't for the surprise Brand New record to keep me busy I'd be tearing my hair out waiting for this to drop

15. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

:-|

16. snick

17. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

Ugggh tryna wait until I can grab the vinyl on Friday.

truelovewaits likes this.
  18. zmtr

Trusted

oh fuck

19. tucah

not champ Prestigious

yesssss

20. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

I can't believe this is coming out in two days. This is going to be so good

21. Finally!! Just pressed play

22. tucah

not champ Prestigious

whoa "up all night" is incredible

23. Shit I lied. Will probably have to wait til tonight to listen. I hate when I can't listen to a stream when I'm on the go bc it's on youtube or whatever.

24. snick

Wow, the closer on this is just perfection.

25. Craig Manning

Goddamn. This is blowing me away.

snick likes this.