Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The War on Drugs - A Deeper Understanding (August 25, 2017) Album • Page 12

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by brandon_260, Apr 23, 2017.

1. I think every show I went to last year barring the festival I attended was "dad rock"...Isbell twice, TWoD, Wilco, some would say My Morning Jacket is...

Oh jk I saw Thursday and Japandroids too. Still majority dad rock though

thebloodhound and Gjpeace like this.
  2. Supernova

Prayers/Triangles Prestigious

Super bummed at myself for missing these guys when they came through in December. I just chose not to go that day. Oh well. Last time they were in town I didn't know I loved them yet.

Didn't really get into A Deeper Understanding when it came out for some reason, but its reeeeeally clicking now this month for me.

3. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

The intro to Pain sounds just like Seas by Prawn.

4. Barcara

Regular

I need a live album.
    They're just incredible live and I would love to own something with that performance.

Just off the top of my head, the ACL version of Eyes to the Wind blows my mind, and the version they play now with Adam intro-ing on the harp is astounding too. P4k has some killers videos of Burning and Red Eyes too.

thebloodhound, jpmalone4 and sophos34 like this.
  5. Lucas27

Trusted

This album is quickly becoming one of my favorites period. I was on a road trip with some friends and decided to bust out “Strangest Thing” and the whole car was floored. Made me realize I’m always so giddy when I introduce this album (and that song in particular) to others which is the chief mark of some of my very favorite music. Anyway, it’s always nice when one person geeks out about the song you just introduced them to, but for four other people (with varying musical tastes) to all geek out when I played it was so special.

Also, I JUST mentioned to my buddy how “Strangest Thing” reminded me of “Holocene” so funny that Bon Iver was mentioned. It’s not a stylistic thing, it just gives me that same otherworldly joy because of how purely beautiful and epic the music is.

6. This continues to be the best record I've heard in a long long time

7. primavera

big baller brand Supporter

they're up there with tame impala and FJM for my favorite band of the decade

8. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

Yeah I heard Pain earlier today and thought about how bad I need to revisit this

Quercus and DaydreamNation like this.
  9. This continues to be true

thebloodhound, tucah and Quercus like this.
  10. TMS2787

Trusted

I saw them last night in Cleveland and my God! What a set. They sounded so fucking good and played probably the best set I’ve seen all year (last night was show fifty for me this year). It was almost two hours and five minutes long and it felt like it flew by. I had seen them almost four years ago at the House Of Blues, while it was good this one blew it out of the water. I feel like it may have been because the new album is just that good and they played a theater which held the bands sounds better.

beachdude42 and contra11mundum like this.
  11. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

Well shit. Definitely didn’t know they were in CLE last night or I definitely would have been there. :/

12. TMS2787

Trusted

Oh no! :(. They announced the show over six months ago! I’m sorry you missed it.

13. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

Since they don't have a band thread, I'll drop this here –

Hard to believe Lost In the Dream is (already) 5 years old today. What a fantastic album!

14. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

Giving this a spin now, just a lovely record

Quercus and beachdude like this.
  15. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

adam played some new mixes on IG live. stuff sounded awesome. some songs were a lot more synth-forward and others had some super distorted guitar lines kinda unlike anything we've heard from them. said the record was 75-80% done.

16. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

Looking forward to it.

Their last record got a lot of spins from me and it’s easily my favourite from them at this point.

17. NitrateDawn

Regular

Can’t wait. A Deeper Understanding is probably one of my favorite records of all time at this point

18. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

both of the last two are pretty high for me

19. Barcara

Regular

Guys we just heard three new demos. Damn.

I am ecstatic, literally had a stupid grin on my face for the whole stream. TWOD is definitely my favourite band working.

phaynes12 and waking season like this.
  20. Supernova

Super stoked to be listening to some new War on Drugs songs/demos. It's spring time and for me that means its Lost in a Dream season. I still kick myself for not seeing them the twice they've came close to me and I just didn't go.

Barcara likes this.
  21. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Just jumping in to say I finally heard LitD, and became obsessed with it 2 months ago. Can’t wait to give this a whirl as well. Some absolutely fantastic songwriting on LitD.

Barcara and dpatrickguy like this.
  22. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

Here for it

23. thebloodhound

Regular

Don’t allow this to happen a third time, they are a proper live band! I saw them 2 years ago and it will remain in my top three live shows indefinitely

Supernova likes this.
  24. Yeah I saw them a week before Christmas 2017 and it was a very very good show

Supernova likes this.
  25. Supernova

That was the 2nd time. It was a "AWoD holiday soiree" I believe. I looked at the setlist just now. Dammit.