Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Walking Dead (AMC) TV Show • Page 189

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

i liked the barn discovery, it made the season interesting. how is that not a huge twist, the ho-hum perfect farm family has a deep dark secret hidden in plain sight, somehow no one saw it coming lol

glenn's "so....theres walkers in the barn" scene was great

2. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Yeah a lot of people were def complaining about season 2 and the Sophia storyline and how long they were at the farm and etc. BUt I liked it. The barn door opening and Sophia coming out was such a great heavy scene.

3. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

The barn definitely wasn't one of the problems with s2 lol

4. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

there was a lot wrong with S2 especially in the beginning, i remember thinking "i hope they never find sophia" after that entire episode of daryl and andrea just going house to house looking for her.

the intro to S2 with the hoard of walkers on the freeway was awesome though. one of my favorite segments of anything i ever watched in the show.

5. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

I think I’m just gonna restart this from the beginning at some point

6. slimfenix182

Best thing about s2 was Dale dying lol

Sean Murphy likes this.
  7. Orla

little old lady Prestigious

I like the first half of TWD season 4 a lot, especially during the flu arc where the main threat to the group wasn’t walkers or other people.

The second half is still good, but the tone of the show really changed having 3 main characters used for comic relief (Tara, Eugene, Abraham) at the same time and I still don’t like that abrupt transition.

I still maintain that season 3 of Fear the Walking Dead is the best season of any show in the franchise.

David87 likes this.
  8. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

[​IMG]

I liked Dale. I do think they weren't sure how to handle his character once Darabont left

justin. likes this.
  9. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Yeah I'd have to go back and check but I remember 3 and 4 of Fear being fantastic and I also said they were probably the best of any of the shows.

Which is crazy because after Season 2 I was almost completely out on Fear. I can barely remember what went on at the end of Season 2 tbh.

10. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

The actor for Dale wanted off the show after Darabont quit, but after they filmed his death he changed his mind and asked if they could re-film it and not kill off the character. AMC refused because of the cost of refilming the episode.

David87 and Orla like this.
  11. slimfenix182

Dale's fault for not keeping a dumpster around in those fields

12. Supernova

Prayers/Triangles Prestigious

When watching the final scene of them eating dinner at Alexandria and was waiting on Rick to walk through the door saying "hey guys what's for dinner".

13. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

We finally finished this season out. They did a really really good job with it. It definitely made me feel some things.

I was hoping for but wasn’t expecting a Michonne/Rick update in the episode so I’m glad we got one. For a second I thought we were getting new info on Rick but then I realized they were showing us how he got that stuff onto that boat. That skyline is almost definitely Philly, so that’s exciting.

It also makes me wonder where exactly Michonne found that boat. If it was on the Delaware River outside of Philly, then Michonne shouldn’t have really found it where she did, as I think it was implied she went up into the Chesapeake Bay on her initial mission where she found the boat. There’s just no way the boat would have gotten there haha.

i really need to watch World Beyond and catch up on Fear.

14. Orla

Just did a rewatch of Fear where I pretended it was a show that only consisted of seasons 1-3, and that the third season’s finale was the planned ending to the series. It really elevated the experience for me. “Sleigh Ride” felt like a perfect episode of television (it’s still excellent regardless).

15. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

16. Orla

Holy shit, Fear is ending with Season 8. Shouldn’t be a surprise, but still.

17. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

What do you mean? The plan was to always bring him back.

Orla likes this.
  18. slimfenix182

I can't believe there are gonna be three separate shows of Walking Dead characters

Redefining "milking it"

19. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Dead City premiers tonight, I will be checking it out.

still way behind on Fear and need to watch World Beyond

thebloodhound likes this.
  20. DimeStoreSaint

Regular Supporter

No Dead City thoughts? lol

21. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

I liked it, but felt a little confused on timing and location and etc. I assume we’ll get more of the backstory on how we ended up where we are throughout the series but I didn’t like the choice of just being dropped into the middle of a story.

Didn’t enjoy the flashbacks during the dream!

thebloodhound likes this.
  22. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

I watched the first episode of the last season of Fear and it was so bad. I’ve been pretty good about getting through it all but yikes.

23. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Honestly had zero clue that Dead City was already airing. I thought these spinoffs were still a long ways away.

24. Orla

Fear S8 is a step up from S7 for me, but that’s not a high bar. There’s been no complexity in the show’s writing for a long time, so I’m in the habit of hate-watching it now.

I thought the Dead City pilot was fine, but there’s probably some negative bias there since I’ve never cared much for Maggie or Negan.

25. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

Okay episode 2 was actually pretty good.