Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Walking Dead (AMC) TV Show • Page 184

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

1. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

A show about Negan and Maggie?

Why not lol I’m not sure where you can go with it but okay

2. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Nah. I’m pretty sure the creator of the comics said he never wants it to be known.

3. maldoror

#1 Mudsdale fan

Wow. The newest episode of Fear was gross. Having a 19 year old actor make out with his 15 year old co-star multiple times is too far. The in universe ages are 15 and 12, which is somehow much worse.

4. Orla

little old lady Prestigious

Melissa McBride drops out of The Walking Dead Daryl and Carol spin-off

I love Carol, but I'm about as interested in a solo Daryl spinoff than I am in one focusing on both of them, so I'm not too disappointed. Plus if this was known internally before filming on TWD completed, maybe Carol isn't as safe as we thought now?

5. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I guess she doesn’t want to live in Europe?

6. Orla

Just finished episode 100 of FTWD, aka Alycia Debnam-Carey's last episode and season 7 continues to be some of the worst television I've seen in my life. For a show that's netted so much incredible talent in its cast, I can't believe how committed it's been to squandering every bit of it since season 4, or that its showrunners haven't been shitcanned by now.

7. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

That the spinoff has 100 episodes blows my mind ugh

ncarrab likes this.
  8. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I had no idea. Wow.

I couldn’t make it through six episodes.

9. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

EL OH EL

10. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

Climb walls and open doors you say

11. slimfenix182

Lol new meaning to dragging it out

12. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

6 part miniseries is way better than 3 movies, might actually give that a shot

David87 and loudasallgetout like this.
  13. Orla

I was hoping they would just do one movie and scrap the plans for a trilogy. A single feature-length, super violent, high-budget Rick story could’ve been plenty of fun.

I’ll watch the Rick & Michonne series and it’ll probably be fine, but if TWDU does another series in the future, I’d prefer it be centred on entirely new characters.

S11 has been a mixed bag for me so far, but TWD is still my favourite show and I can’t wait to see how they wrap things up. Also it really feels silly retconning to explain the season 1 walkers this late in the game, but it wouldn’t be the silliest thing they’ve done.

14. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Y’all are kidding yourself if you think they’re gonna end the Rick/Michonne series after 6 episodes. Our grandkids will be watching live episodes of it.

Jusscali and slimfenix182 like this.
  15. Orla

Nobody in this thread has stated they think the Rick & Michonne series will end after six episodes.

16. slimfenix182

Rick will be the president of the US eventually. No term limits

17. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

Save America

18. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Finally caught up on all of 11 so far. I’m really liking it. Have no idea how they’re gonna wrap this all up in 8 episodes and what the spin-offs will be. Really want Rick and Michonne to show up in this series again.

now I need to catch back up with Fear, depsite the reports here that 7 is a mess. And I still need to watch World Beyond.

19. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

I've enjoyed large parts of Fear, but yeah the last season was hot garbage.

20. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Yeah I'm on record many times here of saying it was, at one point, better than the flagship show. Seasons 3-5 (though 5 was a step down from 4) were better than most any (maybe all?) seasons of TWD. So sucks to hear it's gone downhill. I actually forget where I left off. Might have been the midpoint of Season 6 when they were in that creepy taxidermist cabin. Can't remember if I watched anything after that one.

21. Orla

Just watched the premiere of Tales of the Walking Dead (ft. Terry Crews and Olivia Munn.) Not great, but not bad. It was refreshing to have a mostly lighthearted, road trip episode. Also to hear the word “fuck” dropped a handful of times.

Apparently the second episode (ft. Parker Posey and Jillian Bell) is Twilight Zone -esque, so I’m looking forward to that.

22. Orla

Loved episode 2 of Tales. Hoping it’s not the season’s only left-field story.

23. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

I need to watch Tales.

AMC was replying Season 1 today and damn….the tone and everything Darabont was going for was so much cooler than what the show ended up being. Yeah it’s a bit overwrought at times but you can tell he was going for “cable tv drama but what if the drama happens to be caused by the zombie apocalypse” instead of “just” making a zombie show. Really would have loved to see where it went if AMC and him didn’t split.

Orla likes this.
  24. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

How was the return of this?

25. Orla

Wasn’t much a fan of episodes 3-6 of Tales. The Alpha backstory didn’t do anything to make her more interesting, “Davon” and “La Doña” were heavy on hallucinations and light on character depth, and “Amy/ Dr. Everett” was decent but its impact definitely felt hindered by its runtime.

I do like that half the episodes felt relatively grounded while the other half were more experimental; that seemed like the right move. I also appreciate that there were barely any Easter eggs since this show could’ve easily gone overboard with them.

I hope it gets a second season. There’s so much to explore and it has potential. I’d like to see stories set outside the United States. I’d also enjoy more unconventional episodes, but for them to have a sense that being set in TWDU matters so they don’t feel like a random horror anthology show that happens to have zombies. And if there has to be another ep revisiting a past character, John Carroll Lynch’s Eastman is at the top of my list.