Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Walking Dead (AMC) TV Show • Page 183

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

1. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I'm not sure what that even means. I'm assuming Rick dies in the comic?

2. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I probably speak for a ton of people when I say that it's been a CHORE to get through all 11 seasons of TWD. I'll admit, the last few seasons have been pretty good, but seasons 6-8/9ish were a trainwreck and the series lost a lot of followers. I think we can all admit that TWD isn't anywhere nearly as popular or talked about as it was during its first 4-5 seasons.

I mentioned last week, I didn't even watch TWD for 2 straight years. I just caught up on S11 last week and I am not even bothering with the S10 bonus episodes.

Mixing in 5 different spin-offs over the past few years has also significantly watered everything down for me (and probably a lot of others). I'll be very disappointed if we spent 11 years with this show and don't at least get some sort of closure with the storyline/main characters, and based on all the upcoming spin-offs, doubt we will get that at this point...unless of course, they are smokescreens.

3. GBlades

Trusted

Not sure how much you wanna know here but i'll spoiler it: Rick dies when he is killed by Sebastian, the son of the Commonwealth leader

ncarrab likes this.
  4. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Yes. At the hands of someone in the Commonwealth, someone who does not like Daryl.

ncarrab likes this.
  5. GBlades

Trusted

Oh i definitely agree. It was brilliant to see these characters come to life and it was brilliant. It did start to diverge and that's when interest was lost. Kinda same-y and i did feel like i was watching to be a completionist. It's been good the last few seasons though, in my opinion but not as great as it could have been.

6. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

Wasn’t there supposed to be some andrew lincoln TWD movies or something?

7. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

So, this is coming from someone who has no idea what the Commonwealth storyline is in the comics, but just watching the show, are we supposed to see the Bob Odenkirk look-a-like as an evil guy? Or are we supposed to feel bad for Eugene and/or the rest of the group?

I mean, by the looks of things, it just seems that they're doing everything they can to vet any and all people who are coming in to their community as well as recruit people from the outside who they deem can be productive citizens. Sure, what they did was shady, but they need to know everything about everyone they're bringing in.

Makes sense to me.

8. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

I think you're referring to the deputy mayor? The one always in a suit? None of them are evil like the Governor or Negan in terms of killing people. Going forward, it kind of plays out like the Capt America: Civil War movie where the sides butt heads on what is moral, right, etc., if that makes sense.

9. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Yeah...that is what I'm seeing, but didn't know if it gets out of control like the other 'villain's.'

Also, I've always been of the opinion this entire series that the group we follow isn't necessarily a good group of people, or the good guys. They're just the group we follow. Everyone does what they have to do to survive, we just happen to be most privy to the main characters. They've done just as awful things as some of the 'villains' that have been portrayed in the past.

10. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

There's definitely bad people at the Commonwealth, but I wouldn't expect anything like we've seen previously.

11. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

12. Orla Mar 7, 2022
    (Last edited: Mar 7, 2022)
    Orla

little old lady Prestigious

I’d rather watch a Scott and Dianne spinoff.

4A046AE0-75A1-45A2-9E8C-4CF4AB5EC98C.jpeg

loudasallgetout likes this.
  13. thebloodhound

Regular

With an audience that’s dropped significantly over the journey, surely more spin-offs is the last thing people would back?

Enjoyed Maggie saying no to Pamela/Lance although it seems only short term.

14. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I really, really hope all the spin-off announcements are smoke screens. I'd actually give them a lot of credit if they were, because at this point, the spin-offs are absolutely ridiculous.

Orla likes this.
  15. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

God they need to end this franchise

ncarrab likes this.
  16. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

I am a okay with mroe of the TWDEU. Fresh stories told in this world are great.

Orla likes this.
  17. Orla Mar 7, 2022
    (Last edited: Mar 7, 2022)
    Orla

I don’t mind more TWD-related content; it’s my favourite TV universe. I’m far more excited by the idea of spinoffs starring new characters than I am about watching TWD’s mains from the past 6-12 years branch off, though.

thebloodhound likes this.
  18. Supernova

Prayers/Triangles Prestigious

I just caught up on the season 10 bonus episodes and now wanting to start season 11. Are all season 11 episodes available with AMC+? I don’t mind dropped 8.99 for a month or 3 to knock this out.

19. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Season 11 is broken down into three different parts of 8 episodes. The first 8 episodes aired in the fall, and now we're in the midst of the second 8 episodes. The third 8 episodes aren't until the fall.

Supernova likes this.
  20. Orla

All season 11 episodes released so far are available on AMC+.

Supernova likes this.
  21. Supernova

I may have just acquired one of my buddies login. Going to try to log in tonight!

Orla likes this.
  22. stonecoldnimrod

roamer. wanderer. nomad. vagabond.

so, with all these current spinoffs... has it even been confirmed WHAT caused the zombie apocalypse?? or has that still not been established yet?

23. Orla

The final episode of World Beyond suggests it was developed by French scientists, but whether that's true hasn't been confirmed.

24. delvec19

Trusted

This is by far the best way to catch up haha

25. Supernova

Nope, gotta watch every bit of it. It's a bit of a ritual when it comes to Walking Dead with me. I've had some deep love with this show. Watched S11 E1-2 so far.

(started my own AMC+ account. Friends login didn't work.... )