Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Walking Dead (AMC) TV Show • Page 179

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

1. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Good episode tonight, having people leave and then come back is a winning formula lol

2. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Wait...this is back on? I legit had no clue.

3. thebloodhound

Regular

The amount of viewers on here is really thinning out!
    I'm going to watch the new ep in a couple of hours, hoping this part of the season is worth the wait. Ep 17 was just ok

4. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

It’s like a 6 episode bridge between S10 and S11 basically

5. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

Yeah I don’t expect these bonus episodes to be amazing. I’m assuming they weren’t originally in the plans at all before the pandemic.

6. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

That was my assumption as well. But I'm also guessing they just had a lot of material they wanted to get through for the last season and realized it was gonna be like a 20 episode season if they didn't do it this way.

7. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

Also sounds like they were extremely limited in how they were allowed to film for these episodes so they probably won’t have crazy action sequences.

8. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I still don't get the 'bonus' episode mentality...like, are these episodes necessary for the plot? If I miss them, will I be confused in Season 11? Because I'm going to be honest, the last few years have been a chore to get through and I really don't want to be watching episodes that were hastly put together and/or never meant to be released if it's not necessary.

9. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

I don't know how the rest are gonna go but I thought this episode did a good job filling in some of the gaps on what Maggie has been up to/what happened etc. Certainly seems like it's gonna set up for some conflict with her and Negan as well.

Also made me wonder if we'll be getting any crossover from Maggie's group to Fear as well, considering what she said about where Georgie went.

10. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Oooo I wonder if this explains the editing on that walker clearing scene. Where it almost seemed like they were not showing the actors doing the kills and/or showing them one at a time at points.

11. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

Yeah I think I heard that most people on set weren't allowed to be close together at all so they had to use some weird close up shots and fancy camera angles.

12. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

That was...interesting.

13. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Pleasantly surprised tbh

14. thebloodhound

Regular

Not sure what purpose that episode served

15. thebloodhound

Regular

This Negan episode was pretty decent, I was actually interested in his backstory - even though it wasn't great imo

Wonder how him returning from his cabin will play out?

loudasallgetout likes this.
  16. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

Still three behind Negan but this is just so hard to get through

thebloodhound likes this.
  17. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Still haven’t watched any of them. At this point, I don’t plan to.

18. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Lucille was played by his real wife, correct? I do want to watch that episode.

loudasallgetout and smowashere like this.
  19. smowashere

Trusted Supporter

Correct.

20. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

I think 1, 2, 3, and 6 were fine and worth a watch. But yeah you could definitely skip anything. It's all bonus and I don't think will impact the final season too much.

21. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Is it over already?

22. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

The 6 bonus COVID episodes are over yeah.

23. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Finally caught up on the bonus episodes we missed. Is the Negan episode insinuating the zombie apocalypse started 12 years ago? How is that even remotely possible given Judith’s age and when she’s as conceived?

24. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I didn’t watch the bonus episodes but that sounds about right, doesn’t it? Wasn’t the time jump in season 9 or 10 like 6 or 7 years alone?

25. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Yeha and that would make Judith about 7 years old, since I believe she was roughly 1 by the time the Saviors story line happened (everything up through the saviors was about 2 years and she was conceived like 2 months into the outbreak). So if it’s now been 12 years that means she’s gotta be like, about 11. She...doesn’t seem that old to me hah.