Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Walking Dead (AMC) TV Show • Page 177

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Orla

little old lady Prestigious

The Governor was the most richly-developed villain the show’s ever had, and David Morrissey played him like a prestige TV character, rather than a comic book character. As far as TWD’s baddies go, they definitely peaked with him.

Contender likes this.
  2. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

The scene when Rick meets the Governor in the shed is still one of the most "edge of your seat" moments this show has had.

waterloobeam and Orla like this.
  3. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

I also think often about how great it may have been if they had kept Darabont.

Seasons 3-5 or 6 were probably peak of the show. The only slip up there was the Season three finale.

4. Orla

Decided to just rewatch the whole series again.

So many characters in S2 were... more whiny and petty than I remembered? And since nothing substantial happens in half the episodes, watching it again was kind of a slog.

I’m nearly through S3 now, and every episode seems to have at least a couple important events, fun surprises, or fucked-up moments—and they all feel purposeful. Idk how much of that was a conscious reaction to S2, but it’s still damn entertaining. (Also “Clear” is easily one of TWD’s top ten episodes.)

Supernova, justin. and David87 like this.
  5. Supernova

Prayers/Triangles Prestigious

I was
    I went to the very small town they shot this episode in when they were originally filming it. Had all the traps and barbed wire and whatnot in the streets. Went over two times in a row to try to get a peek. First night we went we got to meet Andrew Lincoln as he finishing filming that night. I was mesmerized by the experience as I was super high on TWD at the time.

Orla likes this.
  6. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Are TWD and Fear going to be running co-currently this year? I didn't realize FEAR was coming back this October, which is usually when TWD comes bacl.

7. Orla

TWD S10E16 and the premiere of World Beyond will both air October 4, then new episodes of World Beyond & Fear will run back-to-back on Sundays beginning October 11.

8. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

oh wow. So do we not have a start date for season 11? I’m so used to this show coming back in October haha

9. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

The governor stuff dragged on way too much. Peak TWD was Seasons 1,2 and 5. The governor bit in S4 was good though.

10. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I'm still confused about Season 10. Like, is next week the finale or not? And then after that they're airing bonus episodes? Like, what does that mean? So next week isn't the finale?

11. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

12. Orla

From what I’ve read, the current plan for the main show is to air the original S10 finale this Sunday, the six S10 bonus episodes in early 2021, and S11 beginning next fall

David87 likes this.
  13. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

14. Orla

Wondering which major character(s) from the protagonist communities will be killed off this Sunday. Given how much the people involved in the show have been hyping this battle, I’m really hoping the answer isn’t “none”

15. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Spoiler below.

The answer is "none".

Orla likes this.
  16. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Lame

17. Orla

Ended up being more satisfied with S10E16 than I thought I’d be. That said, I don’t think it was a good episode, and I don’t believe it was worth the six month wait. (Idk what the etiquette is in this thread for new episode discussion sans spoiler tags, but I’m down to get into details when everyone else is.)

As for World Beyond, it was a clumsier opener than the other series’ first episodes, but I enjoyed it on the whole, and am excited to see how it progresses over the remaining 19 episodes.

Also World Beyond related—I thought the narration aspect was cool. I wonder if it will always be done by Iris, if each episode will feature a different narrator, or if this season is all Iris, then next season will be all Hope.

smowashere likes this.
  18. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

The fight between Negan and Beta was way too short

19. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

That was my thought at first too...

But then I thought that if somehow this event was actually going to play out in real life, chances are someone would actually probably get murdered in the first few seconds. There wouldn't always be these big amazing fights in real life. Plus Beta already had a big fight with Daryl earlier, so I thought it was fitting he just got offed without much trouble in the end.

20. Orla

I didn't mind the length of the Beta/ Daryl/ Negan fight. I just wish the writers could've given other characters that moment instead, considering that Negan just killed Alpha, and we already had a Beta v. Daryl match in S9E13. Aaron would've been a great candidate, but he barely did anything all episode (though he did make for a pretty funny couple of seconds.)

21. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

Did he? I remember he showed up with Maggie but that's all I remember from him.

You're right though. Would have been cool for another character to get a big moment.

22. stayillogical

Kayak, deed, rotator, noon, racecar, Woo Young-woo Prestigious

I liked Negan and Daryl's reactions to Beta with his mask off. "Shit, did you see who that was?" "Yeah, nobody." Guess Daryl's not a country music fan, haha.

23. GBlades

Trusted

There were a lot of people in the comments quite angry because he said "Nobody" and not who it was because he was meant to be a highly famous person but they failed to see what Negan/Daryl meant by it.

Orla likes this.
  24. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Wait, can someone elaborate on the reveal there? Because when Negan said 'did you see who that was' I was expecting the reveal to be it was a past character we should have recognized, but I was very lost at what it was supposed to mean?

I didn't even care to look it up last night/earlier today.

25. maldoror

#1 Mudsdale fan

Through Fear The Walking Dead and the main show, they revealed that Beta was once a famous country singer. They showed an album with Ryan Hurst's face on Fear and had and episode where Beta went into a hotel with posters of himself on the walls. When Gamma ripped his mask another whisperer recognized him and Beta killed him. Negan recognized him, Daryl didn't give a shit lol

stayillogical likes this.