Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Walking Dead (AMC) TV Show • Page 176

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

1. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

I think itd be good. I obviously don’t know how this is going to end but I’m guessing their show will be them traveling the country looking for other groups and just spreading the word of whatever their group has got going on in Alexandria/that other group Eugene is finding/etc. Sort of like what Aaron was doing but on steroids.

it opens up the possibility that they interact/cross over with the other shows so that would make the most sense.

Orla likes this.
  2. StevenW92

Regular

Loved this show from the start. There’s been a fair bit of filler along the way though. Hoping for an epic finale

PandaBear! likes this.
  3. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Stopped after Negan was captured

4. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

So it's ending... but it's not really ending.

5. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Honestly that was the worst place to stop haha. 9 was better than the Saviors seasons IIRC and 10 was top quality of the show type stuff.

6. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Most certainly. They could end the series in 10 episodes. 24 is a lot for what is left in the comics.

David87 likes this.
  7. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

They need to just wrap the entire series with the Rick films

8. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Continuing a series with Daryl isn't ending this lol. Who needs more than eleven seasons of Daryl ugh

9. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

If you don't want to see it then don't watch it but I think he's probably the most beloved character from the show at this point so it makes sense that they would give him his own series.

I imagine more characters who survive the last season would also be in the new show but I guess Just Carol confirmed so far.

10. Supernova

Prayers/Triangles Prestigious

Main series’s has to end at some point. I’m glad they have other things in the pipe line with existing characters(Daryl and Carol). I guess that means D and C both don’t get killed off then. 100% ready for the Rick movies. I hate waiting. I’ve been so attached to the main show since season 2 was airing. I need to pick back up Fear.

11. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Latest Fear season was a little weaker than the previous ones, but I still liked it. 3 and 4 were fucking top notch Walking Dead.

12. maldoror

#1 Mudsdale fan

seasons 4 and 5 are best viewed as a parody of the first 3 seasons of Fear

13. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Seasons 1 & 2 of TWD are good for nostalgia, but seasons 3, 4 & 5 are great for the story. Seasons 9 and 10 and can be added to 3, 4, and 5, but 3/4/5 are great due to a lot of the core lineup staying the same throughout.

14. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

i was talking Fear but yes I agree with this assessment of the flagship haha. 1 and 2 are good but it might mostly be a nostalgia thing, 3-4-5 are the apex of the show so far (minus the season thrre finale that just totally fucked up all the momentum), and 9-10 are a return to form of sorts after the troubles with 6-8.

15. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

I mean they're pretty far removed from the comics, especially with Carl and Rick gone. At this point, I'm not sure where it'll end, cause it's clearly not Daryl taking the spot of Rick in the comics.

16. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Wait...we still haven’t even gotten the season finale of Season 10.

Whatever happened to that?

And didn’t they announce last year that Season 11 would be the final season?

17. Orla

little old lady Prestigious

The S10 finale is set to air on October 4th.

I believe last year is when rumours began circulating that S12 would be the last, citing some kind of internal communication from AMC, but nothing had been confirmed. I do wonder why they're making S11 into 24 episodes, though, rather than simply airing those as two seasons.

18. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

But also isn't the "Season finale" no longer the season finale because they extended season 10 by 6 episodes?

Or did that get cancelled now with the news of the expanded season 11?

19. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I’m confused about the six extra/bonus episodes of Season 10...what does that even mean? Bloopers?

20. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

The six extra episodes in season 10 will take place inbetween season 9 and 10

21. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Same here. I know the series can be really fun to watch at times and people really seemed to like the story that followed there, but I got a lot of series fatigue trying to keep up with the show and the spinoffs... Whenever you know that the story doesn't really have some grand payoff planned that's waiting for you at the end, it's a little harder to keep wading through the boring stuff.

Ferrari333SP likes this.
  22. Orla

little old lady Prestigious

Rewatching S1 of the main show for the first time in at least a couple years and man, it would’ve been so cool if AMC just bankrolled whatever Frank Darabont wanted to do for S2.

David87 likes this.
  23. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Is The Governor arc peak TWD?

24. Sal Paradise

Trusted

I think that is the consensus, but my favorite stretch is the lead up to Terminus through Negan’s into. I think that 3 season stretch was when I was the most invested in the show

Orla and Contender like this.
  25. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

yeah, season 1 has stand-alone rewatch value for me. i'v rewatched S1 a ton of times, it feels like a completely different show.

i thought S2 was mostly bad through the first half, the rick/shane/lori triangle bored me, the search for sophia, though it got better near the end of the season and I think 3 and 4 were excellent seasons with the governor/prison and the run up to terminus. i thought the stretch between the prison and Negan's intro was pretty meh, and i've stopped watching entirely since the end of S7.

If Seasons 8-10 are on Netflix, i might think about catching myself up but, i havent really felt the desire at all.

Orla likes this.