Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Walking Dead (AMC) TV Show • Page 174

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

1. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

This is basically a summary of the entire show

2. Orla

little old lady Prestigious

This got me trying to think of all the other times the show’s done this. Rick while he was bleeding out, Morgan throughout S8 (mostly while he was paired w/ Carol, no less), Tyrese after getting bit, Rick during S3 after Lori died.

I’m probably forgetting at least one other instance, but yeah, it seems like a go-to maneuver at this point.

hongfong00 likes this.
  3. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

That episode was pretty good. The teaser for the finale looked great too.

A certain someone is back.

4. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Eh, I honestly couldn’t have been more bored by last night’s episode. And a show that has been losing steam for years now has to wait...months? For a one episode finale?

thebloodhound likes this.
  5. Orla

Did Beta & the Whisperers just leave Alexandria intact or what?

6. hongfong00

The sky had blackened with carrion birds. Supporter

I wasn’t too impressed with that episode either. Like literally nothing happened.

thebloodhound likes this.
  7. Orla

I thought the plots were fine, but really didn’t warrant filling an entire episode.

8. thebloodhound

Regular

This could be the final nail in the coffin for the show.

Waiting months for a standalone episode will kill what little momentum is left

9. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

What worries me about the trailer for the next ep is that it appears that they are all doing the whole 'disguise ourselves as zombies to pass through the herd' thing again, that they have literally already done before in a major season finale. And I know, just KNOW, that they will kill off the coolest character - Jerry - in some bullshit way just to spite me and my continuous loyalty/faith in this show.

10. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

It’s wild to think it’s been so long since I read the comic and so long since I’ve given a flying fuck about any of the characters that I can literally only name 3-5 of the characters lol like who the fuck is Jerry? Lol

ncarrab likes this.
  11. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Jerry is the new character in the pink jacket.

PandaBear! and GBlades like this.
  12. GBlades

Trusted

Princess Jerry and King Ezekiel

justin. likes this.
  13. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

Ohhhh I don’t think I ever got that far. She’s like Sandra from survivor to me right now lol

14. Orla

Gonna divert from TWD S10 discussion to give some appreciation to the first three seasons of Fear, since I’ve been furloughed & have been doing some marathoning. The tone was perfect, the casting was top-notch, and I’d even go as far to say that S3 (when the writing really hit its stride) is my favourite season of either show. Dave Erickson being fired as showrunner was such a mistake

15. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

I thought season 2 was a bit weak overall but Season 3 I remember being super fantastic.

Subsequent seasons hven't been as good as 3 but have still been pretty good IMO. Better than TWD 6-8 for sure

Orla likes this.
  16. thebloodhound

Regular

I remember starting this and quitting half way through season 1, might revisit it now

Orla likes this.
  17. Orla

S1’s best episodes are definitely the last two, as Victor Strand is introduced & the setting expands. S2 is a slow burn, but is great for character development. S3 deals a lot with morality in the apocalypse being a gray area, which makes for interesting conflict.

Overall, I really enjoy how the the first three seasons achieve the tone of a horror movie, over the more comic book feel of the main series, and breathe dimensionality into its characters in a way that TWD mostly doesn’t.

S4 & S5 are like an entirely different show—dumbed down like S4 of Community—with the exception of the episode “Laura”, which I’d still recommend watching.

18. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

I've enjoyed 4 and 5 even though they're different. It's been expansionary of the world which has been cool. Def not as good as Season 3 or 1 was though

Orla likes this.
  19. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I remember season 3 being hammered hard when it first aired but now it's pretty well received. S1, 3, 5, and 9 are the best for me. Nothing could get me to rewatch 7 and 8. S2 is nostalgic in a way.

20. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

We’re talking about Fear haha...most of TWD season 3 was actually pretty good, they just botched the ending so hard

21. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

I like Fear S1 and S3.

22. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Since Negan was captured in whatever season a few years ago, I haven't bothered to watch TWD, mainly off the feeling the show had run it's course. Is it worth picking up at that point? #quarantinethoughts

23. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Season 9, which kicked off right after he got caught, was the best season since 4/5 IMO. Season 10 has been okay, not as good as those but better than 6-8 IMO

Ferrari333SP and Orla like this.
  24. Orla

I’d say it’s worth at least giving S9 a go. After Rick’s departure in S9E5, there’s a time jump to a point where the characters don’t use cars or guns anymore, which helped freshen up things.

Ferrari333SP likes this.
  25. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Cool, maybe I'll give it a go then