Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Walking Dead (AMC) TV Show • Page 168

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

1. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Ah, my mistake. You still have your answer though.

2. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Glad they're addressing the backstory though because clearly, everyone thought it was kind of a mess the way it just kind of happened out of nowhere.

3. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

4. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Makes sense. The show is currently around issue 150 and the comic ended at 193. 2 more seasons should do it.

5. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

So my own personal speculation

this season ends with alpha getting killed? Next season find commonwealth, does Rick come back to TWD?

6. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Yeah, but it's pretty clear that they're going many separate ways from the comics. My fear was they were just going to blindly continue on.

7. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I think it's been stated on numerous occasions that outside of the films, he would not reappear in the actual series, but who knows with this franchise?

8. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah, but the comics ended because of him. I wonder how they'd end the show.

9. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

The show is still on the same path of the show when it comes to the overall narrative. I had a feeling it would end soon after the comic abruptly ended.

10. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I would like to think that is true. But I think that as long as the show is making money/attracting viewers, there would be no reason for them to end it. Clearly, the quality has significantly gone down over the past 4-5 years (although I'll admit the past year has been a bounce back) but because it's always been a ratings giant, they probably don't care as much as other shows would if the quality wasn't there.

That said, I believe the ratings have been pretty poor (at least for their standards) for the past year or two, so I do hope they follow through with ending it.

11. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Alpha dies in episode 8. No doubt. Negan is already at the camp and with the Whisperers. Him joining the Whisperers and killing Alpha all took place in one issue. I doubt AMC will have 8 more episodes happen before she is gone and the war begins. The next half of the season will probably be the Whisperer war. Season 11 will either end the war in the first half or deal with the characters scattered after Alexandria is destroyed.

12. justin. Nov 23, 2019
    (Last edited: Nov 23, 2019)
    justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

The spoilers for episode 8 are pretty disappointing. It seems like AMC will indeed drag this out and decide to push extra plots into the span of one comic issue.

13. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

welcome to the last five years of The Walking Dead

14. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

Shit man. That post about spoilers was basically a spoiler.

15. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Covered it with a spoiler tag but is stating that something won't happen a spoiler?

16. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Yes, because now it lowers expectations for those who were hoping something would happen.

17. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Personal expectations are spoilers? I still don't understand what makes it a spoiler if nothing that happens in the episode was stated, but okay.

18. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

Technically it's not a spoiler but a big comic book moment was expected to happen tomorrow and now I'm assuming it's not going to.

19. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

given this show’s history, I think it’s fair for fans to expect...something, on a larger scale, to happen on the mid season finale.

20. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Well that was awful

21. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

I think if I wasn’t anticipating the comic book moment I would have enjoyed it a lot more.

22. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

It was honestly one of the worst mid season finales I can think of from this show...especially in comparison to how decent the season is as a whole.

ncarrab likes this.
  23. hongfong00

The sky had blackened with carrion birds. Supporter

I think this half of the season was really boring but at least stuff happened in this episode....I didn’t think it was boring

24. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

There was no reason for AMC to not feature the big comic book moment. Pretty disappointed that they didn’t.

25. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

I'm glad they didn't. I said a few posts back what I think will happen. Although, I think it might be three or four episodes in.