Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Walking Dead (AMC) TV Show • Page 165

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

1. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

2. GBlades

Trusted

3. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

There’s no way I’m paying to go to the theater for the Rick Grimes movie

4. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

He was the WORST lol

5. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

6. currytheword

Trusted

So I had given up on this show about midway into Season 7. I remember coming back to see the finale, and feeling like it was just not good. Sasha's death didn't seem to hold the weight it was supposed to, much like Andrea's earlier in the show. For whatever reason, the last two weeks I decided to give it a shot and catch up. Season 8 was a fucking DRAG. Like, i'm pretty sure there were multiple episodes I skimmed through and picked whatever scenes seemed decent enough to watch.

However, season 9 was surprisingly good? I don't recall fast-forwarding nearly as much as I did 8, and Rick/Carl being gone seemingly helped which I didn't expect to feel. Daryl being on screen way more and a leader is SO much more appealing, and he barely even says anything ever. The Whisperers are awesome as the new villains, and the woman playing Alpha nailed it. I think I have 2 episodes left (They just showed up asking for her daughter back) but yeah, what 180 it felt like when I thought the show was on its last limbs.

However, Michonne please push your dreads behind your ear. We learned the emo cut is not good for your vision in like 2008. Also, STOP MAKING EVERYBODY PREGNANT.

7. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

What season is the Sasha death? I’ve been meaning to watch again and that’s where I left off

8. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

They do all these supply runs, I would think condoms would still be stocked in places.

currytheword likes this.
  9. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

Season 7

astereo likes this.
  10. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Season 9 was definitely a return to form. It was a good, entertaining, engaging, made me care about characters, etc.

I am not entirely confident they can keep it up in 10 but I am looking forward to it.

Fear has been okay this season, a half step down from last season but still okay. Nothing has touched Fear Season 3 yet.

11. currytheword

Trusted

I haven’t touched FTWD since I gave up in season 2. I read the wiki page for the seasons I missed, and yeah, did not seem enticing to return. Some of the character deaths seem surprisingly dumb.

12. currytheword

Trusted

Also, I must touch on a few continuance errors from S9:

-If Rick really did survive the flight and wound up in a survivor camp that has access to helicopters, How has he gone six years without once considering "Hey, maybe I should go see if my other kid and girlfriend are still alive?"

-Alpha's husband cut his beard off, has a clean shaven face for an entire scene, and then in his next before dying, had miraculously grown the whole thing back.

-Gabriel 100% pulled Negan's cage shut behind him. But also, how do you NOT check that?

I guess it wouldn't be TWD without some glaring overlooks.

13. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Fear season 3 was fantastic. The one actor apparently wanted out so they did seemingly randomly kill him off, and one of the other deaths def seemed premature...but overall the entire show has all been way above the mess that was Season 2.

Also I’m a few episodes behind this season and we just watched one more and given what was happened, I may to amend my statement about it being a half step behind season 4. Suddenly very interested where it’s going.

currytheword likes this.
  14. currytheword

Trusted

Ok so, was there ever an inkling of these “Highwaymen” earlier on in this season that I might’ve missed? Or did they really just shoehorn another corny group into the show.

15. currytheword

Trusted

I just watched episode 15 holy fuuuuuuuuuuck.

kidwithhelmet likes this.
  16. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

Doesn’t that not air until Sunday?

17. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

I think he's talking about Walking Dead Season 8.

18. currytheword

Trusted

Season 9! I finished it last night. Last two episodes were great. I didn’t predict the deaths or how everything unfolded at all. The winter storm scenes were excellent.

19. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

It's really crazy how Season 9 just rebounded out of nowhere. I truly believe Rick (and the awful, repetitive writing) was holding the series down for the last 3-4 years. I'm not even really excited at all about the Rick films coming out. I'm interested to see how Season 10 is and if it can build off of Season 9 but sadly, my expectations are still pretty low.

currytheword likes this.
  20. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

Oh yeah, I meant to say Season 9 haha

currytheword likes this.
  21. GBlades

Trusted

10x1 is out right now.

22. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

23. Full Effect Ed

...In F*cking Full Effect Prestigious

AMC already announced they were releasing the episode a week early for their service subscribers

24. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

I’m going to try to go this whole season without spoilers. I did with season 9 and I liked it more

PandaBear! likes this.
  25. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Laat season was decent enough but I just have zero hype for this show anymore. I'll probably watch it. We'll see haha