Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Walking Dead (AMC) TV Show • Page 164

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah it was pretty crazy!

smowashere likes this.
  2. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

Just looked up what that twist was and holy SHIT!

smowashere likes this.
  3. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Only way I can see the show/movies piggybacking off this is
    if Rick eventually catches back up with Judith and Rick is shot and Judith has to kill/end him...which would kind of be fitting since Carl had to kill his mother.

4. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Won't happen. Andrew Lincoln and many of the people at AMC said Rick will never return to the show and will only be in the 3 films.

Also, following what just happened in the comic, I'm done with it. I have no interest to continue reading.

5. justin. Jul 2, 2019
    (Last edited: Jul 2, 2019)
    justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

6. Micool1 Jul 2, 2019
    (Last edited: Jul 2, 2019)
    Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

7. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

8. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I Am Mick likes this.
  9. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I believe so. I would imagine this is legit being that it’s the day before the comic hits shelves.

10. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Good.

11. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Kirkman didn’t want to spoil that the comic was ending so he faked new issues after 193.

12. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Make it an even 200!

PandaBear! likes this.
  13. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

That's what I figured.

14. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

I thought when it first happened they mentioned that he could return to the show in the future? Guess I just imagined that.

That makes me wonder if the 3 movies will end up also being the end of the main show. And Fear as well——I feel like the two are eventually going to converge.

Which allows them to do a fresh start with the new show?

15. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Could be. The only other character confirmed for the Rick films is Michonne so who knows.

16. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

The ending of the comic book pretty much means nothing for the show. The show is already so far off the rails of what the comics are anyway and if they still wanted to loosely stick to the comic book material, there's probably enough material they haven't covered to last another 3 to 4 seasons (to catch up to the end).

The TV show will go on so long as it continues to be a ratings monster - good or bad (unfortunately mostly bad, although I will admit the second half of last season was the most enjoyable it's been in 3 or 4 years).

The weird thing to me is - hasn't Kirkman said all along that he knew how The Walking Dead would end? This seems very sudden and maybe not as flushed out as he would have liked.

17. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

He says he planned to end the book after they arrived to Alexandria and Rick took control to build civilization from there (the Negan story and everything after weren't planned) but he admitted his planned ending was terrible (and it was really) and decided to continue and not long after he thought about the current ending.

18. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I guess I always assumed (although blindly) he had more of a big picture kind of ending as to either the rise/rebuild or the absolute fall of society and not necessarily specific to the ending/fate of certain characters. Like, I just pictured the ending either being everyone is eventually wiped off the face of the earth or they eventually find a cure to the disease...or somewhere in the middle where they at least find a manageable way to continue on/rebuild society.

19. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

I think I suggested it one time in this thread already, but I thought it might have been something where eventually a child is conceived/born after the initial outbreak and then we eventually see them die without turning

They don't have to explain too much (or anything at all, really) and it's not some grand solution, but it would at least imply that EVENTUALLY life will recover in the future. Open ended but still a satisfying conclusion, like all of the characters' struggle and hard work would eventually pay off.

But after I got more familiar with this franchise, I realized it was probably just going to end with some of the characters dying and some of the characters surviving. And that's about it.

20. hongfong00

The sky had blackened with carrion birds. Supporter

I always thought the ending would be that either all mankind dies or zombies suddenly collapse, they rose with no explanation and they die with no explanation and what's left of mankind will rebuild.

21. hongfong00

The sky had blackened with carrion birds. Supporter

Ooooh I like your ending better...

22. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Yeah, this is my fear.

23. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

I’ve said it a bunch but I always thought it would be kinda cool if it turned out the zombie outbreak only happened in the US and the rest of the world let us suffer

24. maldoror

#1 Mudsdale fan

Just finished the final issue. I started with the series around 2006 or so and have re-read the entire series 5 or 6 times; I'm not sure which. It seems odd to me that the next re-read will be the whole story from beginning to end. That said, I loved this ending. I won't spoil anything, but seeing The End made me tear up.

Unfortunately, the show could never tell this same story and that is a terrible shame.

smowashere likes this.
  25. GBlades

Trusted

Absolutely gutted to see this end so abruptly. This has been something I've bought since the start and my parents never failed to buy me the volumes each time one was released for a birthday/christmas. It's gonna be weird not getting that now. I'm excited to see how Kirkman moves on from this. Seeing THE END was definitely a heart-wrenching moment.

maldoror likes this.