Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Walking Dead (AMC) TV Show • Page 158

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

lemme get out that shocked face

2. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Renewed for season 10

3. GBlades

Trusted

Is the mid-season premiere out there?

4. Jonathan

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Verified

5. And characters are much more likable (see: Andrea and Carl).

Jonathan likes this.
  6. Jonathan

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Verified

Granted, it's been sooooo long since the beginning of the show (and I've never rewatched episodes really)… I don't remember Andrea and Dale being an item in the tv show, was that a thing there too?

7. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

Premiere was released a week early for people who had some special AMC service. Therefore it’s now on the internet in HD quality.

Let me rephrase my earlier comment though. It was mostly uneventful but had some good character stuff that I actually enjoyed. Definitely has me into this half season.

Mrk_Brdshw and Jonathan like this.
  8. GBlades

Trusted

That makes sense!

9. maldoror

#1 Mudsdale fan

It was played at a bit post-CDC and on the farm, but they pushed the Andrea/Shane narrative more. It really is a crime how poorly they handled Andrea's character on the show. She was one of the best from the comics (Dale was much better too).

10. No, never happened on the show. It works in the comic though.

11. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

I never read them but didn’t they shift a lot of the cool parts of Andrea into Carol?

12. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

And yeah in the show they kind of hinted at Dale caring for her in some way but never more than thag

13. Nyquist

I must now go to the source Supporter

14. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I can’t blame her. Her TV husband is off the show and she is going to have continued success with the MCU for years to come.

Davjs likes this.
  15. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

But like, seriously, no Maggie, no Michonne, no Rick. Surely AMC can’t keep this up for more than 3 years.

16. Davjs

Trusted

If Carl can step up and take over like in the comics then they may be able........ oh wait....

17. Jonathan

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Verified

Literally all signs pointing to I picked a good time to start the comics. :P

Davjs and justin. like this.
  18. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

Always said the point when I'd give up on this show is when Michonne leaves...

Jonathan likes this.
  19. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

In a world without entertainment isn't Walking Dead really missing the boat by not having Aaron do a one man impression show for the community every week? Lol

Jonathan likes this.
  20. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

New episode was alright

Jonathan likes this.
  21. Jonathan

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Verified

I finished book 4 yesterday. I have lots of thoughts, but wow, they really expanded on Carol on the tv show compared to what happens to her in the book. Honestly, she's one of the few characters who is better in the tv show. My friend put it best – Daryl is like they took the best parts of Rick from the comic and gave it to him, and then what's left is Rick in the show, lol.

Unfortunately none of the comic shops in San Francisco sell the hardcover books, so I'm going to bite the bullet and buy books 5-15 on Amazon at once. I go through a book a day. Until I do that/they arrive, I'm going to read through book 1 of SAGA finally.

22. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

My expectations the last few years have been rock bottom but last nights episode was really good imo.

23. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

This season has been a big improvement over the previous 3-4 seasons. It will never be what it could have been though, because they still have to deal with the irreversible consequences of all the shit Gimple did.

slimfenix182 likes this.
  24. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

If the show still had Rick, Maggie and Carl then I would like it much more. S9 has been better than the last few though.

hongfong00 likes this.
  25. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

This episode was good as well. I'm glad they gave more backstory to Alpha compared to the comic. I can't stand her accent though.

Jonathan likes this.