Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Walking Dead (AMC) TV Show • Page 157

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

1. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

I finally caught up on this and I don't really get the Whisperers. Dressing up like a walker seems like a very easy way to get killed.

2. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

That EXACTLY what I've been saying.

3. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Amd yet they didn't live in a dump and make up stupid accents so they're probably still not the craziest people on this show lol

Davjs, PandaBear! and hongfong00 like this.
  4. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

I think they idea is they hang around a herd, and people are more likely to run and hide then fight them all.

5. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Didn’t Carol dress up as a one of the Wolves that time? Seemed even more ridiculous. The Wolves weren’t even using guns so...she was only really disguising herself from the Alexandrians who were shooting people from long range (and probably wouldn’t have time to distinguish her from an actual Wolf). Great way to stay alive.

slimfenix182 likes this.
  6. slimfenix182

Guys this is a show about zombies stop being logical

- somebody on FB probably

7. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

Yeah logic went out the window a long time ago with this show.

Like, anytime there is a herd, why not just like light up a bonfire and let them all walk into it?

8. Doomsday

Trusted Prestigious

I decided to rewatch this show so I can get caught up and join in on the hype since basically all of my coworkers love it and constantly talk about it. Almost finished season one now and it's pretty great, I miss when I used to like this show.

But I thought this show got bad in season 3 so I can't imagine what the latter seasons are like. Oh well, I'm on board for the ride

9. slimfenix182

Compared to the last 3 seasons, I miss the prison lol.

Doomsday likes this.
  10. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

You think it got bad in Season 3?! You don't want to see Seasons 6-8...

Davjs, RJ Knorr and Doomsday like this.
  11. Doomsday

Trusted Prestigious

Like I said, I'm goin' for the ride

12. Maverick Dec 24, 2018
    (Last edited: Dec 25, 2018)
    Maverick

Trusted

Alright you guys, I just finished rewatching the entire series. I figured it being Rick's last season it was a good time to start from the beginning. This show may get so much shit but man I enjoyed watching it so much. Alas, the later seasons are the hardest to get through but episodes I used to hate before now are so much smoother and better to watch back to back.

These are the moments that defined how great this show can still be for me:
    S1
    - Pilot (Just the entire episode is pretty much fantastic)
    S2
    - Pretty Much Dead Already (The Sophia reveal episode, the moment when we all truly saw how great this show can be)
    - Rick's speech for the season 2 finale, the Ricktatorship moment where we see Rick pushed over the edge to his more ruthless side after killing Shane
    S3
    - The first episode really sets the new tone and changes the show forever..the first few episodes in the prison are just so visceral and raw, the craziest moments being in "Killer Within" when Rick puts an axe to the convict's head and Carl has to kill his mom and Rick's reaction to it all...whoa.
    - Carl's slow development into the dark side finally put into check at the end of the season after killing the kid is a moment that is recalled later in the series that I find to be quite affecting.
    - Merle's redemption and Daryl finding him was so sad.
    S4
    - The midseason finale when the Governor returns to the prison was such a good episode, especially the moment when Herschel smiles with pride seeing Rick trying to make peace and then suddenly UGH was so heart-rending, but when Michonne FINALLY drives the sword into the Governor its like the biggest relief.
    - Rick biting the guy's neck out...fuck what would you do after what these scumbags tried to do
    S5
    - The first few minutes of the season premiere in Terminus is definitely a top 5 WD moment. Seeing them in gags tied up as people's necks get slit open HOLY SHIT
    - Then 2 episodes later Rick keeps his promise with his red machete in the church..
    - Rick snapping on the crossroads at Alexandria after fighting the surgeon then getting knocked out by Michonne.
    - The season finale in general was full of good moments, the opening scene with Morgan and the wolf..Rick coming to the meeting with a zombie over his shoulder and everything that happens after..
    S6
    - Carol going incognito as a wolf to kill a shit-ton of them on her own in Alexandria was incredibly bad-ass, and seeing what it did to her seemed right for her character.
    - Mid-Season Premiere: Rick leads a group covered in walker's blood..then the kid can't get a hold of himself..the mom in shock..the son shooting Carl in the eye. It was like holy shit after holy shit after holy shiiit!
    - The season finale: The most tense episode, where they keep getting blocked off by the saviors..but Rick doesn't lose confidence..until the moment they're surrounded. The acting there with the horrified faces and sweat was pure tension..
    S7
    - Season Premiere: ..and the tension doesn't go away over the summer break, it gets even more intensified. The infamous episode is still one of. if not the most memorable episodes of the series.
    - Season Finale: I must say Sasha's death is probably my favorite death of the series. The whole episode leading up to it and the twist that I did not see coming with her coming out of the coffin dead was pretty awesome, but the absolute favorite second of that moment was once Walker Sasha throws Negan down, we see Carl reacting in a mini-second with a BANG! BANG! BANG! 3 garbage people down before anyone can blink and the rest of the Alexandrian team follows suit!
    S8
    - The two episodes surrounding Carl's death. Carl facing Negan as a distraction for the others to get away but secretly knowing his own demise was quite emotional.
    - My favorite musical montage of the series was Bright Eye's "At The Bottom Of Everything" when Carl tries to live his last day on earth the best he can is just so poignant to me that I still think about it with some sadness. Another favorite moment of the series.
    - Rick breaks his word and kills the remaining Saviors with Morgan: Damn dude.
    - Season Finale: Rick faces Negan and tricks him into coming close with fake peace offering (Like he did to Shane) and slits his fucking throat! Then decides to save his life to honor is son is another poignant moment. I know people make fun of the show and its decisions but some of the writing choices I can understand, and the ending of this episode with Rick walking with Carl in the flashback felt like it could have ended the series right there and it would have been perfectly fine.
    S9
    - Rick's final episode. To see this episode for the first time on a re-watch is perfect, because I remember all the call-backs very well to the pilot, and because of that I was very moved by this episode. The classic WD tension in the beginning with Rick pulling himself out with his belt..him passing out and seeing visions of his former friends (Really really enjoyed the convo with Shane..especially since the original convo was so damn mundane (but realistic) and then the twist ending with the helicopter, I was very very happy to see Rick survive personally.

Sorry for the run-on sentences, I wrote this in a hurry and kind of in excitement. This show is pretty damn awesome. I remember there was a time when I thought it was better then Game Of Thrones (It's not..but still) and the re-watch was so damn satisfying. Not a fan of them trying to stretch the show out as long as possible..really wished it had a series ending in sight but the Whisperer storyline is intriguing so I'll still watch!

dash64, Davjs, GBlades and 1 other person like this.
  13. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

I have noticed that even episodes that I found to be very "bleh" on first watch are better with re-watching and, especially, binging.

I'm not a binger at all but this show is one that works better being binged, IMO.

14. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

A lot of the writing style of the more recent seasons (with a lot of pseudo cliffhangers sprinkled throughout) is easier to deal with when you aren’t watching week-to-week.

Also, waiting for each week’s episode just to be hit with a “filler” episode is brutal but feels almost normal when you’re binging.

Jonathan likes this.
  15. slimfenix182

Lol I watched Pandorum tonight (I think it came out like a year before this started) and Norman is in it and does the "rub crap on your body to try to disguise yourself from the monsters" in it, funny coincidence

16. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

I watched Rampage recently, and JDM does his lean back a few times in it, weird to see that as well.

17. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

Apparently Dwight is confirmed to be going to Fear.

18. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

What are the odds that Morgan and Dwight both ran into the same group on the other side of the country lol

19. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Maybe he ends up there because he’s specifically looking for Morgan. Like Morgan borrowed Dwight’s pocket knife and forgot to give it back so Dwight has to track him down.

20. GBlades

Trusted

They're really looking to invent this new "universe" with TWD now. You've got TWD, FTWD, the games, the books, the movies that are on their way. I just scare that this will dilute the story.

21. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

PandaBear! likes this.
  22. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Man I can't wait to see Ryan Hurst.

23. Jonathan Feb 6, 2019
    (Last edited: Feb 6, 2019)
    Jonathan

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Verified

Just started reading the comics, on book 3 (so I guess about 24+ issues in.) My GOD, the comic is much faster paced, darker, and overall more appealing to me.

24. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Oh, it gets much better.

25. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

Mid season premiere was uneventful.