Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Walking Dead (AMC) TV Show • Page 155

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

1. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

Not a bad episode but god damn Carol would never do that with her hair. Also i would have rather eugene and rosita end up together than her and ol one eye. Who threw a dart at the board for that one? lol

2. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah, these romances are all over the place. Carol is quite insane.

3. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

For some reason I didn’t catch it, did Carol recover what they stole from her? It sounded like she was talking about the stuff they had for other people in the past tense

4. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

She got her ring back, I assume she took everything else.

David87 likes this.
  5. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

i have a much bigger problem with carol wearing her hair down like that than i do with her burning people alive

one is completely within her character's capability, the other doesn't make any fucking sense

Contender likes this.
  6. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

Good episode IMO, it does feel like the show is refreshed somewhat and I already can't wait for next weeks episode. Holy shit at what Carol did though, brutal! Those guys were what was left of the saviors, yeah?

7. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

Yeah the ones who were fighting with Carol while they were trying tuck repair the bridge. Is Bar Code Woman the only savior who decided to integrate herself into society? Dont remember her name

PandaBear! likes this.
  8. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

Seems like it's just her yeah, maybe that blonde guy is still alive at hilltop too. Wonder if we'll get any flashback episodes of what happened to the sanctuary or whatever.

9. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

The fair has been mentioned. That means the heads on the pikes scene will be soon.

PandaBear! likes this.
  10. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

Slower episode but all the whisperer teases have me so intrigued.

11. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Read the spoilers for the mid season finale. Spooky

PandaBear! likes this.
  12. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

Spooky is good! Really looking forward to it so, unlike with Rick's fate, I will be staying the hell away from all spoilers!

13. GBlades

Trusted

Well that's a fucking casualty.

14. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Yeah it was a waste of a character too. That character should have stuck around for a lot longer but apparently the actor asked to be killed off.

15. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Great episode. I know who/what the Whispers are, but the person I watch it with didn't. So at the end when that Whisper ducked she gasped and shouted "WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT" in a truly scared tone. It was awesome.

stayillogical likes this.
  16. quietwords

RIP EmoPunkKid28: 2002-2016 Prestigious

17. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I don't understand the Whisperers strategy? Like, they dress as walkers and walk with them - but don't they know that many groups are taking out herds all at once many times (explosions, gun fire, running them over, etc)?

And the time they were coming after Daryl and he started shooting off fireworks (or whatever that was) and the herd started moving the other way...was that all Whisperers? If so, don't they know that they could have been approaching a person who could have just started firing off gun shots at them?

They're dressing as walkers who people are going to kill. Doesn't really make sense, strategy-wise.

18. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Count me as one of those that missed that Jesus was gay.

Of course the best moment with this character is his final scene. This show wastes so many opportunities. They did the Whisperer reveal well but this still feels like a bad time for the show to take two months off. Wonder if there's another sizable drop when it comes back

19. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Yeah, I had no idea. It was one of the things he was frustrated about too.

But I was disappointed it wasn't in there more. It wasn't ever even explicitly mentioned. [Jesus' sexual orientation] was just one scene with Lauren in season seven. The right people picked up on it; they did recognize it. But you can find people who still don't realize Jesus was gay. I think they could have been a bit more up front about that.

Also, I totally agree with Tom about Jesus being at Hilltop. Jesus was an above average character when he was first introduced, and he was great last night, but he was beyond 'blah' when he was at Hilltop (as most of the characters are). It sounds like his frustrations mirror most fans of the show. The lack of character development (or focus) has been extremely poor the past 3-4 years.

20. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

No, you could tell that the real walkers bought the bait and started walking towards the firecrackers. But then Whispers cut them off to redirect and started going after Eugene and group.

21. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

It's still a pretty bold, unwise strategy. Like mentioned earlier, they could be approaching people who just take them all out with gunshots in an instant.

22. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Also, is that how Negan 'escapes' in the comics? Because that was such a ridiculous way for it to happen in the show.

23. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

The last episode I was just getting mad when he was blabbing about whatever he was blabbing about with Tara. What is this her 5th or 6th season? Who needs Tara around for this long? Ugh lol

24. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

No, in the comics the new group (Magna and team) sees him in the cell (in the show I don't think they ever saw him in their short stay there), and Negan basically puts on a show and tells how bad Rick and crew are, tries to scare them so they'll let him out. Doesn't happen. Later the Whispers attack Rick and Alexandria (obviously not going to happen, appears to be Hilltop this time around), Rick asks Negan for leader help, goes on for a little bit. Then some random guy who has a grudge against Rick lets him out.

25. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

That sounds a lot better than just forgetting to lock the door for a prisoner who has been imprisoned for 6+ years. And even if they wanted to spin it as Gabriel being stressed with the Rosita situation, they literally made sure to show us a bodyguard in there with him. So that's two people who didn't bother to check if it was locked.

Such ridiculous writing.

slimfenix182 likes this.