Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Walking Dead (AMC) TV Show • Page 153

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

1. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Weren't all the zombies falling into the river? While on fire? Rick was on the other side, so none were getting to him anymore. They didn't know where he would be, but you'd think they'd at least stick around for a little while to see if they could try to find him. Daryl literally just walked back into the woods.

Sal Paradise likes this.
  2. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

Episode was great, but it would have been even greater if Rick did die. I think doing movies and more spinoffs is overkill.

Also, it seems like this was also Maggie's last episode? At least that's what reports say.

3. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

I doubt it, I mean I know she's nearing her end, but I'd like to think they'd give her a proper send off.

4. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

I don't know, reports say that it was indeed her last episode (at least for a long while) and that she just went with Georgie (the woman who gave her the book to build stuff) during the time jump. That would be pretty disappointing, but I guess that's why they did the Negan scene so soon.

5. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

lol 3 more years. this shows never ending.

6. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

It seems like Steven is done with the show and he is content with staying out of it as he focus on his other projects and his family. I wouldn’t be surprised if they asked him and he turned it down.

7. Nyquist

I must now go to the source Supporter

This is pretty much how it plays out in the comics though I think it’s a lot more powerful there.

COMIC SPOILER

During the Whisperer storyline, Negan breaks out of his cell, finds his way to the Whisperers camp and tells them he can help them kill Rick. Then he gets the leader alone and - surprise - he’s pulling a double cross. He kills her and cuts off her head. Then he brings her head to Rick like “hey look I did this nice thing for you, do you believe me now that I’ve changed?” and Rick is all “OH MY GOD WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?!?”

So that is what really starts the Whisperer War because they want revenge. Negan helps them fight in the war and saves Rick’s life. At the end of it, Rick thanks him and tells him he can go free, but he can’t stay in Alexandria because of his past. Negan sets off into the wilderness and you don’t see him for a while. Kirkman then wrote an issue a few months later solely focused on where Negan is at on his own. It was just about a year ago now and we haven’t seen him since. This is where last night’s episode kind of intersects here. While Negan is out and alone he starts to go a little stir crazy. He goes into a house and finds a baseball bat. He wraps it in barbed wire and names it Lucille, talking to it as if it were his wife. He tells the bat he’s going to be the man he was again. They’ll see. Then Maggie tracks him down to a barn because she’s unhappy with Rick letting him go. She pulls a gun on him and tells him to kneel. Negan breaks down and sobs, begging her to kill him. He says he has nothing left, wants to be with his wife and that he’s sorry for everything he’s done. Maggie finally sees what Rick was trying to tell her. He’s not worth losing her soul over. Glenn wouldn’t want her to. So she lowers her gun and says he’s not worth it. She leaves him behind as he sobs and begs her to just put him out of his misery. The last you see of Negan is a shot of him walking away from his campfire with his bags. The fire is in the foreground of the shot and in the fire is his new Lucille baseball bat he’d made.

It’s...kind of a shame we won’t get that.

If I remember correctly she’s leaving at the midway point so after episode eight I think.

Davjs likes this.
  8. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah, having Sasha there just felt like a "it's the only actor we could get" moment. Rick never actually felt that close to her. I guess with the way he got kicked out, Chandler didn't want to go back for this.

9. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

It's always nice to know ahead of time what death fake outs will be bullshit lol

astereo, BirdPerson and Sean Murphy like this.
  10. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

yeah I feel the same way about Glen tbh - i feels like bringing glen back would have been more fan service than anything.

11. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

Well at least Glenn and Rick were pretty close. He was the one who saved him back in the pilot episode. But yeah, Carl would have been the most logical choice here.

Davjs likes this.
  12. Supernova

Prayers/Triangles Prestigious

13. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

Yeah basically anyone other than Sasha would have felt better. Oh well. Good episode.

14. Blimp City Hero

Buddy Boy Prestigious

I really liked last night's episode and the little reset they've done. I'm intrigued to see where they'll go in relation to the comics (mostly on the Whisperers part), but it feels a little better tuning in to new episodes now. The last few seasons have kind of dragged on, but this might change things up enough to make it feel fresh.

slimfenix182 likes this.
  15. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

I feel like it should have been Lori instead of Sasha

BirdPerson and loudasallgetout like this.
  16. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

It's now being reported that last night's episode was Lauren Cohan's last.

17. GBlades

Trusted

Didn't know that Lori said "What's your wound" right before a certain someone appears.

18. slimfenix182

That's kinda terrible that Rick got a whole episode and doesn't even die and Maggie gets nothing. So what are we just gonna get an offhand comment about when she died in the last 6 years? Lol this show handles nothing perfect

19. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

Reports say that she went with Georgie.

20. slimfenix182

Makes me think they're pissed she's leaving at the same time and just decided to be petty lol

21. slimfenix182

I have to look up who Georgie is. Haha I'm so out of it

22. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

Woman who gave her the Key to the Future book.

23. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

Pretty sure we've known about Lauren Cohan for a while. She's leaving for a while but they've already said she will be back eventually.

24. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

I've sort of decided that last night was the series finale and the last five minutes just didn't happen. It's a pretty solid jumping off point, honestly.

25. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

As someone who has watched every single episode, I have no clue who Georgie is or what you’re talking about with key to the future book???