Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Walking Dead (AMC) TV Show • Page 152

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

1. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

The spoilers that someone posted a couple pages back were pretty much spot on. But I think they did it pretty well, all things considered.

slimfenix182 and Sean Murphy like this.
  2. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

It makes me wonder how this translates to him spending more time with his family. I guess 90-120 minute movies don't take as long to film, but I def feel like tons of movies take months and months to finish

3. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

So the show will be about the group facing The Whisperers after a 6 year time jump and the movies will be about Rick at Commonwealth?

4. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

The Maggie/Negan scene happening this soon instead of after the Whisperer War has me excited. We can leave the last few years behind us and not have to worry about it.

David87 likes this.
  5. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

Am I really reading positive comments about Walking Dead and the idea they will make even more of it? I need to see the episode asap.

6. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

7. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

Guess I need to start catching up. Maybe

8. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Might be worth it just to see what happens to Rick, but it seems like this time jump is basically creating a whole new series...you couldnprob just pick it up next week and not miss a beat

loudasallgetout likes this.
  9. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

Very true.

10. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

This really is never, ever, ever going to end.

RJ Knorr likes this.
  11. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Definitely feel a little bit more optimistic about the series now. Very cautiously optimistic mind you lol.

12. maldoror

#1 Mudsdale fan

Seeing Scott Wilson tonight was a heartbreaker.

13. slimfenix182

I really have no idea how a Walking Dead movie would do at the box office

14. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

It’s still going to be on AMC

15. slimfenix182

Ohhhh I haven't paid close attention to the details. I thought they were trying to branch out into motion pictures lol.

16. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

I really wish Glenn or Carl was in this episode.

Analog Drummer likes this.
  17. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

Def glen wtfff

18. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Maybe there were conflicts with the actor but yeah it would have made sooo much sense to have Glen tbere to apologize to and such

19. Supernova

Prayers/Triangles Prestigious

And since Glenn was the first person he saw after he woke up. I'm assuming actor conflicts.

I loved the episode so much. I've never fallen off the WD wagon, but of course I'm not quite as excited as I once was for episodes. However, after last night I'm beyond stoked for the rest of the season.

Gimple's reveal when I watched it made me super happy. More Lincoln as Rick? Yes please feed it to me.

About Negan's scene, I thought maybe he was playing a game. but, I guess he is truly just a sad, shell of himself at this point. He broke down pretty quick since he's been in prison. All the shrouding in the shadows really was really a symbolic move.

20. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

I just hate that they chose to make their Season 9 publicity around the fact it would be Rick's final episodes. Should have kept it a surprise.

21. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Agreed. On Talking Dead someone compared it to Wizard of Oz.

Shane gave him the courage
    Hershel gave him heart (could have easily have been Carl)
    and Sasha gave him wisdom

22. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

As someone who has bashed this show for years, I will admit that this season has been much, much better than Seasons 6, 7 and 8 but there is still absolutely no end game in sight and that to me, is still bothersome. Like, Rick is going to be in multiple films? We're talking at minimum another 6-8 years of Rick's story (they're still writing first one and won't film until next year meaning you're looking at a 2020 release at earliest). That's ridiculous. Also Gimple made it sound like there are more series and spinoffs coming? Like, enough is enough, it's been damn near 10 years.

And, I have no idea how this show will survive going forward with the current cast. It's a nice re-set, I guess. For now. The ratings have been significantly down this year and I'm guessing they'll slide down a lot more with Rick gone 'for good.'

23. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

I hope one of the spin off is Rise/Fall of the Governor

[​IMG]

24. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Also, did no one even bother to look for Rick after the bridge blew-up? Kind of weird that all his close friends were right near it and saw the bridge blow-up and just...walked back without even bothering to find out if Rick survived or where he went or whatever.

25. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Would you have walked towards that huge herd? I see where you're coming from, but I don't think they would have tried to cross that river as hundreds of zombies were going through it.