Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Walking Dead (AMC) TV Show • Page 131

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

1. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I did see it's the highest rated episode on IMDB since the first episode of Season 7.

2. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

ya, na i checked out. this show finally broke me.

3. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Finally watched. Honestly was bored throughout most of it other than the Negan Vs. Rick scenes, and even that was laughable as Rick is now like, 0 for 600 in trying to shoot or kill Negan.

Honestly if Negan, Rick, Simon or Dwight aren't on the screen, this show is a serious snoozefest and even the scenes with the characters mentioned still have major flaws.

Also, this has bothered me for a few years now, what's with Daryl's voice these days? He rarely talks and when he does, it's like a Christian Bale batman voice. He wasn't that limited/mono-toned in the first 4 or 5 seasons.

Analog Drummer likes this.
  4. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

Daryl used to be one of my favorite characters. Now he's just there doing... things.

5. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

It's so true. It's why the whole 'if Daryl dies-we riot' thing was hysterical to me because he's become a rather meaningless, boring character over the past several seasons.

6. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

It's true for most characters now. It used to be a group of people who really seemed to care about each other. I loved the relation between Daryl and Carol back then. Now they're all so focused on Negan that they don't even seem to care when someone dies.

7. stayillogical

Kayak, deed, rotator, noon, racecar, Woo Young-woo Prestigious

Fun episode.

8. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Good epppp

9. skurt

Sleekest of beaks. So Good.

It was by far the best episode of season 8. take that as you will

10. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Surprised at all the praise for the episode. Thought it was just as lame as most of them lately. The Negan vs Rick scene was laughable.

ncarrab and loudasallgetout like this.
  11. thebloodhound

Regular

Since it's become a lot harder to source torrents, my viewing of this show has dropped off completely.
    I always like to finish shows I've invested this much time in, but this is proving too hard and seems like it may not be worth it

ncarrab likes this.
  12. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

Another good episode IMO, save for that stupid fucking kid...

13. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

Still some dumb moments like the saviours just walking slowly right up the middle to get destroyed. And some unbelievable stuff like only the prisoners we know waking up when there's a conversation happening in the pen. But yeah at least it was exciting. It was kind of actually refreshing to see some walkers ruin some people again. Toben was a monster haha

Oskarr, Analog Drummer and PandaBear! like this.
  14. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I’m 35 Minutes in and am having a hard time getting through this episode.

15. GBlades

Trusted

I quite liked the last few episodes and the issues that they now face. I think people are pretty much stuck in the "so boring, same old stuff" mindset when they don't need to be or have an educated reason to why and I don't necessarily mean this thread.

As muuuuch love as i have for the comic; once I was able to determine that I can actually enjoy both for what they are, I was able to enjoy the series more.

16. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I’ve said for years, this show badly needs an endgame. It’s become mindless entertainment with laughable writing over the past two years. This ‘all out war’ is just the same shit each week with the show not moving forward. Negan couldn’t be more annoying, delivering every line in the same fashion while leaning back. They’ve introduced WAY too many characters that no one gives a shit about and have no clue how to develop any of them.

It’s not just this thread, the ratings are the worst they’ve been since Season 2 and critically it’s been getting panned for the most part and even the IMDb ratings per episode have been poor for years. I’ll admit, some of the recent episodes have been watchable but the bar has been set so low over the course of the past 2-3 years. It’s honestly a chore to get through most episodes now.

I continue to watch because I’ve invested 8 years in this but it’s not very enjoyable.

17. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

This Fear trailer actually has me really excited.

18. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

nailed it completely.

ncarrab likes this.
  19. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Some of the action scenes in this are so horribly directed / choreographed / lit / edited to the point where the viewer has no idea what’s going on. It’s pathetic.

Anyways, I did enjoy the good old fashioned zombie outbreak last week.

20. Sal Paradise

Trusted

That fear trailer is better than anything TWD has done in a while

21. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I stopped watching Fear The Walking Dead during Season 2...can someone explain to me how Morgan is in the show?

skurt likes this.
  22. Sal Paradise

Trusted

You gotta tune in for season 4 to find out!

23. Sal Paradise

Trusted

But seriously it will bug the shit out of me if they don’t explaine the timeline. Cause Morgan is on Fear far enough in the future to travel accross the country and meet the group. Plus he hasn’t even left yet... plus I thought fear was a ways behind TWD...

24. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Yeah, and if it's in the past, they already dedicated two entire episodes on The Walked Dead of Morgan's journey back to the group (when he was missing for a few season). This seems completely ridiculous.

25. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

I think Fear is actually having a big time jump and this will be up to the current timeline. Just going by the trailer they were talking about how they found the place and people and it’s safe and Morgan was saying how it won’t be. Kind of from first hand experience with the saviours. Just my take.