Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Walking Dead (AMC) TV Show • Page 102

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

1. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

So no scientific explanation? Bummer

Kinda thought that was the point of the show

2. RonandTammy

Regular

Haha, oh god no. The only reasoning we know of is that everyone is infected and death triggers the turn.

js977 likes this.
  3. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

I watched the first episode of FTWD S2 and was just done. I just can't stand anything about that show

4. Davjs

Trusted

I did the same thing and what you said about them blowing an amazing set up cannot be over stated. I'll never go back to that show, its just TWD 2.0 now instead of something different which is what I thought they were going for.

5. RonandTammy

Regular

The cause wouldn't really matter at this point. Plus, we already know that everyone is infected with it, but don't know the delivery method, if there was one. We also don't know what triggered the maybe dormant "thing inside of a human that would lower brain activity to its lowest primal function.

6. Davjs

Trusted

Then I have no idea what the point of FTWD is lol. I'm pretty sure that's how it was pitched. I was so excited to see how society crumbled as the zombies took over, but instead they rushed past it in 3 eps.

7. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I think Kirkman said he would never reveal the cause in either series, so I think I knew that going into FTWD, but I still expected a few seasons of the actual downfall. I thought the first episode of the series was cool when the addict son (I don't know his name) saw one every now and then and no one believed him. I think they could have gone with that the entire season where more and more people were noticing odd shit and slowly build to the downfall of society.

RJ Knorr and Davjs like this.
  8. Davjs

Trusted

Bingo

9. RonandTammy

Regular

But no, we ended up with the "questioning morality" shit that TWD has been doing for years now.

10. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

I thought all of that was cool, and they also had an awesome perspective that no one had considered before. The whole part where the protesters were trying to riot against the cops because they were shooting "innocent" people because they didn't understand what was happening. I thought that they would expand on that, but shit hit the fan and within a day or so, we were in the military lockdown stage. From that point on, they've essentially just turned the show into The Walking Dead with a different scenery.

I also don't think a "cause" is important to the show, but you have to have SOME sort of end goal to be working towards. So what, Rick's group and the FTWD group conquer everyone else and start to live happily ever after... Oh wait, then one person dies, turns, and bites the entire rest of the group. Now what? I feel like you have to at least work towards a point where a character dies and doesn't turn. At least imply that at some point, the disease will go away.

Davjs likes this.
  11. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

Gold.

PandaBear!, Schooner and slimfenix182 like this.
  12. RonandTammy

Regular

Fucking great.

13. RonandTammy

Regular

14. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Ogg is good news, but McIntosh, ugh.

15. RonandTammy

Regular

Yup, basically confirms that All Out War will take the entire season, or maybe even the first half of the war will take the entire season.

16. Davjs

Trusted

Agreed. Out of all these characters who get one shot episodes, I'd take as much Simon as I can get.

Enid's backstory Episode Just Survive Somehow was well done, but her character has never done anything for me. I hope the trash people just get wiped out in an ep and they move on, but I guess that isn't happening.

17. RonandTammy

Regular

As a regular, you could expect her in at the very least, half of the episodes.

18. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

Nightmare, I literally detest the trash people. Simon and Enid are cool though.

19. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Can't wait for the Jadis bottle/backstory episode! I bet she used to be a garbage collector.

slimfenix182 likes this.
  20. RonandTammy

Regular

There must be a reason for her way of speaking, seriously.

21. Davjs

Trusted

You think it could be a way to throw people off? An act like The King?

22. RonandTammy

Regular

Who the hell knows, I think it's probably a weak attempt to differentiate the groups by the writers.

Speaking of writers, if this WGA strike happens, TWD will surely be affected.

23. Davjs

Trusted

Not if they call me, I'll write.

Would Kirkman strike too? Or could he just take over completely?
    I'm curious on how this works and how it effected Hollywood last time.

24. RonandTammy

Regular

SAG and WGA typically go hand in hand when these things happen.

Look at The Office, one of their seasons was like half the length due to the previous strike.

25. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter