Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Walking Dead (AMC) TV Show • Page 101

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

1. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Spin-off series coming: Jadis and the Junky Bunch

Schooner and Kingjohn_654 like this.
  2. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

The Walking Trash. But the twist is it's just Season 8.

3. Davjs

Trusted

Super nice write up :-)

No :-|

Made me spit my drink out :-)

slimfenix182 likes this.
  4. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Scott Gimple released more info on the time jump. He said that instead of a time jump the show may cover what happens during the time jump in real time. Which means it could be a couple to a few seasons of stories during the time jump

5. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

So more quality original non-comic concepts like the trash people? Great news....

6. RonandTammy

Regular

Oh jesus fucking christ.

Just continue to milk the titty.

RJ Knorr, oakhurst and slimfenix182 like this.
  7. Schooner

Trusted

I would love one

I reckon he was either a mall security guard or at best a feral women's prison guard (although he killed rapey Dave but then again has 5-6 wifes)

Or high school PE teacher

8. RonandTammy

Regular

I don't know if you looked at the comic stuff we've posted here, but he was in fact a PE teacher.

Schooner likes this.
  9. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

I picture him as a used car salesman for some reason.

Davjs and Schooner like this.
  10. RonandTammy

Regular

To anyone that cares, Fear The Walking Dead comes back in June, and they're introducing a family of "preppers," which could be interesting. The pictures floating around involve flak jackets, military weaponry and vehicles, so it could be fun.

But then again there is the druggie, can't remember his name, but I wonder if his experience as a pill popper will aid the group again.

11. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I watched the first season and a half of Fear the Walking Dead then stopped. I have no interest in returning to it. I thought the show blew a prime opportunity to really show the downfall of society and expand on that over a few seasons and within 2 or 3 episodes of the first season, it was pretty much a full blown apocalypse.

Davjs likes this.
  12. RonandTammy

Regular

Yea, the military presence in the neighborhood was the best stuff either Walking Dead show has done. Nothing would be more terrifying than an infantry unit going ape-shit on the general public due to their own fear.

Schooner likes this.
  13. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

That's what I thought, as well. I was interested in it and actually enjoyed the characters, but when they blew through the entire downfall of society and jumped straight into the people basically scavenging just like TWD...I lost interest.

I would be much more interested in both shows if there was any kind of direction or endgame in sight. I get it. They're trying to really emphasize that the humans are the real threat to themselves and it's more about "the journey", but I don't feel like watching TWO shows that feel as though they're just going to keep stringing me along until they decide to call it quits one day.

14. RonandTammy Apr 6, 2017
    (Last edited: Apr 6, 2017)
    RonandTammy

Regular

Yea, it's sad, I don't know why they lost direction so quickly. The desert/beach landscape is a nice change from the wooded areas, so there's that.

I'd really like to see the struggle within a large city, like New York or Chicago. I understand that would never happen on a large scale do to filming permits and the logistical nightmare of emptying the streets/destroying the streets.

You know, since the group has essentially scavenged everything around them (had to by this point), why can't we have an old school scavenge episode? The likelihood to come across random survivors would be high and could lead to some awesome moments. I remember the Nebraska episode, for example.

If anyone wants to watch a "shit is hitting the fan" type thing, I highly suggest After Armageddon. It was on The History Channel in 2010 and essentially shows the breakdown of a large city hours/days/weeks/months after all power (electricity and gas) was shut off. It's a movie, and a pretty good one, with intercut footage from experts in various fields that lend tips on what you should do in a situation. Remember in The Road when the Father fills up the tub with water? That's talked out here, along with many, many other things.

15. Schooner

Trusted

Nope, just nailed it haha. Haven't been looking at the blacked out spots. He just reminds me of a few I had at school!

16. RonandTammy

Regular

There are some other comic related Negan spoilers which indicate his background. He's essentially like The Governor minus the child.

Personally, I think it would have been good to show the Saviors as criminals that escaped the prison Rick and the gang were held up in. Since all of them, Negan included, act like hardened criminals, why not just make them that way?

Schooner likes this.
  17. Schooner

Trusted

We call him Little Voldy from his cameo in Harry Potter

I don't mind FTWD. I take it for what it is and try not to place it against TWD

18. RonandTammy

Regular

Even as a stand alone, there are things that don't work. They jumped ahead way too quickly.

Schooner likes this.
  19. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

I enjoyed the first season of FTWD. Haven't watched any of the second yet though.

20. a nice person

Trusted Prestigious

Im going to give the second season a chance. I'm very much tired of TWD.

21. airik625

So you tried it once and couldn't finish it?

22. a nice person

Trusted Prestigious

I'm talking FTWD. I watched season 1, missed season 2.

23. airik625

Yeah that's what I was talking about to. I'm in the same boat. Just wasn't sure if you tried watching it but stopped because you didn't like it - was confused by you saying 'try again'.

24. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

So does FTWD explain the apocalypse quickly if it has already happened a few episodes in? I really only wanna watch for the explanation.

25. RonandTammy

Regular

The first season is short, and by the time it's done, you're already in a similar situation as The Walking Dead where the main group is essentially isolated from all other people and doing their own thing...at least I think that's how it ended.

There is only public panic for the first handful of episodes.