Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

'The Voice' singer Christina Grimmie dies after shooting

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by failinginplace, Jun 11, 2016.

1. failinginplace

Regular

'The Voice' singer Christina Grimmie dies after shooting

FTA:
    This whole thing is freaking sad. Does anyone know anything about this venue? Is it that easy to bring guns in? The majority of the venues that I go to have some form of security, whether it's metal detectors or pat downs, etc, and this guy managed to get two guns in. I feel so bad for her family, especially her brother, who amazingly after seeing his sister shot managed to have the courage to take this guy down and potentially saving other lives. Absolutely tragic.

Anti-Counter-Culture likes this.
  2. jellyfishfossil Jun 11, 2016
    (Last edited: Jun 11, 2016)
    jellyfishfossil

Regular

This is incredibly heartbreaking. I remember when I discovered her 'zeldaxlove64' account on YouTube in 2011. I would watch her covers for hours and really liked that she was a passionate Nintendo fan and was really happy that she was able to get her name out after she went on tour with Selena Gomez in 2012.

Why on earth would anyone target her? What the hell!?

Apparently, she was shot while signing autographs outside so that would explain how the shooter easily got to her.

3. jellyfishfossil

Regular

She had undeniable talent.

4. Anti-Counter-Culture

Regular

I never watched the voice, but I was a huge fan of her old zeldaxlove64 videos. It's incredibly tragic in so manyw ways, from her potential, to how kind a gesture it was to do a meet and greet, and her brother's courage. The whole event is really disturbing to me and I can't imagine what her family must be going through.

5. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

first of all why isn't this a bigger thread? or a news article? that baffles and saddens me to be completely honest.

I'm completely heartbroken by this. I didn't really know her but the entire situation is tragic. I found out today that the shooter was from St pete (my general vicinity) and I actually know someone that knew him. Completely disturbing. I really hope her family (especially her brother) can somehow find peace.

6. LessThanTrevor

Trusted Prestigious

Been to this venue many times and it's in a safe neighborhood. The crime rate is low and this kind of stuff does not happen. The venue has great security and metal detectors. This shooting happened outside the venue while she was signing autographs.

7. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

I didn't know it happened outside. thought it happened indoors at the merch table. So that makes sense because I was questioning the security myself.
    I have not ever been to this venue but have been to many others in orlando, tampa, and beyond. VERY VERY few involved metal detectors. I often have to show my purse but not even always. This event truly made me feel like I was unproctected and unsafe in these venues and I HATE to think of the generation of kids who now have to feel the same way (kids who are just getting started in the music scene and concerts are their life line...like mine once were)...I do remember a few times being 'wanded' (house of blues for example) and I do hope that every venue takes this approach now, unfortunately...

8. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

What an absolutely horrifying and senseless tragedy. I've never even listened to her music, but this shook me to my core, thinking about how gun violence can extend even to random shootings in concert venues, places that should be escape and respite from the everyday world. Horrible.

supernovagirl likes this.
  9. LessThanTrevor Jun 12, 2016
    (Last edited: Jun 12, 2016)
    LessThanTrevor

Trusted Prestigious

To top it all off - we just had the biggest mass shooting in US history last night. This has been a crazy weekend in Orlando and my heart goes out to all of those involved.