Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Used Band • Page 54

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by bradsonemanband, Mar 31, 2016.

1. latortuga

Regular

Pop up shop is pretty neat actually. I've seen this tech used for virtual home tours but not something like this, I dig. I also found Heartwork Vinyl which is a really neat looking vinyl and I like this release so I think I might go for it...

Mcrx likes this.
  2. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

I found this while browsing on YouTube last night. I was at this show! This was the first show I went to of my own choosing, and I was just days away from turning 12 years old.

Had no idea this existed, and I am so happy to relive it now.

stars143, Mcrx, beachdude and 4 others like this.
  3. Ah that’s so cool! I wish that I could have seen The Used around that time. Any time I watch one of their live shows from their first two albums it looks awesome.

Daniel182 likes this.
  4. kyle Nov 14, 2020
    (Last edited: Nov 14, 2020)
    I saw them twice during their s/t days but unfortunately I can’t remember much about those shows.

Mcrx likes this.
  5. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

first time I saw them was 2003 and have seen them 6 times total

Mcrx likes this.
  6. The first time I saw them was right after they got signed. Self Titled hadn’t even come out yet. And at that show, there was maybe 50 people there I think. At one point, Bert puked all over the stage, and in the middle of the song, Quinn took his guitar off, threw it down into the puke, jumped on his guitar, and then picked it back up and kept playing. It completely blew my 16-ish year old mind. Hahaha. Living in the same town as them, I’ve got quite a few stories from those early days. Loved them back then.

Total, I think I’ve seen them close to 10 times.

7. Mcrx

Regular

Oh idk...maybe not worth commenting on. Lol But I actually miss Tug, if it's not!

Ok so context clues, I'm guessing 03 or 04...or 02? Lol

I saw them in 04 on the ProRev tour, and that solidified my love for them/that album. It was a really great performance. Don't remember too much either, but I DO remember the Bert tees, and that is how I figured out he was the singer. Haha... no puking at my show, that I could tell. I was kinda far away, but like I said, it was great! Definitely a highlight of the night (helps that I loved ALL the setlist/that album lol It was RIGHT before ILAD, I guess, but I think they played a couple from that) and I was with my BFF for it, so like Blue and Yellow will always mean so much to me. :D

Daniel182 likes this.
  8. Mcrx

Regular

Oh yea! And I really want a couple of those new hoodies (afraid to say specifics and them get snatched up lol). But like, I also have no money and have other things on my gift list that have priority. Ugh! Idk...why can't I be a kid again and get lots of presents??! Lol

9. Daniel182

June 2003!

Mcrx likes this.
  10. Mcrx

Regular

That's rad! If I remember right, I was just getting into the album at that time, so like probably missed them coming around that year. Oh well!

And I have to watch your upload still, but bet it was super rad! :D

I'll prolly cry too. Maybe memories?? Lol

Daniel182 likes this.
  11. Full Effect Ed

...In F*cking Full Effect Prestigious

My first Used show was in 2002 when they opened for Goldfinger (prior to S/T coming out - GF was touring for their “Open Your Eyes” record), then I saw them again later that year when they opened for Box Car Racer

Mcrx likes this.
  12. I wish I heard more folks in general (not necessarily here) talk about Artwork. I think that The Used's Self Titled is probably their best album but I think that Artwork might be my favorite album by them. I can listen to this at any time, every day, and I'm not skipping a song. Artwork needs all of the love.

Mcrx likes this.
  13. angel paste

grey hairs, get out of me zoots! Prestigious

Meant To Die slaps

14. TedSchmosby

Trusted

Someone said in this thread a while back that Meant to Die and Sold My Soul have something special about them. That made me listen to the album and it very well might be my favourite of theirs. Those two songs definitely pop into my head often, they’re so catchy

15. irthesteve

I definitely called those two out specifically in the Heartwork thread, so if it's me that spurred you checking it out, that's great to hear!

Mcrx and TedSchmosby like this.
  16. TedSchmosby

Trusted

Yes, must've been! Thanks!! :)

irthesteve and Christian Romero like this.
  17. Dog Fish

Mutt

I'm pretty sure I can say this without nostalgia goggles, but s/t fucking rips. One of my favorite full lengths from the scene. Love revisiting that album. Don't really enjoy anything else...but damn was that album amazing.

Mcrx, stars143, latortuga and 4 others like this.
  18. Dog Fish

Mutt

13:52........did.....did he pick up a used condom thrown on the stage?

SpyKi likes this.
  19. Daniel182

I still need to watch! Only got two songs in last week haha.

20. I really want to know whatever happened to that album that Quinn, Branden, and Tyler Glenn recorded.

JamesMichael and Mcrx like this.
  21. irthesteve

wait... I feel like I knew that was a thing at the time, but I totally forgot. I really would love to hear that.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  22. angel paste

grey hairs, get out of me zoots! Prestigious

ahhhhh i want that

bradsonemanband likes this.
  23. Also...

24. Mcrx

Regular

When the anniversary went by, I knew a few folks fanning over this and some songs again later. I listened to it (And probably mentioned it here), I loved it!
    The songs the mutual s were sharing, I had to revisit and enjoyed again. I'm bad with the names, but one was the last track (which is also like the first track??).

Definitely will listen again sometime, hopefully. Sadly, I haven't even listened to Heartwork as much, but I'm just very wrapped up in blink stuff lately. Lol

Was this a recent thing or when Quinn was kicked out of TheUsed?? Cuz I remember hearing about a new project, but never got any specifics and I know Brandon has been busy with Rancid. I'd be so stoked on this though!

Christian Romero likes this.
  25. Daniel182

This is pretty awesome