Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Used Band • Page 53

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by bradsonemanband, Mar 31, 2016.

1. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Yeah the whole thing sounds really muddy, especially the guitars

I loooved Over and Over Again though

Mcrx, irthesteve and Micool1 like this.
  2. clockwise

GREEN DUDES BEST GREEN DAY PODCAST Prestigious

I think it sounds good. And warm.

Christian Romero likes this.
  3. nohandstoholdonto

problem addict Prestigious

I am a Ross Robinson apologist but imo that album is not a good example of his work

4. Mcrx

Regular

What happened to this thread? Where is everyone??

It's Artwork day!!

Christian Romero likes this.
  5. Mcrx

Regular

Hey, are there any TheUsed podcasts? Anyone know??

6. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

Idk about podcasts dedicated to the Used but I know Bert did LSS recently and guested on I Miss Emo as well I believe

Mcrx likes this.
  7. Mcrx

Regular

yea, I realize those are out there, but I am in fact looking for fan podcasts...if there are none, someone should make one! :P
    But seriously, it's hard for me to find fan communities for this band, and I wish I could nerd out or just watch others nerd out about this band. It's the reason I signed up here, tbh! :D

8. Mcrx

Regular

yep! happy sweet sixteen!!

9. Mcrx

Regular

Played Heartwork again the other day. I really think this is my second favorite or even tied with self titled. So good!

inlayjay likes this.
  10. Mcrx

Regular

oh, i didn't even know that. Sweet!!

11. Mcrx

Regular

So, omg! I don't know if I ever admitted this, but I never had the chance to listen to Artwork...until today. I had heard a few songs, but not the full album. Well, you guys were right, it IS a fantastic album! I don't know if it's just the place I'm at in life right now, but I really enjoyed it. (I say that because I get hints of like an AVA sound, which kinda took a minute to grow on me-some songs of AVA. Others I loved right away. But yea, I got into AVA late.) Also, it's probably just me, but I was getting strong TBS TAYF vibes here too! Of course, the emo runs strong in this album, so that's probably why. When exactly did Bert lose his screams??

Also, happy belated The Canyon birthday!! I still need to celebrate properly. (Too many parties lately! Lol)

TedSchmosby and irthesteve like this.
  12. I think Bert stopped screaming after Lies for the Liars, so Artwork would be the first album he couldn't scream on. Artwork is for sure my second favorite album by The Used, right behind their self titled. I can put this album on at any time and will always listen all the way through.

Mcrx likes this.
  13. clockwise

My top three are The Canyon, Lies For The Liars and Vulnerable. The order changes depending on my mood.

TedSchmosby likes this.
  14. TedSchmosby

Trusted

That’s what I’ve heard, but he screams on Artwork. Maybe he just reserved it for the record because he’s not screaming in live videos from that time

15. TedSchmosby

Trusted

The three I haven’t heard (plus Imaginary Enemy)! Interesting!

16. I really disliked the Canyon at first, but after a few listens, that album is really great. Just took some time to soak in I guess

beachdude and clockwise like this.
  17. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

it has it's moments, but it's too bloated and the production is trash. If they took the... 10ish best tracks, and had better production, the album could be one of their best.

stars143, Mcrx and Christian Romero like this.
  18. clockwise

It's intended to be an epic story of an album, so I think it would lose a lot of its character if it were reduced to a standard length record. As far as production goes, I understand the argument but disagree with it. I do think if it was raw in the same way Ocean of the Sky was it might have come off better.

beachdude likes this.
  19. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I don't really care about character or the story if it sounds bad. I can write an epic story of an album but it'll be shit.

20. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Ocean gave me hopes for the next record's sound with the rawness and then they put out Imaginary Enemy

21. clockwise

Same, it left me very confused at the time.

22. random

23. That pop up shop is pretty cool! I enjoyed looking through some of the gear they have, even though most of their gear isn't really for me.

Mcrx likes this.
  24. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

I'm sure TUG will have been and bought everything already.

Mcrx, beachdude and chewbacca110 like this.
  25. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

I believe inlayjay is TUG

Collins, Mcrx, beachdude and 2 others like this.