Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Used Band • Page 5

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by bradsonemanband, Mar 31, 2016.

1. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

Man, the self titled is such a well made album. I've been on this really weirdly specific kick on dark, moody, goth-tinged emo rock (My Chemical Romance, Cursive, Thursday to an extent) and this album is one of the best from that group and frankly one of the best from the scene.

It's a real damn shame that the rest of their discog is kind of ass water aside from some songs here and there

fenway89 and irthesteve like this.
  2. Bane

The spiciest meme

I like Artwork more than most people, it feels darker than a lot of their other stuff for some reason. It might be in the production or something, but it just feels heavy to me.

Like Men Are All the Same. I REALLY dig that one specifically.

Contender, Davjs and Jams like this.
  3. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Yeah man that album is so good. I loved Beets vocals on there so much, his screaming was insane.

fenway89 and CoffeeEyes17 like this.
  4. CoffeeEyes17

Beets

Daniel182 likes this.
  5. SpyKi

Damn phone.

6. CoffeeEyes17

Don't blame the phone Jakob you've got beers on the mind

I'm a turnip person myself

7. I listened to In Love and Death the other day and, for the most part, that album blows. A couple good songs and some really horrendous shit. I take back my initial comment saying they have two good albums - that's false, they only have one.

fenway89 likes this.
  8. Jams

Trusted

This thread is not good for my heart omg:brokenheart: First you all come after Artwork, now ILAD!?!! I love every song on that album and wouldn't change anything. The singles are great. It has fucking Sound Effects and Overdramatics! Hard to Say makes me cry like a baby. Cut Up Angels is a top 5 Used song for me. And don't get me started on Yesterday's Feelings!! I am horrendous at describing why I like (or dislike) things but that album means so much to me! Looks like now I gotta relisten to it (and love every minute of it!)

Turkeylegz and Davjs like this.
  9. SpyKi

I still love ILAD. Cut Up Angels is the only song on there I dont like much.

10. Davjs

Trusted

ILAD isn't as hard overall, even though it has it's moments so I can see why some people feel it's not as good as the first. I think they do really good soft stuff though. Let it Bleed is a top 5 for me.

11. clockwise

GREEN DUDES BEST GREEN DAY PODCAST Prestigious

Time for another off the cuff and controversial ranking -

Vulnerable
    Lies
    ILAD
    ST
    Shallow Believer
    Ocean of the Sky EP
    Imaginary Enemy
    Artwork

12. Davjs

Trusted

Very controversial. Your two 2 and last are backwards :-)

13. Jams

Trusted

Vulnerable being someone's #1 is sooo weird to me because it is my clear least favorite but hey, if you love it then more power to you lol (and Artwork as last.....killing me)
    My ranking:
    Self-titled
    ILAD/Artwork
    Shallow Believer
    Imaginary Enemy
    Lies
    Ocean of the Sky
    Vulnerable

14. Jams

Trusted

That is my favorite song on ILAD probably!!! I just love that song for some reason (can't really explain why though because I am shit with words lol)

15. Davjs

Trusted

the Used
    In Love and Death
    Artwork
    Shallow Believer
    Vulnerable
    Ocean of the Sky
    Lies for the Liar
    Imaginary Enemy

16. TedSchmosby

Trusted

This band has some great singles, and has been on my radar since Lies came out, but I've never sunk my teeth into a full album. Should I start at the beginning?

17. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

Yes

18. CoffeeEyes17

Yep start with the S/T and then that's it

fenway89 and kyle like this.
  19. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Gonna actually listen to some of their albums later today too... started the podcast last night and it got me interested. I've always dug their singles but never dug deeper. Maybe Justin can help them make a comeback.

fenway89 likes this.
  20. SpyKi

everyone go listen to the damn selftitled.

21. clockwise

GREEN DUDES BEST GREEN DAY PODCAST Prestigious

Despite what everyone else says their later output is still worthwhile imo, it just strays pretty far from what makes self titled so special.

22. TedSchmosby

Trusted

I listened to most of the self titled in bed last night and was really into it. I've always loved Bert's voice. Excited to listen again tonight

23. Davjs

Trusted

Besides a couple of tracks, that'd get me too pumped in order to go to bed.

24. TedSchmosby

Trusted

I used to not be able to listen to any music in bed, no matter how mellow, because I would get too into it, but I've found a way over the last few months to put my mind in a certain place where I can appreciate and pay attention to the music but still get where I gotta be

Davjs likes this.
  25. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Saw them last night. It was fun! Bert obv can't scream anymore but eh tbh I didn't really care or feel i was missing out. He tried screaming on Choke Me and it was unpleasant. He was also very endearing. He was so positive and smiley it was infectious. like I feel if I saw this show as a teen and heard his words it would've helped out a young lil me

fenway89 and Jams like this.