Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Used Band • Page 47

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by bradsonemanband, Mar 31, 2016.

1. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

There's also a non-zero chance that the cancelled cities are part of the new tour anyway, just different dates/venues

2. Kuri44 Feb 25, 2020
    (Last edited by a moderator: Feb 25, 2020)
    Kuri44

I know slipknot fans who are causal fans on the used and same with blink. But i do think it’s a bit unprofessional and/or bad managing to quit the other shows they already had set overseas, but I’ve already shared my less than stellar meeting with Bert in 2003, so making shitty decisions isn’t too surprising personally. But hey, with all the steaming/burning and overall lack of respect for this scene anymore I understand them taking the more opportunistic route

3. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

4. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Whoever they tour with they should play Vulnerable front to back, but with Quinn.

Mcrx likes this.
  5. JM95

Trusted

I mean you could apply that logic to a lot of selfish, disrespectful behaviour.

"Sorry I cheated on you, babe, but I needed to do what was best for me. I mean people get cheated on all the time, it sucks for you but it's not that big a deal overall. And if you were offered a better opportunity, especially with that hot new girl at work, you'd be insane not to take it!"

I'm purposely overdoing the analogy a little but "they need to do what's best for them" is a largely empty justification. Cancelling tours for your health, or because a big opportunity came along that would really augment your ability to financially support your family are perfectly understandable reasons. It might suck for those who brought tickets but people are generally understanding of it. And maybe this does make up part of the reason for this cancellation.

But dedicated fans bought tickets to this, trusting that the band "can't wait" (quote from their initial tour announcement) to do this tour. They maybe bought tickets for their friend's birthday or maybe for their anniversary etc. So when said band turns round a few weeks later and tells them they got a better opportunity that they're more excited about then it doesn't come across well at all. I don't think their statement reads convincingly that it was anything much more than "eh this other thing's just better. Soz." They're letting down fans, support acts, venues. If you're doing it for your health or your family/friends, you better spell it out.

I have no feelings either way on The Used as a band and I wouldn't even have known about them touring here so it really doesn't affect me. But if I was a fan it would feel like they were slapping me in the face. Yes, they might being honest about it and not just hiding behind "due to unforeseen circumstances", but a slap in the face instead of a slap from behind is still a slap.

6. Dog Fish

Mutt

Maybe The Format is extending their tour and Used got invited to open?

beachdude, SpyKi and irthesteve like this.
  7. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

The Used is a weird band for me, I have a soft spot so I'm probably nicer to some of their material, they have a good amount I really dislike, a lot I love

That being said anybody who is travelling more than a couple hours or for some reason flying to see this band live is doing it wrong

I watched a pro shot of Buried Myself Alive with the new guitarist and it's literally one of the saddest things I ever watched

beachdude and Christian Romero like this.
  8. Mcrx

Regular

If one could marry a song, this would be one of those songs for me. :P

beachdude likes this.
  9. Mcrx

Regular

Huh? What's this? Where's this?

10. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

Not sure what their source is, but this page is usually pretty credible.

11. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

12. Mcrx

Regular

Ooo yes. This is all kinds of cringe! It also sounds like the song was tuned down (?) Like it didn't even feel natural for Bert to sing it. But yeah, it just ...yea that's sad. :/

13. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

Wow all the power and emotion of the original song is gone there. Sounds so flat.

Mcrx likes this.
  14. sukottokairu

Regular

they downtune their entire set a full step. but yeah, it sounds like he wanted to sing higher the whole time and it made it sound awkward. also what's the deal with the timing on the transitions to the chorus...

Mcrx likes this.
  15. they really need 2 guitarists live... haha

beachdude and AlwaysEvolving21 like this.
  16. clockwise

GREEN DUDES BEST GREEN DAY PODCAST Prestigious

Huh I thought that performance was pretty good

17. broken22

(:

So is the band just Bert and a bunch of hired guns now ?

18. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

It's still Bert, Jeph and Dan who have been in the band together since Lies for the Liars. Guitar is the only part that has been rotating, landing with Joey Bradford currently.

beachdude, Irra, Mcrx and 1 other person like this.
  19. Irra

People can’t let things go. It’s not the OG lineup but other than Joey the band has had a solid lineup for the better part of 2 decades.

20. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Paradise Lost is so good. The chorus rules. Best opener since Take It Away.

21. upload_2020-2-27_12-54-34.png

22. Irra

Better than Maybe Memories?

23. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

maybe memories came before take it away.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  24. Irra

I miss read you comment. I’m ridiculous. I see you said “since”. I’ll work on my reading comprehension. Lol

AlwaysEvolving21 likes this.
  25. BlackwingE

Trusted

I Come Alive is their best opener.