Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Used Band • Page 46

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by bradsonemanband, Mar 31, 2016.

1. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Well yeah, but bands postpone tours all the time, they need to do what's best for them. Of course it sucks for the people attending, but that's true about any cancelled show ever.

2. Richard

Trusted Prestigious

Nope. If you make plans with someone/or something you don't just pull out, especially when your fans have paid money.

Slam Dunk tickets, for example, are non-refundable. As are a lot of travel & accommodation.

Completely different if its for personal reasons, but cancelling "because something better came up" is a dick move. Plus I'm gonna bet whatever "cool" thing they announce is not going to be for their fan base.

3. irthesteve

ok Richard, I'll tell every band ever that they can't cancel shows in favor of other shows anymore. BRB

4. Richard

Trusted Prestigious

It's really not as common as you make out.. I remember Paramore doing it way back, and people were outraged at the time.

I had tickets to this, and I'm annoyed. Not sure why you think its not a dick move lol.

5. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

[​IMG]

zachmacD, Dog Fish and irthesteve like this.
  6. irthesteve

maybe because I understand that music and touring is the livelihood of the members of the band and they can do whatever they need to for the band to keep themselves and their families above the water. This is The Used, not The Rolling Stones

7. Richard

Trusted Prestigious

Okay mate. Apologies for being annoyed. I bow down to your superior knowledge of the music industry. You're absolutely bang on - The Used's families are really struggling, and they need money ASAP. Maybe we can do a whip around while we're at it? So what if fans had booked non-refundable travel and accommodation! Fuck the fans. Stupid idiots! :-)

8. irthesteve

the travel and accommodations argument is your worst yet. No artist is EVER on the hook for any travel or stay for any show, cancelled or not. They are on the hook for the concert ticket that was purchased and cancelled, but that is all. If I spend $10,000 to fly to ANY event, that's my own burden to bear. If I spend gas money to drive an hour, that's on me. It's called risk, and you take risk any time you book any travel, whether it be for concerts, vacations, or anything. "what if fans booked non-refundable travel"?? Are you actually serious with this?

9. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

p confident this is not about mcr but i also can't think of very many possible opportunities for the used that wouldn't necessitate the involvement of a band as big as my chem and like...who else?

10. irthesteve

Justin Bieber if we're lucky

11. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

idk when you think about how big and influential the used is, touring with justin bieber seems like a downgrade

12. irthesteve

no, I am saying that JB is opening for The Used. Did you really think the opposite? You are DUMB

skogsraet likes this.
  13. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I’d like to see JB

thenewmatthewperry likes this.
  14. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

lmao of course, my mistake

irthesteve likes this.
  15. j0nnymarrzbar

Regular

Also keep in mind that the band is also their business and livelihood. Whilst it sucks for fans that may have purchased tickets, these decisions aren't being made lightly I'm sure.

irthesteve likes this.
  16. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

what if it's Ozzy?

17. nohandstoholdonto

problem addict Prestigious

I hope everyone here that thinks less of them for this (not that are upset about missing them, key difference) would not leave their current job for one with higher pay and better benefits if they were offered one.

18. irthesteve

What seems most likely to me, isn't simply an opening act tour, but probably something like Taste of Chaos, or another touring festival that will be packed with 4-5 other big name. Just my guess.

beachdude and skogsraet like this.
  19. clockwise

GREEN DUDES BEST GREEN DAY PODCAST Prestigious

I think they're touring w/ blink.

MRose24, bradsonemanband and Mcrx like this.
  20. Mcrx

Regular

Wowie! got kinda heated in here today! Listen, I know I'd be upset if a show I was going to got cancelled, but I do understand that it's the band's choice. irthesteve does have a point though about taking a risk buying tickets. I mean, it is really unfortunate that some venues' tickets are non-refundable. Wish there was something that could be done about that, but the band must do what's in their best interest and as jonnymarrzbar said, they probably didn't make this decision lightly.

I can't wait to find out what the big change is though! I think I've also heard rumors about blink as well.

j0nnymarrzbar likes this.
  21. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

kinda hope that's not true cause i'd rather see the used than blink but it'd be a smart move for them ig

22. Full Effect Ed Feb 25, 2020
    (Last edited: Feb 25, 2020)
    Full Effect Ed

...In F*cking Full Effect Prestigious

I can’t see them canceling an entire Eurotour for a Blink tour. For one they’ve already toured with Blink in the past.

UPDATE: There’s a chance this may be an opening slot for Slipknot

23. Full Effect Ed

They’ve got ADTR & Underoath opening for them in the Fall. Slipknot always takes out younger/different bands with them.

24. irthesteve

Let's just wait and see what it is

25. Full Effect Ed

It’s so weird that they’re canceling an entire tour just to tour with a band I know they’ve toured with in the past (during the Untitled tour in 2003-2004). I guess it makes sense since Mark & Travis are on the new record but still...they actually cancelled an entire tour for this lol